4 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little help please!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 35

Default A little help please!!

0 Not allowed!
    So I have quit drinking for a while. After my last trip to KC I felt I needed to detox for a while. I have not set an exact date for when I am going to allow myself to drink again and I am hoping that I can get some help from my fellow Crowders to make the final decision. Feel free to add comments such as "Have a beer now" or "Why wait?" or "Have a beer on March 24th" Those comments will be taken seriously as well!!
    Last edited by Canada; 03-23-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!
    I voted for the first regular season game. It might make ya sick the first time after several months not drinking, depending on how much ya drink that first time.

You'll be adjusted at the 49'ers game, assuming it won't be the first game of the season. If it is, then change my vote to the first pre-season game, haha.

Honestly though, I think rather than have a definite date set, you should make the choice based upon your best judgement of heart for when you feel you're ready, or not. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I say Chiefs vs. 49ers. Right now I owe you two beers and I would like to buy you those first two! (Or give you the money and you buy them yourself since I'm still not of age to legally buy)

Resident Celebrity

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Im ready now, although I have used your logic of being prepared, but i dont want to drink myself stupid and miss the first game of the year, and I am going to drink A LOT when I start up again!! I miss cold beer
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    I said first preseason game...I equate it to your drinking preseason that will get you better prepared to drink during football season. We can't have you not in game shape at the Chiefs vs. 49ers game.

As a side note, I wanted to vote for all of them, being that you always have to have a first beer on each of those unique days.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im ready now, although I have used your logic of being prepared, but i dont want to drink myself stupid and miss the first game of the year, and I am going to drink A LOT when I start up again!! I miss cold beer
    Alrighty then! hahaha

I've only drank so much it made me sick maybe 3 times in younger day...at least that's all I remember, haha. I guess those 3 times were bad enough they cured me from overdoing it, haha. I don't like being sick, not worth it. It's easier to get sick from less the older you get too I think, haha.

That's not to say I don't get a buzz going, but I can tell when I need to switch to pop to prevent becoming sick later, or the next day.

If I have to drive, I won't allow myself more than 3-4 beers spread out over the average of one per hour, with food! Seems that's the case more often than not. I'm usually the designated driver too, if in a group together.

I'm staying at the hotel for the 49'er's gathering, so no worries!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    No offense either, but I want a Canadian beer first, not that American ....stuff.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    No offense either, but I want a Canadian beer first, not that American ....stuff.
    LOL

I've never had Canadian Beer. I hope to come close to having one on the cruise though...'IF' Kid Rock does as he say's he's gonna do, and have the ship stocked with his BadA$$ Label beer. It's brewed in Michigan...close to Canada, lol.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    LOL

I've never had Canadian Beer. I hope to come close to having one on the cruise though...'IF' Kid Rock does as he say's he's gonna do, and have the ship stocked with his BadA$$ Label beer. It's brewed in Michigan...close to Canada, lol.
    We will bring a fair bit down with us when we come. We had to drink 11 beers in the airport at 6am because our bags were overweight!! the lady working for the airport laughed, when she told us our bags were overweight we pulled the beers out and started chugging!! Her last comment was "I want to go on vacation with you guys!"

Turned out she was a Chiefs fan too!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    I love me some Molson Canadian. Labatt Blue is a close 2nd.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast