Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoot! I was on a roll too! Darn it!

Default Shoot! I was on a roll too! Darn it!

The last few days have been fairly warm...yesterday was great!!...near 70, if not low 70's, sunshine galore! I've been on a roll this past week doing Spring Cleaning, organizing, home maintenance projects, all that. Sunshine & warmth, as well as the possibility of out of town company coming to stay with me in April...has inspired my energy.

Well, mid day the North winds began to howl carrying Old Man Winter with them. By late afternoon the temps were freezing again, along with sleet. UGH!! The good news is it shouldn't last...I hope any way!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We got the cold thats for sure here but so far nothing falling from the sky. I do miss the 60s though.
    I should learn to keep my big mouth shut no sooner did i type this did i start to here the ice hitting the window. Oh well.

Well, I woke early this morning to 10 inches of snow! 10"!!! The horrible winds did it again, blowing drifts across my drive and 6' drifts blocked my garage doors, so I'm trapped until some melting occurs. There was minor melting today, but not enough.

I've lived here since Spring of 1998, not once had I ever been trapped from snow & drifts...this now makes the 4th time this winter! :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, I woke early this morning to 10 inches of snow! 10"!!! The horrible winds did it again, blowing drifts across my drive and 6' drifts blocked my garage doors, so I'm trapped until some melting occurs. There was minor melting today, but not enough.

I've lived here since Spring of 1998, not once had I ever been trapped from snow & drifts...this now makes the 4th time this winter! :(
    Happy first day of Spring! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Happy first day of Spring! LOL!
    HA! Gee thanks! hahaha

At least it didn't last long...two days later it was all but gone, only traces remain now. I was able to get out yesterday. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    HA! Gee thanks! hahaha

At least it didn't last long...two days later it was all but gone, only traces remain now. I was able to get out yesterday. :)
    I was in North Texas with my girlfriend on Saturday, we got some snow. Not much but some. Weather is one of the craziest things.. damn Global Warming.

Resident Celebrity

Yeah, I saw where some of my Kid Rock related friends who live in around the Dallas area posted they had snow over the weekend.

No snow in Canada...sucKCers!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    That's cause you brought it here with you back in December and forgot to take it back to Canada when you left! LOL

Remember, it started that night of Dec. 6th, about the time I drove past KCI it was coming down heavy! Kelly was suppose to leave for home that following Tuesday after finishing up with work at the KC FedEx offices. He was trapped in KC, couldn't get home till it all stopped & roads were cleared, which I think was like Friday of that week. I had 16" accumulated here before it stopped.

He sent me an email while stuck in KC that said, "don't ever wish for snow again!!!!!!!!!!!!" I had told him I wished we could have the snows in Kansas I remember years ago, prior to so called global warming, hahaha.

Two weeks later it hit again...the 16" hadn't melted much, another 8-10" accumulated on top. We had it this year for sure...one snow storm after another!

It all started when you, Dan & Dell came from Canada, LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Looked like you had plenty in British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Looked like you had plenty in British Columbia.
    that is the other side of the country from me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12