Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Studebaker could surprise in 2010.

I am not sure if he would be good as a starter.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I am not sure if he would be good as a starter.
    I think he needs another year with Vrabel, but he could be very good in our system. Pendegrast didn't use him as a pass rusher too often. I couldn't understand why. He did show some potential in that area in preseason.

i think Jereme (sp?) Urban, the new receiver we signed could really surprise some people if anyone.

I hope Studebaker does well, i can see him filling in admirably for the last half of the season once Vrabel gets injured again...

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I think he needs another year with Vrabel, but he could be very good in our system. Pendegrast didn't use him as a pass rusher too often. I couldn't understand why. He did show some potential in that area in preseason.
    I always thought it was strange how little the LOLB was called upon to rush the passer in general last season. The whole beauty of the 3-4 is that the pass rush is unpredictable. Leave it to Clancy Pendergast to make it predictable: Hali rushes, Vrabel/Studebaker drop back.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Leave it to Clancy Pendergast to make it predictable: Hali rushes, Vrabel/Studebaker drop back.

Almost made me spill my drink all over my self. :)

I don't think Vrabel has the speed or power to rush effectively anymore, which is why i hope they dial his snaps down a little this year and let Studebaker (or Derrick Morgan???) play more.
    Don't get me wrong I have a huge amount of respect for Vrabel, and im glad he is a chief, but I thought he looked slow, especially at the end of the season, last year.

He is still a good football player though, but it is more because of his experience and good technique..

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post

Almost made me spill my drink all over my self. :)

I don't think Vrabel has the speed or power to rush effectively anymore, which is why i hope they dial his snaps down a little this year and let Studebaker (or Derrick Morgan???) play more.
    Don't get me wrong I have a huge amount of respect for Vrabel, and im glad he is a chief, but I thought he looked slow, especially at the end of the season, last year.

He is still a good football player though, but it is more because of his experience and good technique..

What do you guys think?

I definitely agree. Vrabel looked extremely slow with little explosiveness. A pass-rusher, be it a situational guy or full-time eventual replacement for Vrabel, is very high on my list of draft priorities.

Just read that scouting report on Studebaker.. Lots of praise!
    Im looking forward to see him play this season.

he could turn out to be a very good player to have on this team. I look forward to seeing him play as he gets more and more time on the field. We might have something in him.

Funny, I was thinking this same thing today. It was really good that Mike Vrabel came back bcause his leadership had a good impact on Andy. We saw flashes of that last year for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast