Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Berry working out for the chiefs

Default Berry working out for the chiefs

Just heard on NFL network..Berry is working out for KC today...woot...

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    At the fifth pick, Berry would command 11 mil a year, making him BY FAR the highest paid safety in the league, never having played a snap.

Why is that a problem, you ask? Well, because we still have to pay the other positions.

You wouldn't pay as much for your cell phone as you do for your car, would you? if you did, you wouldn't be able to afford your car (left tackle). even if its a reeeeeeeaally good phone.
    You may be right, and as I don't agree with a player making so much before they even play a snap, there are no restricts by the NFL.

But in this case, Your going to have to shell out money to any pick at number, any player can be a sleeper just as any player can be a buster. Saftey is a great pick, most play the same thing they did in college so there is not much difference in them.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    You may be right, and as I don't agree with a player making so much before they even play a snap, there are no restricts by the NFL.

But in this case, Your going to have to shell out money to any pick at number, any player can be a sleeper just as any player can be a buster. Saftey is a great pick, most play the same thing they did in college so there is not much difference in them.
    Yeah, it's not like we got a discount last year when we took Jackson at #3, even though he was projected mid to late 1st round. He still got 3rd pick money. They really need to limit rookie salaries, especially in a league that has a salary cap. A lot of these rookies make 2-3 times more than veteran pro bowlers at the same position.

agreed on the rookie cap

If there were a rookie cap, this draft wouldn't be nearly so laoded. Many guys came out early because they know that a rookie pay scale will be part of the next collective bargaining agreement.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm in favor of a rookie pay scale as well. The fans are the people most hurt by what is going on.

The amount of money it takes for a family of 4 to see a Chiefs game is sickening. It's gotten way out of control. Meanwhile, owners and players are fighting over who gets more millions.

It's so backwards...Only in the NFL do "new employees" get Executive level pay.

you cant blame the players though. ITs the owners who keeps on willing to pay them the mega bucks. but now there finally doing something about it. i dont blame the owners for ending the collective bargaining agreement. but now they need to settle it.

This stuff reminds me of the Aaron Curry fervor

I hope we get Berry, but I'm waiting for that announcement I've gotten used to over the years....

"And with the fifth selection of the 2010 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs take Herman Lifschitz, Running Back, Northeast Missouri School of Beauty"

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    This stuff reminds me of the Aaron Curry fervor

I hope we get Berry, but I'm waiting for that announcement I've gotten used to over the years....

"And with the fifth selection of the 2010 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs take Herman Lifschitz, Running Back, Northeast Missouri School of Beauty"

Yep, which is why I'm keeping myself open this year to several guys. I'm pretty sure the pick is going to be Bulaga or Berry, but who knows.

who ever we draft is gonna demand top dollars im not gonna say dont draft berry because hes gonna demand top bucks cause every rookies gonna demand top dollars

As we have seen in past years we never know who the teams before us will pick, it's all a guessing game. I could see Pioli trading back a few spots if it gives us a good return. I don't see us trading up, the cost would be too high unless we got lucky. Pioli has done well IMO so far in the FA market. With the new coaching staff and the players that have been added, it's a big step up. To me, coaching is everything. No matter who we get, they will demand big bucks, rookie caps, heck yea I'm all for it. The question is, is the one we get really worth it, a few spots back could save us alot of money, not that the money is a big deal, the browns spent more on three players during FA than the Chiefs did on there entire team. This has to be a make it or break it year for Dorsey, Bowe, albert, Jackson and so on. Tho we still have alot of issues, I'm hope this will be the start of a great season. I cant handle too many more disappointing years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast