Thread: Are any going to Draft Day at Arrowhead?

Default Are any going to Draft Day at Arrowhead?

The Draft Day Party at Arrowheads Training Facility is a month away...April 22nd. Have any of y'all at Chiefs Crowd bought tickets, or are you planning on attending?

My friend Kelly from Wisconsin called Sunday and said he's thinking about driving down & attending Draft Day...somewhat surprised me he'd drive that far for DD, but it will be cool if he does...I wouldn't have to go alone, haha! He's not attended the DD Party before, so if he is able to drive in for it...it'll be his first DD at Arrowhead! His birthday is also April 22nd...with his being a diehard Chiefs fan & the DD Party on his birthday there's double reason to celebrate, haha. ~I'd best plan on being the designated driver, haha~

Anyway, just curious if any of y'all are planning on going?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I went last year and found it kind of lame. They were closing things down as soon as the Chiefs picked. If I were to go again I would not buy the high dollar seats again.

Not making the trip from Wisconsin...wish I could though.

I which I could come. One day I should!

I would love to, but kids ball schedule don't allow. sounds like fun though .I'v never been.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    The Draft Day Party at Arrowheads Training Facility is a month away...April 22nd. Have any of y'all at Chiefs Crowd bought tickets, or are you planning on attending?

My friend Kelly from Wisconsin called Sunday and said he's thinking about driving down & attending Draft Day...somewhat surprised me he'd drive that far for DD, but it will be cool if he does...I wouldn't have to go alone, haha! He's not attended the DD Party before, so if he is able to drive in for it...it'll be his first DD at Arrowhead! His birthday is also April 22nd...with his being a diehard Chiefs fan & the DD Party on his birthday there's double reason to celebrate, haha. ~I'd best plan on being the designated driver, haha~

Anyway, just curious if any of y'all are planning on going?
    No, but I think your friend Kelley, should join the Chiefs Crowd!

I might go ! what the hell Its on a Thursday Night which is stupid as hell but I need a break from reality ! I went last year and had a blast , We had a big crew from South Dakota come down, its was a beautiful day and we got there around noon , started cooking a huge pork loin on the grill. We partied up to the first pick, went in and partied some more watched the Tyson Jackson pick, got shooed out by the Chiefs staff. We then continued to party and invite people to our tailgate .We started off about 9 strong and ended about 20-25 strong. We had to run and buy about 7 more 30 packs of bud but it was a blast and we didnt leave until the Royals game let out that night . We also left with some new friends from the KC area ( although I cant remember any names ) . If you want to see videos of the draft party we took go to my you tube section in my sig . or www.youtube.com/yzilla.

A word of advice , Don't believe the hype of the draft party , its fun but when you pick early its fast . Don't waste your money on VIP tables so you can sit down. Its a waste and the whole time your there you are wandering around the indoor facilty and talking chiefs football with everyone . It's a very, very cool thing to go to don't get me wrong. Just don't spend all of your money on the VIP stuff. You will have a blast just being there . We are the 5th pick so it will be ending shortly after that .

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    No, but I think your friend Kelley, should join the Chiefs Crowd!
    He's already a member of Chiefs Crowd!! He joined back in 2007!! He just doesn't participate. I wish he would, he can be a lot of fun!! He can be opinionated, just like many are with Chiefs debates, lol.

Don't know if you remember TS, but you mentioned once in the past I needed to get Kelly to participate here. I told ya then he was a member, and you sent him a PM. Well, he told me he got it, hahaha. He also said maybe after the holidays he'd have more time and post...but I doubted he would.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I might go ! what the hell Its on a Thursday Night which is stupid as hell but I need a break from reality ! I went last year and had a blast , We had a big crew from South Dakota come down, its was a beautiful day and we got there around noon , started cooking a huge pork loin on the grill. We partied up to the first pick, went in and partied some more watched the Tyson Jackson pick, got shooed out by the Chiefs staff. We then continued to party and invite people to our tailgate .We started off about 9 strong and ended about 20-25 strong. We had to run and buy about 7 more 30 packs of bud but it was a blast and we didnt leave until the Royals game let out that night . We also left with some new friends from the KC area ( although I cant remember any names ) . If you want to see videos of the draft party we took go to my you tube section in my sig . or www.youtube.com/yzilla.
    OH MY GAWD!! I am sure hoping you do decide to come! Y'all make any Chiefs event so much more fun to attend! I know Kelly likes hanging with y'all too! He had a blast at the Dec. 6th game mostly because of hanging out with Chiefs Crowd members!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    A word of advice , Don't believe the hype of the draft party , its fun but when you pick early its fast . Don't waste your money on VIP tables so you can sit down. Its a waste and the whole time your there you are wandering around the indoor facilty and talking chiefs football with everyone . It's a very, very cool thing to go to don't get me wrong. Just don't spend all of your money on the VIP stuff. You will have a blast just being there . We are the 5th pick so it will be ending shortly after that .
    I've never paid for the VIP tables. I was unable to attend the last 3 yrs due to personal life change & transition...prior to that it was a family event every year...most of which are on budgets, couldn't afford the $80 per person VIP cost. We never had a problem getting an unreserved table, arrived about an hour before doors opened.

Besides, my grandson & I rarely sat, rather had fun with his being a little autograph hound & ham with picture taking, lol. Heck, he'd even ask all the vendors for their autographs & pics, not just the players, cheerleaders, etc., lol.

I can't bring my family due to it being on a weeknight, kids have school. It wouldn't be as much fun to go solo or not know any one to sit with, so I'd miss it again this year if that be the case.

I'm hopeful Kelly will be coming though, he mentioned taking some of his vacation time that week & weekend. Besides, I told him I make good birthday cakes, and gave my word his would be one of a kind, lol. I told him he has to wish for a Chiefs Super Bowl though when blowing out the candles, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~