Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mock Drafts

Default Mock Drafts

I didn't see a thread for everyone to post their mock drafts, but I wanted to share mine (I'll revise when compensatory picks come out, if necessary, but I don't see us getting much there):

Round 1/Pick 5: We trade this pick to the Buffalo Bills for Buffalo's 2010 1st (9), 3rd (72), and 6th round picks, and Buffalo's 2011 3rd round pick. Buffalo selects Jimmy Clausen.

Round 1/Pick 9: Dan Williams (NT)

Round 2/Pick 36: Vladamir Ducasse (RT)

Round 2/Pick 50 (Falcons): Mardy Gilyard (WR/KR)

Round 3/Pick 68: Chad Jones (S)

Round 3/Pick 72 (Buffalo): Doren Dickerson (TE)

Round 4/Pick ??: Kevin Basped (OLB/DE)

Round 5/Pick ??: Jamar Cheney (ILB)

Round 5/Pick ?? (Miami): Rahim Alem (OLB/DE)

Round 5/Pick ?? (Carolina): Ted Larsen (C)

Round 6/Pick ?? (Buffalo): Myron Rolle (SS)

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Yeah, he strikes me as a guy who will a great coach one day, but whose playing career will be backup/special teams oriented. Not that I'm opposed to drafting him, but we can get him later, and we'd probably be better off getting a TE or OG in the 3rd.
    So how much further do we drop to pick up a safety? We already have three tight ends on the roster and just signed Lilja as our right guard and I assume Colin Brown will contribute somehow as he is still on the roster. If we don't get Berry in the 1st, and I assume we don't, we must get a safety by this spot (3rd rd) imho.
    So if not Rolle, Maybe get Chad Jones here...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So how much further do we drop to pick up a safety? We already have three tight ends on the roster and just signed Lilja as our right guard and I assume Colin Brown will contribute somehow as he is still on the roster. If we don't get Berry in the 1st, and I assume we don't, we must get a safety by this spot (3rd rd) imho.
    So if not Rolle, Maybe get Chad Jones here...
    Well, in my mock I had us taking Chad Jones in the 3rd (and Rolle in the 6th). Will he be as good as Berry? No. But he'd be a good enough starter for next season.

My point wan't that we shouldn't go safety in the 3rd. Just that we need to come away with a starter, not a project like Rolle.

My point wan't that we shouldn't go safety in the 3rd.
    we'd probably be better off getting a TE or OG in the 3rd.
    OK this is what had me confused. But I think we are on the same page. Safety is a dire need for this team. Even if Page returns to his former self - is that still good enough for what we want to do? And can he stay healthy? If so then FS should be ok for next season. IF thats the case this is another reason we don't take Berry as he is a FS. If no, we need to look at both safety spots in upcoming draft. We have so many holes on D that it won't be fixed in one draft. But 31st in run yard allowed has to be fixed.
    So to fix that we need a NT. Assuming we can't get Wilfork in red and gold, we go Williams with 1st pick - no matter if we trade down or not.
    As far as ILB, can D Williams and DJ play side by side under Crennel to help stuff the run? I hope so. And at OLB, can Studebaker step up to spell Vrabel? Don't know. That leaves the two safety spots where I can say for certainty that we need immediate help...
    I'm rambling but I will say this - our D needs help. And the Crennel hiring is a big step forward....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    OK this is what had me confused. But I think we are on the same page. Safety is a dire need for this team. Even if Page returns to his former self - is that still good enough for what we want to do? And can he stay healthy? If so then FS should be ok for next season. IF thats the case this is another reason we don't take Berry as he is a FS. If no, we need to look at both safety spots in upcoming draft. We have so many holes on D that it won't be fixed in one draft. But 31st in run yard allowed has to be fixed.
    So to fix that we need a NT. Assuming we can't get Wilfork in red and gold, we go Williams with 1st pick - no matter if we trade down or not.
    As far as ILB, can D Williams and DJ play side by side under Crennel to help stuff the run? I hope so. And at OLB, can Studebaker step up to spell Vrabel? Don't know. That leaves the two safety spots where I can say for certainty that we need immediate help...
    I'm rambling but I will say this - our D needs help. And the Crennel hiring is a big step forward....
    Yeah, I wrote that badly. I meant that we needed a starter, and if we weren't getting one at S (Rolle is a great guy, but a project), we had get one at another position. I think we both agree that Chad Jones would be a phenomenal pick in the 3rd round.

Our D does need help. Tell the truth, I think we're only set at DE, CB, and FS. We could upgrade every other spot.

I agree about the NT spot. It's the most vital for us to fill. Shaun Smith isn't the guy. He's just our backup (at best). I'd be shocked if we don't address this position (either Williams, Thomas, or Cody) on Day 1.

For the SS spot, we need *someone* obviously, but I'm curious what we could get in FA after the next round of cuts. We should draft someone, but it just isn't our biggest priority. Although I'm not so sure I believe in Page either.

I don't think DJ is smart enough to be a great LB, although he has every physical tool in the world and a ton of heart. Demorrio Williams is average. Vrabel is old. Mays misses too many tackles. Studebaker isn't an every down guy. I'm

That doesn't even address the fact that we could badly use some depth at CB and FS.

And our offense/special teams needs help too. We have a lot of projects at TE, none of whom are real receiving threats. Our interior line is old and/or undersized. Our OTs are shaky. We don't have a legit burner at WR. Injuries are slowing Colquitt. We don't have a KR/PR.

I mean, we could draft any position in except for QB, RB, FB, LG, CB, and DE in the first four rounds, and they could conceivably start. My hope (and prediction) is that we go NT, OT, WR, S, TE with our first five picks, and a mixture of ILB and OLB for the rest. It'd be nice if we could trade down, get some more picks, and draft some more interior linemen as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123