Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who Think we are taking Berry at #5

Default For those of you who Think we are taking Berry at #5

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    I don't think they will take Berry, I still say they end up with Okung or Bulaga, but I think they SHOULD take him.

As far as that "article" all he does is skew some injury stats to prove his point, and he fails to mention that Bob Sanders accounted for more than 1/2 of those missed games he referred to.

He then uses failed top 10 picks like Huff and Whitner to prove his point, but he fails to mention that neither of those guys were considered top 10 prospects before draft. Huff was at best top 15, and Whitner was projected as a late 1st early 2nd rounder. Sean Taylor was all world, but we all know what happened to him.

King needs to focus more on following Favre around, and stop with cherry picking to prove a point.
    That's what I'm talking about. Good stuff

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Doesnt Bulaga have short arms ? What is his huge upside that the media says hes a first rounder?
    Bulaga is a very pro-ready prospect, polished, smart, good football IQ, etc. He is the most "pro-ready" tackle in the draft bc of this. He will be able to come in and help immediately.

His weakness (and ultimately my argument why he should NOT be the Chiefs pick at no.5 overall) is his potential. Some have said he has already maxed out in terms of potential, and doesn't have the best athleticism to build a prototypical LT from.

I think that is Bulaga in a nutshell.... could be wrong, just from what i have read on him so far.

I don't think they will take Berry, I still say they end up with Okung or Bulaga, but I think they SHOULD take him.

As far as that "article" all he does is skew some injury stats to prove his point, and he fails to mention that Bob Sanders accounted for more than 1/2 of those missed games he referred to.

He then uses failed top 10 picks like Huff and Whitner to prove his point, but he fails to mention that neither of those guys were considered top 10 prospects before draft. Huff was at best top 15, and Whitner was projected as a late 1st early 2nd rounder. Sean Taylor was all world, but we all know what happened to him.

King needs to focus more on following Favre around, and stop with cherry picking to prove a point.
    I'd LOVE it if they got him but I'm kinda nervous that they won't. I mean they NEED a safety desperately and he's the perfect answer!!!

I don't see the Skewing of the numbers.

I checked into it, and they are accurate.

But, even if you form the same numbers and remove the best "cherry" (Bob Sanders) from the equation, the numbers are still not good.

Ed Reed, (10/128, 8%) and Troy Polamalu (19/112, 17%) account for a higher percentage of games missed due to injury (29/240, 12%) than the top three QBs, Tom Brady (15/135, 11%), Peyton Manning (0/192, 0%) and Drew Brees (0/128, 0%) who's total would be (15/455, 3%).

But, with Bob Sanders(49/96, 51%) which is how it should be, the total is even worse (78/336, 24%) for the top Safeties in The NFL.

I think the fact that you can remove the most severe case from the study and still come up with 12% of games missed due to injury says alot for the point being made in the article.

I've already debunked this article.

I think your "debunking" needs some practice. (Just teasin')

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Why are you sure it won't be Williams? It's the pick that makes the most sense (IMHO).
    I just don't see them going DL 3 years in a row. The OL needs to be addressed, and you can still find a decent NT in the 2nd, moreso than you can at LT.

That being said, if we were to take Williams, I'd rather trade down to one of those teams looking for Clausen (what we should have done last year when NY was looking to get Sanchez)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't see the Skewing of the numbers.

I checked into it, and they are accurate.

But, even if you form the same numbers and remove the best "cherry" (Bob Sanders) from the equation, the numbers are still not good.

Ed Reed, (10/128, 8%) and Troy Polamalu (19/112, 17%) account for a higher percentage of games missed due to injury (29/240, 12%) than the top three QBs, Tom Brady (15/135, 11%), Peyton Manning (0/192, 0%) and Drew Brees (0/128, 0%) who's total would be (15/455, 3%).

But, with Bob Sanders(49/96, 51%) which is how it should be, the total is even worse (78/336, 24%) for the top Safeties in The NFL.

I think the fact that you can remove the most severe case from the study and still come up with 12% of games missed due to injury says alot for the point being made in the article.

I think your "debunking" needs some practice. (Just teasin')

That's a flawed comparison. You can't compare the games played of safeties, to that of QBs, one of whom is 2nd all time is consecutive games played, and all have played much longer than those safeties, so its a much larger sample size.

That's like me taking the number of games played by the past 10 1st round OL and then comparing them to Favre, Manning, and Brady.

That's a flawed comparison. You can't compare the games played of safeties, to that of QBs, one of whom is 2nd all time is consecutive games played, and all have played much longer than those safeties, so its a much larger sample size.

That's like me taking the number of games played by the past 10 1st round OL and then comparing them to Favre, Manning, and Brady.
    So, it's unfair to list the top three performers of one position to another, to try and make a case for the liklihood of injury to one of those positions?

Really?

How about if I allow you to "cherry pick" the player that is most detrimental to your case from both sides? Surely, getting to take the two from each position that suit your argument the best out of the equation should really sell your case.

I'm curious. Let's have a look...

E. Reed + T. Polamalu (29/240, 12%)
    T. Brady + D. Brees (15/263, 6%)

Hmmm. Nope. Even taking the most damning example from both sides of this equation leaves Safeties at twice the percentage of games missed due to injury.

I'll be the first to admit that this only a comparison of Safety to one other position, and only the top three (or 2/3) players at each.

But the fact that top Safeties are spending that many more games on the sideline is definitely something that any GM should be taking into consideration when looking at using a high draft pick on that position.

Is it possible Pioli is playing mind games making it appear he has little chance of drafting Berry, for whatever reason?

I hope they draft Berry for Aussie's benefit the most. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think the injury rate to Brady, manning and Brees would be much different if you were allowed to hit them during a game. The same rules do not apply to safties and QBs. A fair comparison would be top 3 RBs vs Top 3 safties.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think the injury rate to Brady, manning and Brees would be much different if you were allowed to hit them during a game. The same rules do not apply to safties and QBs. A fair comparison would be top 3 RBs vs Top 3 safties.
    Name 'em?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast