Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant

Default Dez Bryant

I have a gut feeling we are going to shock everyone and take Dez Bryant! As of right now our line is pretty good(Albert,waters,wiegman,lilja, o'callahan) remember how they got better as the year went on and now there is more talent on it. To me that means line later in the draft. We NEED another playmaker to compliment charles! I think we go Bryant first.... He will run a great 40 time next week and then you will hear the buzz on him before the draft again.( we also need a tight end) hopefulla dennis pita BYU falls to us! Just my thoughts(first post, Love my Chiefs!!!!!!!)

Welcome to the Crowd!
    We never know with Pioli, anything is possible. IMO it will be DL or LB.
    I like Pita also and Pioli has stated he wil be looking at a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by SDchief View Post
    I have a gut feeling we are going to shock everyone and take Dez Bryant! As of right now our line is pretty good(Albert,waters,wiegman,lilja, o'callahan) remember how they got better as the year went on and now there is more talent on it. To me that means line later in the draft. We NEED another playmaker to compliment charles! I think we go Bryant first.... He will run a great 40 time next week and then you will hear the buzz on him before the draft again.( we also need a tight end) hopefulla dennis pita BYU falls to us! Just my thoughts(first post, Love my Chiefs!!!!!!!)
    Nah, I don't see us picking Bryant. He's a WR with character issues. Pioli might trade a 4th rounder for him, but he won't spend a 1st rounder. Especially not when we have gaping holes on the DL and OL.

I think we'll wait til next year to get a stud WR...look at all the names that are projected 1st rounders for next year: Julio Jones (Alabama), AJ Green (Georgia), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), and Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt)...any of those would be just as good as Bryant IMO and probably less character questions ("right 53").

My real hope is that the Broncos can't trade Brandon Marshall this year then he becomes a free agent, he becomes a Chief to spite his old team, and it haunts the Broncos for the next decade. Hey I can dream right? : )

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Nah, I don't see us picking Bryant. He's a WR with character issues. Pioli might trade a 4th rounder for him, but he won't spend a 1st rounder. Especially not when we have gaping holes on the DL and OL.
    aha the moss trade lol worked well for them

We better not. That would be a waste of a draft pick. WR is the least of our concerns. Lets get the tandum running game going and we won't need to pass. Eat up the clock as well.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.
    How many of those dropped pass were because QB/WR time being off? How much of that is cause by the piss poor offensive line much of the year? How much of that is cause of poor coaching, or lack of?

We have issues to address that are in more need of than a WR, like Punt/Kick Returner. OL. A nose tackle, A saftey, another corner, and linebacker.

Run that dam ball. Pass to score, run to win.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Dude - you do understand there is a difference between incomplete passes and DROPPED passes, right?

Exactly ZERO of those dropped passes were because of poor offensive line play. ZERO caused by miscommunication.

100% were caused by wide receivers not catching the ball, despite it being catchable.

Game over.

By the way, you are aware that two of the biggest passing teams in the league were in the Super Bowl, right? You are aware that the Saints have one of the most formidable wide receiving corps in the league, right? As do the Colts?

I'll take Dez Bryant in the first round...don't see it as likely though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast