133.Larry Asante-S
    134.(Cleveland)LaGarrett Blount-RB
    139.(Miami)Eric Olsen-OG
    145.(Carolina)Jevan Snead-QB

RD 6
    traded to miami

RD 7
    traded to miami

1. Bryan Bulaga-OT Iowa (Previous Pick:Rolando McClain)
    I soured on McClain once I found out that he suffers from a disease called Crohn's. I have a similar condition called Ulcerative Colitus. Some cases are worse than others and sometimes it goes dormant for years. However, it's a chronic disease and when it flares up, you lack tons of energy and suffer from symptoms caused by the disease that make an athlete perform at less than their full capacity. For this reason alone, he's just not worth the risk at #5 to me. Perhaps a front office with no experience of the disease would take him high, but my experiences with the disease makes me think he isn't worth #5 overall. I would pick him later in the 1st or 2nd though.
    Scott Pioli seems smitten with Bulaga. Hopefully the cards fall right and we get to trade down to grab him instead of reaching like we did last year.

2a. Terrence Cody-NT Alabama (Previous pick: Same)
    If he scoots by the Cowboys in the first, we should be able to grab him at either 36 or 38. The DL SHOULD be completed for the foreseeable future with Hali, TJ, Dorsey, and Cody.

2b. Brandon Graham-OLB Michigan (Previous pick: Same)
    A lot of draft "experts" think that with his senior bowl and combine performances, that he will jump into the first round. I've seen him as high as #12. lol I'm no expert, but he was initially projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick. A high-mid 2nd round selection seems about right. The Chiefs need help at LB.

2c. Mardy Gilyard-WR Cincinatti (Previous pick: N/A)
    The Chiefs need a KR and a fast slot receiver. This guy is cut from the Steve Smith mold. Plus, with an extra 2nd round pick from the Buffalo trade, the Chiefs can afford to splurge a little on a play maker like this.

3. Brandon Spikes-ILB Florida (Previous pick: Jordan Shipley)
    This is the ying to Graham's yang. Spikes was initially projected as a mid-to-late first round pick. But, because of his workout performance, some "experts" have him falling to the late 3rd. I've even seen him in the 5th round. I can see him slipping. But if he's there for the Chiefs in the 3rd, they'd better snag him. Spikes would be a nice consolation if we don't draft McClain. Spikes, DJ, Graham, and Hali with Vrabel as their mentor would be REALLY nice...

5a. Larry Asante-S Nebraska (Previous pick: LaGarrett Blount)
    Well, in my scenario, we trade our 4th rounder to grab Buffalo's 2nd. So, that means we'll probably miss out on Myron Rolle. However, if he falls to us at 5a (which I doubt) Rolle would be my pick. But since he'll probably be gone, Asante is a nice consolation in the 5th round.

5b. LaGarrett Blount-RB Oregon (Previous pick: Jevan Snead)
    The Chiefs signed Thomas Jones, but he's aging and won't be a long-term solution. This is a fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder. Another player the Chiefs had interest in at the Senior Bowl.

5c. Eric Olsen-OG Notre Dame (Previous pick: Same)
    Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. It's never too early to find a replacement for Waters. Even with the additions of Wiegman and Lilja and even the anticipated return of Colin Brown, you better believe Weis is in there pushing for the Chiefs to grab this guy.

5d. Jevan Snead-QB Ole Miss (N/A)
    After a poor Junior season, Snead STILL declared for the draft. I think it was a poor decision for him, but a great decision for the Chiefs' chances at landing him. He went into 2009 as a contender to be the first QB taken in 2010. He played in a pro system in college and could be a GREAT sleeper pick for the Chiefs. Since the Chiefs already have a "franchise QB" there is no need to rush him to be a starter. I think you could groom this guy like an Aaron Rogers or a Kevin Kolb or even a Matt Shaub. This pick would be a MAJOR coup for the Chiefs if they could land him in the 5th round. We already know Pioli is looking at QBs. We also know he prides himself on finding late round QBs. Taking Snead in the 5th isn't out of the question if he's still available.

Decent mock, but two questions:

1. Won't the Redskins will pick Bradford over Clausen if Bradford is there?

2. Why would Cleveland trade up for McCoy? The Skins obviously won't take him at 37 if they get Clausen/Bradford.

1.As good as i think Colt McCoy is he wont be drafted before the third round.

2.No way Rams pass up on a QB.

3.Safety is our biggest need and you wait till the fifth round to draft one.

4. What do you guys think about drafting a FB in the fifth round, i think we need one.

I gotta say, I would love if our draft went like this. Very nicely put together. Thanks for sharing!

That would be ideal, but I don't see it happening. I think if Buffalo sits where the clausen will fall to them. Cleveland needs help other areas, Seattle needs a LT more than anything and the Skins are probably going to stick with Campbell.

Plus I don't see Cody making it out of the 1st. San Diego will take him especially since they just cut their starting NT Williams.

ve to agree bout the safety spot i want either berry or rolle

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    ve to agree bout the safety spot i want either berry or rolle
    I would love to get Rolle in a later round. I think its insane the fact that he wants to go to medical school is being used as a negative against him.

He's a special kid, and super smart. Plus a couple of years ago he was the #1 recruit in the entire country, that has to count for something.

Pretty good mock. IMO Graham will be gone in the 1st round. And you didn't have a WR/KR in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Decent mock, but two questions:

1. Won't the Redskins will pick Bradford over Clausen if Bradford is there?

Who reminds you more of Jay Cutler? That's the model when you think about what Shannahan will draft.

2. Why would Cleveland trade up for McCoy? The Skins obviously won't take him at 37 if they get Clausen/Bradford.
    Good point. I saw today that Cleveland might look to trade up to grab McCoy in the early 2nd, but you're right, it probably won't be to jump Washington. If they trade with us, it'll be because they think we'll grab him.
    Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    1.As good as i think Colt McCoy is he wont be drafted before the third round.

He'll be gone in the 2nd... maybe even first.

2.No way Rams pass up on a QB.

There are still some QBs to be had in FA and in the trade market. I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab one of those guys and take Suh.

3.Safety is our biggest need and you wait till the fifth round to draft one.

Safety is NOT our biggest need. It IS a need, no doubt, but not our biggest. A better pass rush will make the secondary better and upgrading our LB corp would make a bigger impact THIS YEAR than a top pick safety. Plus, with Page back there, all we really need is a SS.

4. What do you guys think about drafting a FB in the fifth round, i think we need one.

Cox is fully capable of doing anything required of a fullback.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    That would be ideal, but I don't see it happening. I think if Buffalo sits where the clausen will fall to them. Cleveland needs help other areas, Seattle needs a LT more than anything and the Skins are probably going to stick with Campbell.

The Redskins are not sticking with Campbell.

Plus I don't see Cody making it out of the 1st. San Diego will take him especially since they just cut their starting NT Williams.

Yeah, there are some teams who might jump on him late in the 1st. There are a couple other NTs to be had at 2a though. So whether it's Cody or someone else, the pick will probably be a NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Pretty good mock. IMO Graham will be gone in the 1st round. And you didn't have a WR/KR in there.
    I don't think NFL GM's will fly off the handle and jump Graham into the first round like most draftniks did... unless his name is Al Davis... and even then, I can't see Davis taking Graham at #7. His 40 wasn't THAT fast. lol

As far as WR/KR... I thought 2c was a pretty good fit.
    Last edited by texaschief; 03-23-2010 at 05:21 PM.

My bad on Gilyard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast