Thread: Wagering at NFL Network

Default Wagering at NFL Network

Right off the bat, this is fiction and meant for your amusment only!!!

Warren Sapp walks on the set and sees Mike Mayock. He walks towards him

Sapp: Mayock, I bett you $1000 that I can make Mike Vick a starter this year.

Mayock: Your on, how do you plan to get this done?

Sapp: Easy, Ill just keep telling every team that he is the answer. He will come in and make their running game better just by his presence. That he has developed into a pass first, pocket QB. Some fool GM will believe it and POW, a second round pick and its done.

Mayock: Ok, I'll do you one better. I'll bet you another grand that I can get McCoy Drafted ahead of Suh, Thomas ahead of Berry and Tebow drafted in the second round.

Sapp: Ok, your on. So how do you plan to do that?

Mayock: Are you kidding, I AM THE PUPET MASTER. I just move them to the top of my top 5 and then tell everyone how great great they are. For Tebow I just tell everyone how good he looked at his pro day and if he is there in the bottom half of the second hes a steel. Like you said there will be one fool out there that believes it. I already have everyone believing that Joe Haden may run a 4.6 40, but he plays at 4.4 and is still the top CB in the draft and should be in the top 15.

lmao..sooo true and funny at same time..

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    Right off the bat, this is fiction and meant for your amusment only!!!

Warren Sapp walks on the set and sees Mike Mayock. He walks towards him

Sapp: Mayock, I bett you $1000 that I can make Mike Vick a starter this year.

Mayock: Your on, how do you plan to get this done?

Sapp: Easy, Ill just keep telling every team that he is the answer. He will come in and make their running game better just by his presence. That he has developed into a pass first, pocket QB. Some fool GM will believe it and POW, a second round pick and its done.

Mayock: Ok, I'll do you one better. I'll bet you another grand that I can get McCoy Drafted ahead of Suh, Thomas ahead of Berry and Tebow drafted in the second round.

Sapp: Ok, your on. So how do you plan to do that?

Mayock: Are you kidding, I AM THE PUPET MASTER. I just move them to the top of my top 5 and then tell everyone how great great they are. For Tebow I just tell everyone how good he looked at his pro day and if he is there in the bottom half of the second hes a steel. Like you said there will be one fool out there that believes it. I already have everyone believing that Joe Haden may run a 4.6 40, but he plays at 4.4 and is still the top CB in the draft and should be in the top 15.

Mike Mayock can actually come out with some funny stuff sometimes too.

Funny AND true. I think people get to caught up in reaching for a player. 3-4 yrs later, peiople won't be talking about what number they were drafted, but rather what round.

Exactly why I think we should draft the besy NT in the draft in the first round. Some may say we are reaching, I say bologna. Some may Dan Williams shouldn't de drafted til later in the first round, I say, Says who? Mike Mayock, Adam Schefter, Adam Shein,etc.

Hogwash. If he is the best NT in the draft and our biggest need is NT, then draft him. He won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round. If you think LB is our biggest need,, then take McClain.

I think we all get too caught up in what these Mock draft guys think.

i would be happy with Dan Williams, bc NT is our most pressing need, and he is the best one. But if Berry is available, i would prefer him over Williams in short. I would also prefer D.Williams over Bulaga AND McClain...

im starting to wonder if it would be worth BOTH of our 2nd round picks to move up around 15 overall to get both Berry AND Williams - assuming he is available at 15 or so-...then fill the rest of the team out with the 3rd, and 4th round picks. (don't we have two 4th rounders this year?)
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 03-22-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Funny AND true. I think people get to caught up in reaching for a player. 3-4 yrs later, peiople won't be talking about what number they were drafted, but rather what round.

Exactly why I think we should draft the besy NT in the draft in the first round. Some may say we are reaching, I say bologna. Some may Dan Williams shouldn't de drafted til later in the first round, I say, Says who? Mike Mayock, Adam Schefter, Adam Shein,etc.

Hogwash. If he is the best NT in the draft and our biggest need is NT, then draft him. He won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round. If you think LB is our biggest need,, then take McClain.

I think we all get too caught up in what these Mock draft guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i would be happy with Dan Williams, bc NT is our most pressing need, and he is the best one. But if Berry is available, i would prefer him over Williams in short. I would also prefer D.Williams over Bulaga AND McClain...

im starting to wonder if it would be worth BOTH of our 2nd round picks to move up around 15 overall to get both Berry AND Williams - assuming he is available at 15 or so-...then fill the rest of the team out with the 3rd, and 4th round picks. (don't we have two 4th rounders this year?)
    No we only have one 4th rounder but we do have three 5th rounders.
    ONe thing everyone has to realize is that if we draft Dan Williams in the first round we have to wait 2-3 years until some production is comes out of him.

If we draft a wide reciever, safety, cornerback, or even a linebacker we will INSTANTLY BE BETTER AND THERE WILL BE INSTANT PRODUCTION THATS WHY WE GO BERRY OR MCCLAIN!!!