Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Berry

Default Eric Berry

I just wanted to ask how it is that alot of people would love to have EB but some of the same people want to trade out of our pick.

One other thing is that so many people are caught on the money he will make if we pick him at #5, but we are going to have to pay that same money to someone why can't it be one of our biggest needed areas of the D.

If another D line guy is picked what % of the team salary will be used ON 3 GUYS?

I say Berry at #5, pay the man and watch the fireworks he can produce.

I'm not going to be disappointed if we get Berry. I just think there are bigger positions of need on this team(NT(\) where there are much fewer good prospects. There will be good safeties available in the 2nd round. Will there be a good NT available in the 2nd round? A project NT maybe, a starting NT, probably not.

the good thing about our position is pretty much anything we do should help the team

i will probably celebrate if we get berry though

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    the good thing about our position is pretty much anything we do should help the team

i will probably celebrate if we get berry though
    I agree. We need help everywhere, so it's tough to argue with almost any pick at #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm not going to be disappointed if we get Berry. I just think there are bigger positions of need on this team(NT() where there are much fewer good prospects. There will be good safeties available in the 2nd round. Will there be a good NT available in the 2nd round? A project NT maybe, a starting NT, probably not.
    Agreed.

Resident Celebrity

If we get berry we get him and I will be glad to have him. I don't think that he is a must get guy. I will again say that we need pass rush help before safety help imo. It won't matter who is playing safety if the people have all day to get open. We need guys who can stop the run and help get pressure on the QB before safety. But Berry would not be a bad choice. I don't think that there is a clear pick for us so I will be happy with whoever we get.

Quote Originally Posted by kcallin View Post
    I just wanted to ask how it is that alot of people would love to have EB but some of the same people want to trade out of our pick.

One other thing is that so many people are caught on the money he will make if we pick him at #5, but we are going to have to pay that same money to someone why can't it be one of our biggest needed areas of the D.

If another D line guy is picked what % of the team salary will be used ON 3 GUYS?

I say Berry at #5, pay the man and watch the fireworks he can produce.

Berry is the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Berry is the pick.

I have also been on the Berry bandwagon since December/January lol...

but i can understand why people don't want to take a safety no.5 overall. Too much money and lack of value for his position being the main drawbacks...

But i counter saying we have plenty of cap space, and plenty of areas we need to improve. I say don't let money get in the way of us taking one of the most talented players in the draft. Yes, there will be starting quality safeties in rounds 2-3. But Eric Berry is more than just a quality starter.

I am a big believer in strong D Line = strong defense, and same thing for offense. So i understand why people want Okung, Bulaga, or Dan Williams to sure up the NT and d-line (not easy to find NT)...and i wouldn't be upset to see us take any of those guys really.

But if this guy is the next Elite safety, he could potentially be Ed Reed/Polamalu esque defensive MVP once our D-Line starts to improve... (which you know it will, now that we have proper defensive coaches who can actually develop a D Lineman....unlike Tim Krumrie from Carl era...)

Either way you slice it, If Okung falls to us (i doubt it), we take him. Great pick. Eric Berry falls to us, we take him. If both are taken, then that most likely leaves a DT or QB in which someone would likely trade for. And if THAT doesn't work out, then we can always grab the best NT in the draft in Dan Williams, albeit it would be a reach.

We really can't go wrong at no.5 overall

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast