Thread: cornerback and safety solution

Default cornerback and safety solution

Some people are complaining and saying that #5 is too high for a safety, but what if that safety can play CB too.
    In my opinion if we can trade back with Buffalo and then pick Earl Thomas that would be great. Earl Thomas is going to be a INT machine that can make the tackle anywhere on the field. He can also play CB, which is the great thing about him too, and he would be just as good of a player.

Eric Berry can play either safety position and he can play CB as well. Both player are extermely versatile.

I know it doesn't really matter what we think because the front office makes all the decisions in the end, but i want the chiefs fans to think about this when saying that #5 is too high for a safety.

Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are going to be the two safeties of this Decade. THey are both Interception machines and are PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.
    Some people say we should draft a NT with our first pick, but i think that is a bad idea considering that we would probably have to wait a couple of years until we get anything out of him.
    A NOSE TACKLE IS NOT A PLAYMAKER.
    AND ON MOST PLAYS THEY ARE USELESS.
    I know im going to get a lot of heat for this but i honestly think that nose tackle is not the most important position. I would much rather have shaun smith starting at Nose Tackle and then having Earl Thomas or Eric Berry playing in the back field.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are going to be the two safeties of this Decade. THey are both Interception machines and are PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.PLAYMAKERS.
    Some people say we should draft a NT with our first pick, but i think that is a bad idea considering that we would probably have to wait a couple of years until we get anything out of him.
    A NOSE TACKLE IS NOT A PLAYMAKER.
    AND ON MOST PLAYS THEY ARE USELESS.
    I know im going to get a lot of heat for this but i honestly think that nose tackle is not the most important position. I would much rather have shaun smith starting at Nose Tackle and then having Earl Thomas or Eric Berry playing in the back field.
    Yes, we saw this in the other Eric Berry thread. Good job.