Thread: Chiefs signings sending a message to the team

What I find interesting about this is actually how I reacted - I was annoyed. I am really surprised at how i felt that some players are entitled. Why on earth would I feel that way? Because they are vets? Have put in the time?

This is a cutthroat league, and no one gets to rest on their laurels. Most careers only last 7 years or less, if you're lucky. they can't work their butts off for 7 years?

Sorry Waters, you don't deserve any special treatment. No one does. i am starting to understand that whole "22 guys off the street thing." I think Haley's frustration must have come from the idea that, after a two-win season, ANY player would feel safe or entitled.

I love the idea that any position, regardless of who plays it, is open for upgrade. the team is the players. If you want to get better, you have to improve every position, all the time. If the incumbent improves himself, great. If not, you have to improve by changing personnel.

I think there is another message being sent here as well. Maybe i am reading too much into it, but it seems clear to me that Sean Berry will not be drafted by the Chiefs unless they can figure out a way to keep the costs down.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I completly agree. I do understand that some of the older players may not run through the plays as much or not have as much contact in training camp to help save their bodies. But that doesnt cut them any slack on being there, being in game shape and watching film.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think there is another message being sent here as well. Maybe i am reading too much into it, but it seems clear to me that Sean Berry will not be drafted by the Chiefs unless they can figure out a way to keep the costs down.
    Ok Vern, who the heck is SEAN BERRY?
    You mean Eric of course.