Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Berry

Default Eric Berry

I just wanted to ask how it is that alot of people would love to have EB but some of the same people want to trade out of our pick.

One other thing is that so many people are caught on the money he will make if we pick him at #5, but we are going to have to pay that same money to someone why can't it be one of our biggest needed areas of the D.

If another D line guy is picked what % of the team salary will be used ON 3 GUYS?

I say Berry at #5, pay the man and watch the fireworks he can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    Are you guys kidding me????
    Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are going to be the two safeties of this Decade. THey are both Interception machines and are PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.
    A NOSE TACKLE IS NOT A PLAYMAKER.
    AND ON MOST PLAYS ARE USELESS.
    I know im going to get a lot of heat for this but i hnestly think that nose tackle is not the most important position. I would much rather have shaun smith starting at Nose Tackle and then having Earl Thomas or Eric Berry playing in the back field.

That could be true. I say we should try running a 2-5 defense instead of a 3-4. Only because the NT is not that important.

Unless you want to win Super Bowls.

Edit: I do agree with you on one point. NT's are not playmakers, they are play stoppers. You know.. the plays where they STOP the Running Back from running right up the middle.
    Last edited by stricken721; 03-26-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Resident Celebrity

I was listening to some NFL network podcast the other day, where they had some NFL Scout come on and break down this years draft. He was saying there is some really good DT's this year....to the point where you can get some quality players as far down as the 6th round. I really think we can find a solid NT not named Dan Williams in this draft is my bottom line.

Which ofcourse means, give me some BERRY flavored kool-aid please....

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Also, what YOU leave out is that Eric Berry would be making 11 million a year as a rookie. Only two safeties made that much last year - Troy Polamalu, who was injured for most of the year, and...your favorite player...michael huff.

If you overpay a position, you will not be able to afford adequate talent at another position. this is called "budgeting." If I only have $20 for dinner, I am not getting a $14 appetizer. I won't be able to afford an entree. This is what people don't understand.

We can draft Berry, sure. But then don't complain when we don't spend a dime in free agency on any of the other positions we need to upgrade.

If we took a left tackle at #5, we would be paying him big money, sure, but very good left tackles can make 10 mil a year easy.
    Your best post so far imo.

I like Berry and think he would be a Great pick overall, but not just too sure it should be at 5 and our first pick. It's funny all the things that have been said about Pioli and the way he feels about picking a s so high up yet in almost all the mock drafts they have us picking Berry. I cant wait to see what really happens, lol

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I like Berry and think he would be a Great pick overall, but not just too sure it should be at 5 and our first pick. It's funny all the things that have been said about Pioli and the way he feels about picking a s so high up yet in almost all the mock drafts they have us picking Berry. I cant wait to see what really happens, lol
    Don't forget, even the best at doing mock drafts are correct less than 30% of the time.

I like Berry because he's just not projected as the best safety prospect in years but I've also seen draftniks suggest he could also be as equally good at CB considering that was his original position. Too talented to say, "oh we shouldn't pay that much money to a Safety" but whoever you draft @ #5, you're going to have to pay them top flight money.

Trade out of the #5 spot and get Dez Bryant or Eric Berry.One of them will be there.If we don't trade to far down.We can get a good NT in the second rd.

Dez will really help that offense out and the same for Berry on the D-fense.Won't have to pay alot for them after the #5 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    Dez will really help that offense out and the same for Berry on the D-fense.Won't have to pay alot for them after the #5 spot.
    Dez and D-Bowe could have the potential to be like Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Chris Chambers is good but he's the oldest WR on the roster and won't last forever, Dez and D-Bowe can both benefit from having him on the roster.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    Trade out of the #5 spot and get Dez Bryant or Eric Berry.One of them will be there.If we don't trade to far down.We can get a good NT in the second rd.
    We have enough needs and there is enough depth in this draft that we could definitely trade down and get a player that would really help out our team. Plus, if we do trade down we could end up with another 2nd rounder or possibly even another 1st. It's a no brainer and I am sure Pioli will do everything he can to make it happen.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast