Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

Default OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

So many of you seem to want to draft Berry. Which is OK, but you also seem to think it will happen. It won't.

Pioli's a guy who wouldn't draft a LB (Curry) last season because he didn't think LBs should be taken top-5. He isn't going to draft a safety top-5, top-10, or top-15, especially when we have big gaps on out OL and DL.

We're going Okung, Baluga, or Williams in the 1st round (barring a massive trade-down). There isn't a whole lot that can be guarenteed, but this can.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    Yah, Someone like Jerry Hughes in the second round and then also get Arthur Jones in the second.
    Berry in the first! Kansas City Chiefs - Draft Eric Berry at #5!!! | Facebook
    Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 03-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Berry in the first round. A pass rusher in the 2nd round.
    To me it will all depend on whos there at 5 if theres a guy who would be a Upgrade on the d line I think that should be the way to go. If not then Berry should be. Thats just how i see it. Berry being added will help the d yes but a pass rusher would help more. I would like berry but only if we do address the D line later.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    So many of you seem to want to draft Berry. Which is OK, but you also seem to think it will happen. It won't.

Pioli's a guy who wouldn't draft a LB (Curry) last season because he didn't think LBs should be taken top-5. He isn't going to draft a safety top-5, top-10, or top-15, especially when we have big gaps on out OL and DL.

We're going Okung, Baluga, or Williams in the 1st round (barring a massive trade-down). There isn't a whole lot that
    can be guarenteed, but this can.
    im getting tire of comments like this. ok you cant scratch off any positions with our top five pick last time i checked ur not the head coach todd haley is ur not the gm scott pioli is. and there gonna blow smoke say we wont do this we wont do that. bulaga is getting to much hype due to some idiotic comments by some fans and sports writers why are peoplr high on random players? to stur up the pot cant say heres the top ten picks and expect that to last for three freakin months im tired of this they wont do this they wont do that the chiefs will do what they think will help this team out the most rather you like it or not and im ok with that and all chiefs fans should to were not the coach i dont care what piolis history was with the pats were not the pats hell do what has to be done to make us a better team rather its taking a ot og c wr te lb nt ss fs cb qb with our picks this isnt madden in real life there isnt a rating system you cant say well berrys a 95 rated safety baluga a 99 rated ot trust pioli and haley and weis and crennel i do! good day chief fans!

I can see Pioli going with an OT if KC doesn't trade for one or the like, but not a NT in the first. Why take Dan Williams in the first that high whenyou can most likely get Cody, Odrick, Joseph, Troup, etc in the 2nd or later?

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    im getting tire of comments like this. ok you cant scratch off any positions with our top five pick last time i checked ur not the head coach todd haley is ur not the gm scott pioli is. and there gonna blow smoke say we wont do this we wont do that. bulaga is getting to much hype due to some idiotic comments by some fans and sports writers why are peoplr high on random players? to stur up the pot cant say heres the top ten picks and expect that to last for three freakin months im tired of this they wont do this they wont do that the chiefs will do what they think will help this team out the most rather you like it or not and im ok with that and all chiefs fans should to were not the coach i dont care what piolis history was with the pats were not the pats hell do what has to be done to make us a better team rather its taking a ot og c wr te lb nt ss fs cb qb with our picks this isnt madden in real life there isnt a rating system you cant say well berrys a 95 rated safety baluga a 99 rated ot trust pioli and haley and weis and crennel i do! good day chief fans!
    It all boils down to money...you don't invest that much money in a safety.

but you do in a unproven o lineman, or another defensive lineman???

but you do in a unproven o lineman, or another defensive lineman???
    They're all unproven. The average salary for a safety is higher than only two other positions, the punter/kicker and tight ends. The average defensive end salary is nearly $700K more, and the average offensive lineman salary is about $400K more.

My point is, when you have that much invested into a position that you typically don't pay that much, it really takes away from the quality of players you can afford for the higher paid (and arguably more important) positions. I just think it's outrageous (and I think Pioli agrees with me) to draft a rookie safety and make him the highest paid player at his position. Good offensive linemen and defensive linemen have the ability to make EVERYONE around them better, play in and play out. It's tough to say the same for a safety.

safetys not a important position??hmm interesting take, being a former safety myself let me make a argument, flowers is a vary vary good corner carr is solid as well but without the safetys having there back they got picked on, page will improve this team when hes healthy next year, that will help carr but who will we put behind flowers? the ravens d would be no where as dominant without reed thats why him retireing scares them the steelers d is no where near as scary without polomalu safetys are a vary important part of the team, my point as to worrying about paying a safety is youd rather pay another number one pick d lineman, that makes three number one pick d lineman two number one pick linebackers one being a former d end aka hali

safetys not a important position??hmm interesting take, being a former safety myself let me make a argument, flowers is a vary vary good corner carr is solid as well but without the safetys having there back they got picked on, page will improve this team when hes healthy next year, that will help carr but who will we put behind flowers? the ravens d would be no where as dominant without reed thats why him retireing scares them the steelers d is no where near as scary without polomalu safetys are a vary important part of the team, my point as to worrying about paying a safety is youd rather pay another number one pick d lineman, that makes three number one pick d lineman two number one pick linebackers one being a former d end aka hali
    I never said safety wasn't important, you're putting words in my mouth. I said that the offensive and defensive lines are more important. Without either, you can't do anything. I'm also a former safety, one who benefitted very much from my defensive line being stellar and not giving the quarterback any time to throw. The defensive line and linebackers can make a safety look good by forcing the QB to make quick decisions.

Like I said, I agree that Berry would make this team better, but getting a pass rush or a line that can block makes everyone better. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are good and talented players, but look at the guys in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I never said safety wasn't important, you're putting words in my mouth. I said that the offensive and defensive lines are more important. Without either, you can't do anything. I'm also a former safety, one who benefitted very much from my defensive line being stellar and not giving the quarterback any time to throw. The defensive line and linebackers can make a safety look good by forcing the QB to make quick decisions.

Like I said, I agree that Berry would make this team better, but getting a pass rush or a line that can block makes everyone better. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are good and talented players, but look at the guys in front of them.
    could not agree more. PASS RUSH and a good running D and the rest will look better right away.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast