Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Studebaker could surprise in 2010.

When Studebaker started against SD last year I made a post about how mad I was that Pendegrast hadn't attacked the rookie RT the chargers started that game. Not once did we try rushing the QB from that side.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    When Studebaker started against SD last year I made a post about how mad I was that Pendegrast hadn't attacked the rookie RT the chargers started that game. Not once did we try rushing the QB from that side.
    He's too busy shooting the gaps with Mike Brown, leaving Vincent Jackson 40 yards downfield 1 on 1 with Brandon Flowers. Luckily, Flowers is the man and can somehow cover a guy 8 inches taller than him.
    Last edited by yashi; 03-25-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I think he needs another year with Vrabel, but he could be very good in our system. Pendegrast didn't use him as a pass rusher too often. I couldn't understand why. He did show some potential in that area in preseason.
    If Studebaker is getting his mentoring from Vrabel, that's great, he's not going to find a better teacher. Especially working within the Pioli/Crennel system. From what i saw of studebaker last year, he's definatly got the drive to be a good player in our scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

I definitely agree. Vrabel looked extremely slow with little explosiveness. A pass-rusher, be it a situational guy or full-time eventual replacement for Vrabel, is very high on my list of draft priorities.
    This is exactly why i think we need to move Vrabel to the ILB position. He won't need as much speed to pass rush, and he's still got enough reaction time to stuff the run. Plus, the MIKE/ILB position act's somewhat as a Defensive on-field captain and i definatly think he could fill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by mfainter View Post
    This is exactly why i think we need to move Vrabel to the ILB position. He won't need as much speed to pass rush, and he's still got enough reaction time to stuff the run. Plus, the MIKE/ILB position act's somewhat as a Defensive on-field captain and i definatly think he could fill that role.
    True that. Vrabel is still a stud against the run. That can't be said about many people on the team.

I didnt read through this thread, but when STUDebaker winds up being the STUD that he is, just remember I was the first one to say STUDebaker!!

::PP

I want a Studebaker jersey ! Hope they make them available without me having to custom order one.

It shouldn't be any more than a regular one if you order off nfl shop. In fact, when you do a custom jersey, you have the option to get ANY player on the chiefs roster. I got a Charles - Dallas Texans jersey on it's way. Pretty happy too, got it for 65.99 on NFL shop.

eww the dallas texans jersey : /

Why not the traditional lol. I could go for a colquitt no.2 in away white next (now that im in Denver i need to get me an away jersey for mile high). i already got me a 72 dorsey in home red.... got a bunch of comments on it too when i first got it (like a week after he was drafted)

GO CHIEFS. Love our jerseys. very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by mfainter View Post

I'd love to hear others thoughts on this as well. I think Vrabel could be a great short term solution at ILB. I have to imagine that if the Chiefs pass on McClain the first round and take a guy like Hughes out of TCU in the 2nd round that this will be the plan. I've seen several mocks that us taking Hughes.
    That would make our possible LB crew look like:
    Hughes(2nd rd)OLB
    Mike Vrabel/Williams/Mays-MLB
    DJ(1st rd)-MLB
    Hali(1st)-OLB

Add that to 2, possibly 3 first rounders on the DL and suddenly this team has a trememndous amount of talent in the front 7.

I'm liking this idea a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'd love to hear others thoughts on this as well. I think Vrabel could be a great short term solution at ILB. I have to imagine that if the Chiefs pass on McClain the first round and take a guy like Hughes out of TCU in the 2nd round that this will be the plan. I've seen several mocks that us taking Hughes.
    That would make our possible LB crew look like:
    Hughes(2nd rd)OLB
    Mike Vrabel/Williams/Mays-MLB
    DJ(1st rd)-MLB
    Hali(1st)-OLB

Add that to 2, possibly 3 first rounders on the DL and suddenly this team has a trememndous amount of talent in the front 7.

I'm liking this idea a lot.

We have four 1st round picks there now, while the front six of the offense have one (Playing a position experimentally), with scarcely another player that was drafted at all.

I have been hoping for a very long time that The Chiefs would stop leaving the core of the offense to late round picks and undrafted players.

But the signing of Lilja, who hasn't had to perform too highly in his job, gives me the impression that the trend will continue.

But I will continue to hope anyway.

I mean, hey, throwing an endless line of high draft picks at the defense hasn't helped. Might as well just keep with that system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast