Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

Default OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

So many of you seem to want to draft Berry. Which is OK, but you also seem to think it will happen. It won't.

Pioli's a guy who wouldn't draft a LB (Curry) last season because he didn't think LBs should be taken top-5. He isn't going to draft a safety top-5, top-10, or top-15, especially when we have big gaps on out OL and DL.

We're going Okung, Baluga, or Williams in the 1st round (barring a massive trade-down). There isn't a whole lot that can be guarenteed, but this can.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Another one who has over dosed on the Berry Juice!!!!
    No safety is going to look good until we fix the front seven!!!!
    Yea that's it let's keep dumping money on the D line. How has that worked out so far?
    Last edited by kcallin; 03-25-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I can assure you that you are not the only one that wants the Chiefs to get Berry. Also.. are you insinuating that sports writers are not real?
    No sorry that's not how I meant it, It's just that some people follow there every word like it was some kind of sports bible scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by kcallin View Post
    ok let me make this real clear...F@#k getting a NT,OT at 5,or what the hell else S# that comes out of some "sport writers" mouth, we need a GOD@#$% safety, who does not understand the concept of the safety and the impact he would have????? Sometimes I feel like about the only one who is wanting the CHIEFS to get Berry.
    I don't...6th worst in sacks given up, 2nd worst in sacks from the defensive side of the ball. Not the #1 priority. Calm down dude.

No sorry that's not how I meant it, It's just that some people follow there every word like it was some kind of sports bible scripture.
    I'm not following anything, you're the one getting hyped about the sports writers calling Berry "the most talented athlete in this year's draft." If you would take a look at the big picture, we'd be better off fixing the O and D lines and then taking a serviceable safety in the middle rounds. A great line can make a good safety look great.

No I get hyped because we need a good safety and some fans like yourself almost think we don't need a saftey,but rather it's all about the line, I just don't agree with that.

No I get hyped because we need a good safety and some fans like yourself almost think we don't need a saftey,but rather it's all about the line, I just don't agree with that.
    Ok, agree to disagree...I've presented nothing but facts and analysis as to why safety is not our priority, and you just insist it is.

"Since (Bernard) Pollard entered the starting lineup in Week 4, the Texans allowed only 84.3 yards per game on the ground and 3.6 yards per carry after allowing 205 yards per game over the first three." footballsfuture.com

I think safety has a huge impact, and the numbers prove it.

"Since (Bernard) Pollard entered the starting lineup in Week 4, the Texans allowed only 84.3 yards per game on the ground and 3.6 yards per carry after allowing 205 yards per game over the first three." footballsfuture.com

Brian Cushing? Demorrio Williams? Did the Chiefs show the same improvement when Pollard was here? Did we get worse?

Do keep in mind that the Texans also played 3 of the best rushing teams in the league before Pollard. NYJ, Titans, and Jaguars. After that they didn't play a team that had a good running game until they played the Titans again in week 11 which in that game Chris Johnson rushed for 151 yards which is almost double that 84.3. So other than those 3 teams.. they didn't have much of anybody to stop in the running game.

Resident Celebrity

Brian Cushing..He was part of the team giving up 200+ yards the first 3 games, in comes Pollard and the number is cut by more than half.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast