Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs take Dan Williams to dinner

Default Chiefs take Dan Williams to dinner

From NFL coverage of tenn. pro day

"Williams said he had dinner Tuesday night with Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel."

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am personaly sick and tired of drafting D line with our first pick. Sick of it. We have drafted so many sure thing that are no bodies. Stop drafting D line with our first.
    I don't care what position is drafted...Anywhere we can improve is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't care what position is drafted...Anywhere we can improve is fine with me.
    John Browning, Jr. Siavii, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Tank Tyler, Turk McBride, ??? on Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.

Only Tamba Hali has been proved he is worth it and he is actually an OLB now..

Stay away from the D line. I don't care how good they are supposed to be. Our team is in shambles because of the failed attempts to draft D Line...

John Browning, Jr. Siavii, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Tank Tyler, Turk McBride, ??? on Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.

Only Tamba Hali has been proved he is worth it and he is actually an OLB now..

Stay away from the D line. I don't care how good they are supposed to be. Our team is in shambles because of the failed attempts to draft D Line...
    Keep in mind that the only DL pick of the current administration is Tyson Jackson and I think he is better than all the rest of the men you named combined other than Tamba Hali. I won't say his name but The King drafted 9 players to find 2 good ones then traded one of them to Minnesota that got the Chiefs a Olineman with yet another DL. Pioli will get it right in much less tries.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Keep in mind that the only DL pick of the current administration is Tyson Jackson and I think he is better than all the rest of the men you named combined other than Tamba Hali. I won't say his name but The King drafted 9 players to find 2 good ones then traded one of them to Minnesota that got the Chiefs a Olineman with yet another DL. Pioli will get it right in much less tries.
    Getting the best NT in the draft would not bother me at all. I think it's probably the Chiefs biggest position of need. I also think it is the position where the talent level falls off very quickly in this draft. The difference between Dan Williams and Terrence Cody is big in my mind. Why hope the 2nd best NT falls to us, when we can take the best NT and fill our biggest need.

I also think LB is a huge need. I would not be shocked to see us go LB in the 1st round either. I think there will be plenty of good safeties left in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Getting the best NT in the draft would not bother me at all. I think it's probably the Chiefs biggest position of need. I also think it is the position where the talent level falls off very quickly in this draft. The difference between Dan Williams and Terrence Cody is big in my mind. Why hope the 2nd best NT falls to us, when we can take the best NT and fill our biggest need.

I also think LB is a huge need. I would not be shocked to see us go LB in the 1st round either. I think there will be plenty of good safeties left in the 2nd round.
    Agreed on a NT.

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Your opinion of Jacksin is much higher than mine. I am giving him a pass being a rooking an all, but so far... He files right in line with the others.

Your opinion of Jacksin is much higher than mine. I am giving him a pass being a rooking an all, but so far... He files right in line with the others.
    Like you said he was a rookie. His ability will get higher as he gets experience as well as help. If we did take Dan Williams I wouldn't be upset about it but , if we end up with Berry I wouldn't be upset either. Both players would fill a need of the team and who is to say that those two men are the gold we need? They could both end up busts as well. Playing at a superman level in college is not the same as playing in the NFL. I am very excited about the team and the moves they have made to date since Scott Pioli has become GM.
    Chiefs Nation

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Jackson was a rookie and Dorsey was in a new system. I think Dorsey will have a make or break year. I also think Jackson will improve being 2nd year in system. Only wild card is? How much is Crennel going to change the defense? I know the components of the system is still there but a change is a change. I would give either of the guys a pass on this year also. That being said? I dont really have a preference either way between Berry or Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    From NFL coverage of tenn. pro day

"Williams said he had dinner Tuesday night with Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel."
    I can only imagine what the bill was...Weis, Crennel, and a 320+ lb. linemen. We won't even be able to sign our first rounder now...

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Jackson was a rookie and Dorsey was in a new system. I think Dorsey will have a make or break year. I also think Jackson will improve being 2nd year in system. Only wild card is? How much is Crennel going to change the defense? I know the components of the system is still there but a change is a change. I would give either of the guys a pass on this year also. That being said? I dont really have a preference either way between Berry or Williams.
    I have always assumed that every player we drafted would get better the following year, but historically at the D line position. I have grown to become skeptical. Some experts have Dan Williams going in round 2, but fans think he is a round one pick because he is the best NT. I hate reaching for players. The team needs to draft the best player on the board. I would be upset if we drafted Williams with our 5th overall.

In my opinion Ron Edwards was no the problem. The Chiefs addressed depth this year. NT is not the highest need at this time and should not reach on this poistion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast