Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant

Default Dez Bryant

I have a gut feeling we are going to shock everyone and take Dez Bryant! As of right now our line is pretty good(Albert,waters,wiegman,lilja, o'callahan) remember how they got better as the year went on and now there is more talent on it. To me that means line later in the draft. We NEED another playmaker to compliment charles! I think we go Bryant first.... He will run a great 40 time next week and then you will hear the buzz on him before the draft again.( we also need a tight end) hopefulla dennis pita BYU falls to us! Just my thoughts(first post, Love my Chiefs!!!!!!!)

I am not confident the offensive line is fixed.

O'Callahan does not solidify the RT spot. In fact he was the most beat player for sacks on the team with only 8 games played.

Albert and Waters were both the most penalized players in their positions.

Wiegmann may have nothing left in the tank.

Lilja was an upgrade but he is average with injury concerns.

Word is Bryant is not going to be able to run befor the draft. I think that will move him down but not out of the first round. Wouldnt chance our fist pick on him and dont think he would be there in round 2. We have larger needs anyway. BTW welcome to chiefscrowd. Dont be afraid to let you passion hang out here, we all hang ours out. Again, nice to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post
    I think we'll wait til next year to get a stud WR...look at all the names that are projected 1st rounders for next year: Julio Jones (Alabama), AJ Green (Georgia), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), and Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt)...any of those would be just as good as Bryant IMO and probably less character questions ("right 53").

My real hope is that the Broncos can't trade Brandon Marshall this year then he becomes a free agent, he becomes a Chief to spite his old team, and it haunts the Broncos for the next decade. Hey I can dream right? : )
    You're questioning Bryants character issues and you want us to pick up Brandon Marshal? Right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.
    All of Bryants issues are not from the suspension. He drove his car into an apartment building, left the scene before police arrived and went home. It is also reported that here were other times when he was involved in undesirable acts.

Welcome Aboard but Bryant as our pick is pretty extreme to post for your 1st post. If WR were considered for a top 5 pick in this regime I think they would have grabbed Crabtree last year... WR's are important but I doubt they believe Bryant is a top 5 talent.

WR is still a need IMO but its a smaller need that can be picked up in the later rounds. I dont think that there is any way we take bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    All of Bryants issues are not from the suspension. He drove his car into an apartment building, left the scene before police arrived and went home. It is also reported that here were other times when he was involved in undesirable acts.
    That was Sergio Kindle. Jeez, people.

the only thing about Dez Bryant are "reports" (unsubstantiated or attributed) that he was late to team meetings.

Dez Bryant had dinner at deion sanders' house, and lied about it. Going to his house wasn't against the rules, and he's known deion since before he ever signed with OSU, but since he lied about it, the NCAA got pissed that he lied and suspended him for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post
    I think we'll wait til next year to get a stud WR...look at all the names that are projected 1st rounders for next year: Julio Jones (Alabama), AJ Green (Georgia), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), and Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt)...any of those would be just as good as Bryant IMO and probably less character questions ("right 53").

My real hope is that the Broncos can't trade Brandon Marshall this year then he becomes a free agent, he becomes a Chief to spite his old team, and it haunts the Broncos for the next decade. Hey I can dream right? : )
    I listened to a Golden Tate interview a few weeks ago and he said that Michael Floyd(ND) would be the first WR taken if he was in the draft this year. He jocked him big time and really had nothing to gain from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not confident the offensive line is fixed.

O'Callahan does not solidify the RT spot. In fact he was the most beat player for sacks on the team with only 8 games played.
    I agree. Besides the fact that this team needs some OL depth. I don't expect them to use a 1st rder on OL, but I'll be disappointed if at least one of the 2nds isn't.
    Here's my guess at the o-line situation.
    Chiefs draft a OT in the 2:nd round hoping he can play RT in 2010. If he plays well, they may try to move him to LT next season and move Albert inside and cut bait on Waters. If he doesn't play well, then he will stay at RT and they will draft their "franchise" LT next year.
    They still don't know what they have with Albert. Too many changes and he's young. Haley continues to refer to Alberts ability to play inside during interviews. My guess is that the long term goal is to move Branden to RG. In the mean time, draft a RT with upside and see what happens.
    This team has major defensive needs immediately and this solves a lot of those problems by allowing them to draft the best defensive player on THEIR board, not necessarily the best defensive player on the board(Berry, Suh, McCoy)..

Just a hunch, but I think its the right approach.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast