Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoot! I was on a roll too! Darn it!

Default Shoot! I was on a roll too! Darn it!

The last few days have been fairly warm...yesterday was great!!...near 70, if not low 70's, sunshine galore! I've been on a roll this past week doing Spring Cleaning, organizing, home maintenance projects, all that. Sunshine & warmth, as well as the possibility of out of town company coming to stay with me in April...has inspired my energy.

Well, mid day the North winds began to howl carrying Old Man Winter with them. By late afternoon the temps were freezing again, along with sleet. UGH!! The good news is it shouldn't last...I hope any way!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sleet turned to snow at some point! I guess that's a good thing. There's about 3" on the ground now, & it's still coming down. :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Sleet turned to snow at some point! I guess that's a good thing. There's about 3" on the ground now, & it's still coming down. :(
    I'm afraid that crap is headed my way!
    Chiefs in 2011

I am enjoying the last couple of hours of the 60s its heading my way to.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

This storm is so wierd! Imagine that! Midwest weather being wierd! I dont live but maybe 30 mins from Connie and we only have about 3/4 of an inch atm although we got about 1/8 ice under that! Stay warm all!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    This storm is so wierd! Imagine that! Midwest weather being wierd! I dont live but maybe 30 mins from Connie and we only have about 3/4 of an inch atm although we got about 1/8 ice under that! Stay warm all!
    Yeah, I have about 1/4" of ice under the now 4-5" of snow! It's still coming down too. I'm a 30 minutes Northwest of you though. The wind is still howling here also, nasty cold front passing through for sure! :(

Im wearing shorts in Canada (the country not the guy)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im wearing shorts in Canada (the country not the guy)

You'd wear shorts with 12 feet of snow on the ground.

We're supposed to get four inches of snow today and four more tonight. Then, on Sunday we're supposed to have a rain/snow mix with new snow accumulation of only one inch.

Winter! I done with it! I want to strap a snow shovel to the front of my vehicle and drive south until some one ask me what the hell that is, then I will be at my new home.

We got the cold thats for sure here but so far nothing falling from the sky. I do miss the 60s though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast