Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of UGLY

Sweets Guest

Default Speaking of UGLY

Our game with the Cards last night had all the markings of a great game, that is until after the first 49er score, then it was bring on UGLY because the rest of the game was horrible and tedious to watch, but I'll take it because it's literally been years since we beat those damned Cards. Glad to see they are still trying to live off of their "great" WRs and neglecting their Oline...again...

I love my team but honestly, they played like crap and Jesus H. Christ, Alex can you at least throw the ball more then 30 yards, I think not!!!! Thank God for Shawntae Spencer who's INT pretty much gave us the win.

I was thrilled with the SF game. Highly entertaining.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I hear you and understand. We've been through a pretty ugly spell the last 4-5 years, and I for one am very encouraged, not just by the win, but by the signs of improvement.

1) Defense is aggressive, strong, and quick to the ball.
    2) Very few mental errors, including penalties and turnovers
    3) Offense moved the ball when they needed to at the end of the game
    4) Special teams looked awesome
    5) Probably most important, fundamentals on display from tackling (seems basic, but it isn't), to WRs blocking downfield, to guys getting out of bounds on the last few drives...(that actually cost us a game in STL a couple years ago)
    Bad thing (one of many) about working evenings is that you miss MNF. At least you guys were able to move on the ball. We couldn't manage to get our act together throughout the entire game. And our defens seemed to look better in preseason. AND we cut Phinisee!!
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Bad thing (one of many) about working evenings is that you miss MNF. At least you guys were able to move on the ball. We couldn't manage to get our act together throughout the entire game. And our defens seemed to look better in preseason. AND we cut Phinisee!!
    But we activated Sippio!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    But we activated Sippio!
    Why? Did Kennison go on IR? I haven't kept up with that.
    Everything happens for a reason.

not that I know of. I don't know who was moved to make room for sip though.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I'm not sure exactly how they made room for him.

Nite Crowd!

Sweets Guest

Just teasing.

If I was a 49er fan, though, and wanted to talk about how my team didn't play well even though they won, I wouldn't go to another team's BB whose team sucked AND lost to do so is all.

Just put me down under the JEALOUS column.
    That's true, guess I'm just wasting my time here talking to Chief fans whom I thought were pretty cool...

Chiefster, cancel my membership, I won't be back..thanx anyway but it's pretty obvious a fan from a different team has no business here ..

WOW!!!!! First cat fight!!!!!!!

Don't go Sweets!!! Knowledgeable fans are a blessing!! Besides, that's what that forum" other NFL teams" is for. Obviously some didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    That's true, guess I'm just wasting my time here talking to Chief fans whom I thought were pretty cool...

Chiefster, cancel my membership, I won't be back..thanx anyway but it's pretty obvious a fan from a different team has no business here ..
    Well it sounds as if you probably won't be back to read this, but I will not delete your membership just yet. I respect your decision not to return, but people change their minds. I have not disagreed with much of what you had to say, and did not find any of your posts in this forum to be inappropriate. I have responded to your PM and feel that I, personally, have done all I know to do to make you feel welcome here. If a few dissenting Chiefs fans here are enough to make you feel that unwelcome then perhaps you're right about this not being the place for you. I won't ever insist that you leave, but I will not beg you to stay either.

I have enjoyed your contributions to this point. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post

Sweets,

If you return to read this, please know, I didn't intend to disqualify your opinions or make you feel unwanted. I did disagree with your assessment of the MNF game, but that's what the message board is about. It wasn't personal, and certainly hope to see/hear from you again.

Heck I'm a fellow 49er Faithful, and I've found most of the KC Faithful to be respectul and courteous. As discussed the enemy of my enemy is my friend. We have too many common enemies to not get along. However, do realize that they were rightfully riled up the last few days after watching their team get worked over. You hit a soft spot for a couple of them when you started nailing our team as they were licking there proverbial wounds from last weekend.

If you're gone for good, best wishes. If you return, welcome back.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast