Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Printers

Default Casey Printers

Why the heck was he released? The guy was electric during preseason and has a great record from the CFL.

I am starting to lose faith in QB choices by Carl Peterson.

and we just signed him last year:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/01...asey_printers/
    Jan 13, 2006, 1:13:24 PM

Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Friday that the club had agreed to terms of a three-year contract with Canadian Football League QB Casey Printers. As per club policy, no further terms of the agreements were announced
    “I’m very pleased to have Casey join the Chiefs,” Peterson commented. “He’s a very talented, experienced quarterback from the CFL who was the MVP of that league in 2004. We worked Casey out a couple of weeks ago in Kansas City. He visited a number of other NFL teams, but decided that this was his best opportunity. Our pro player personnel staff did an outstanding job of evaluating and helping us sign Casey. I sat down with Herm and looked at the workout tape and he, too, was pleased with what he saw. I think the obvious is we are in need of a younger backup quarterback in the Chiefs organization.” .

Printers (6-2, 216) spent the previous three seasons in the CFL playing for the British Columbia Lions, appearing in 45 games. He completed 457 of 712 passes for 6,763 yards with 45 touchdowns and 16 interceptions to go with 122 rushes for 849 yards (7.0 avg.) and 10 TDs. The DeSoto, Texas native was the named the CFL Most Outstanding Player in 2004 when he connected on 325 of 494 passes for 5,088 yards with a league-high 35 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He added 82 carries for 469 yards (5.7 avg.) with nine touchdowns.

The Florida A&M product completed 123 of 218 passes for 1,517 yards with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions as a senior. Printers spent his first collegiate three seasons at TCU and ranks third on the Horned Frogs career passing yards list with 4,621 yards to go with 37 TDs. He was named the Freshman of the Year by The Dallas Morning News after earning MVP honors in the Mobile Bowl game and completing 86 of 150 passes for 1,213 yards with eight touchdowns.

My only guess is that if you are a 3rd stringer behind the two sub-par QB's the Chiefs have, then you probably aren't all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    Why the heck was he released? The guy was electric during preseason and has a great record from the CFL.

I am starting to lose faith in QB choices by Carl Peterson.
    I agree. I am from Canada and this guy was an MVP when he played. He could compete for playing time this year.

I didn't see anything spectacular from printers. I did from Terrell however!

I thought Printers showed some flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I thought Printers showed some flashes.
    Printers was flashing....maybe he got released under the leagues personal conduct policy!?!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Printers was flashing....maybe he got released under the leagues personal conduct policy!?!
    That one that says if you make the Favorites for the QB position look bad then you will have to be cut.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

This is the second time that Caey has been cut by the Chiefs....another ploy? Just had to make room.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I didn't see anything spectacular from printers. I did from Terrell however!
    Did you watch him play? He may not have scored any TD's, but the man was hitting his receivers as well as running the ball. I thought he looked great. Did you go to Princeton or something? I thought Terrell looked good, but not spectacular.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast