Thread: My Thoughts on the 5th pick!

Default My Thoughts on the 5th pick!

St Louis- Rams cannot pass on a QB again.
    Detroit- Does anyone really believe the Lions are going to let Stafford get pounded again. They draft Okung.
    Tampa- McCoy fits the Bucs defensive scheme.
    Washington- The Redskins OL was horrible last year. Now they lost their LT to retirement. They pick a LT.
    Chiefs- Guess what that leaves Berry and Suh available. I think Berry will be a great player. But our safeties will always get beat deep until we fix the front seven.
    That leaves Suh. I can almost name the people who are going to call me an idiot, but here is my Take on SUh.
    He has the big butt and legs needed to anchor at the line of scrimmage. He is very strong and uses his hands better than any DL I can remember since Reggie White. He has excelled in college while competing against constant double teams. Nebraska played him at different positions along the line, even some NT. He has the body to put on 25 to 30 pounds of muscle.
    Call me crazy if you want, but if the draft falls the way I think it could. Suh will be in Red & Gold next year as he is the best NT in this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    St Louis- Rams cannot pass on a QB again.
    Detroit- Does anyone really believe the Lions are going to let Stafford get pounded again. They draft Okung.
    Tampa- McCoy fits the Bucs defensive scheme.
    Washington- The Redskins OL was horrible last year. Now they lost their LT to retirement. They pick a LT.
    Chiefs- Guess what that leaves Berry and Suh available. I think Berry will be a great player. But our safeties will always get beat deep until we fix the front seven.
    That leaves Suh. I can almost name the people who are going to call me an idiot, but here is my Take on SUh.
    He has the big butt and legs needed to anchor at the line of scrimmage. He is very strong and uses his hands better than any DL I can remember since Reggie White. He has excelled in college while competing against constant double teams. Nebraska played him at different positions along the line, even some NT. He has the body to put on 25 to 30 pounds of muscle.
    Call me crazy if you want, but if the draft falls the way I think it could. Suh will be in Red & Gold next year as he is the best NT in this years draft.
    If Washington really wants a LT, they trade out to someone who wants Suh. Otherwise they take Suh.

I realy realy don't see Suh being there but if he is I think he has got to be the pick. He will help pressure the QB and that will make the safetys and CB look better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If Washington really wants a LT, they trade out to someone who wants Suh. Otherwise they take Suh.
    Exactly.

At this point there's a strong possibility that Suh or McCoy could fall. (From what I hear living in Florida, the Bucs are higher on Suh than McCoy.)

But I could see a team trading up for either of those guys if they are still on the board, I know a good team like New Orleans would crap their pants if they could get Suh/McCoy for a 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

That being said, I don't want another DL in the 1st for at least 5 years.

I wish we could run a 4-3. If this scenario panned out we could have Dorsey and Suh at DT and we could have Hali and Jackson at DE (all 1st rounders). Our D-line would be great.

That would be a great d-Line for years man that is a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I wish we could run a 4-3. If this scenario panned out we could have Dorsey and Suh at DT and we could have Hali and Jackson at DE (all 1st rounders). Our D-line would be great.
    Eh, that line seems awful small. Suh is the biggest of the bunch at 6'4", 300 lbs. Dorsey is only 6'1", 295 lbs. Hali is 6'3", 275 lbs. Jackson is 6'4", 290 lbs. I we run a 4-3, I want a giant run stuffing DT to match up with my fast, penetrating DT in Dorsey or Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Eh, that line seems awful small. Suh is the biggest of the bunch at 6'4", 300 lbs. Dorsey is only 6'1", 295 lbs. Hali is 6'3", 275 lbs. Jackson is 6'4", 290 lbs. I we run a 4-3, I want a giant run stuffing DT to match up with my fast, penetrating DT in Dorsey or Suh.
    I agree.

KC's problem is that their last 2 1st rounders are :

Dorsey - 4-3 DT
    and Jackson - 3-4 DE

One of them is going to be out of position, and I'd rather have Dorsey playing Out of position and Hali at LB than running a 4-3 and have Hali, and Jackson playing out of position.

I wish we could just cut bait and deal Dorsey, but that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    I agree.

KC's problem is that their last 2 1st rounders are :

Dorsey - 4-3 DT
    and Jackson - 3-4 DE

One of them is going to be out of position, and I'd rather have Dorsey playing Out of position and Hali at LB than running a 4-3 and have Hali, and Jackson playing out of position.

I wish we could just cut bait and deal Dorsey, but that won't happen.
    Not that I see a switch to a 4-3 as possible, but you have Hali playing out of position at 4-3 DE. That's actually his position.