Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eric Berry fans, please read this thread

Default Eric Berry fans, please read this thread

If you want the Chiefs to take Eric Berry at #5, please read this story.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftsafeties.php

ad it whipty dooh u can find a reason why not to draft anyone in the draft at five

MF! I just made a long post, and this website messed it up
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I agree with everything said, except the article leaves out one crucial part:

there is likely to be NO player on the board at #5 who is deserving of a top five pick.

With Bradford, Okung, McCoy, and Suh likely gone, you are staring at Brian Bulaga as your pick? THAT guy is a top five draft selection? really?

I know safeties don't go top five, but neither should unspectacular players. If no one is deserving of that high a pick, then should the chiefs should select the best overall (undeserving) player, which is clearly Berry?

I don't know.

If no trade happens, and Okung is off the board, this could be crazy.

I agree that there probably is not a player left that is worth the money we'd have to pay,but still think Berry is the safest pick.

I would like to see clausen there for trading power,if we don't take Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    MF! I just made a long post, and this website messed it up
    Oh, how I have felt you pain before.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    this is stating the same thing that everyone else has for the last month and a half...hardly original
    I have not seen one person post actual facts supporting this argument the last couple months. They actually did homework to humble the wishful.

anyone but bulaga. please.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    anyone but bulaga. please.
    Why not?

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I have not seen one person post actual facts supporting this argument the last couple months. They actually did homework to humble the wishful.
    What you must remember about stats and facts, are that they can almost always be scewed to fit your desire. Lets start with the fact he only went back 19 years instead of 20. If he had went back 20 years he would have had to include 3 time probowler Mark Carrier. It was lucky for him that Troy Polamalu was drafted 16th in 2003 (the first safety picked), so he didnt have to include him. Ed Reed was the second picked safety at #24 behind Roy Williams, who he refers to as a bust. Roy williams was drafted in 2002 and went to the probowl in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. Im confused, if he was a bust, and gettting torched deep all the time why didnt Mike Brown make the Probowl last year? He also doesnt tell you that Bob Sanders was the second safety picked in 2004 behind Sean Taylor. Bob Sanders was not picked untile #12 in the second round, mostly due to the fact that he is only 5'8". So lets remember that facts can be twisted in many ways. If you dont think so, then you exsplain to me how Ford, GM, and Dodge all have the #1 reselling truck. LOL Im not saying Berry is the answer, no one player is. But he may be the best player on the board when it is time to pick. If the Chiefs dont take him at 5 he will not get out of the top 10. One last note, the Cowboys picked Roy Williams at # 8 through trade with Kansas City. LOL JUST SAYING

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    What you must remember about stats and facts, are that they can almost always be scewed to fit your desire. Lets start with the fact he only went back 19 years instead of 20. If he had went back 20 years he would have had to include 3 time probowler Mark Carrier. It was lucky for him that Troy Polamalu was drafted 16th in 2003 (the first safety picked), so he didnt have to include him. Ed Reed was the second picked safety at #24 behind Roy Williams, who he refers to as a bust. Roy williams was drafted in 2002 and went to the probowl in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. Im confused, if he was a bust, and gettting torched deep all the time why didnt Mike Brown make the Probowl last year? He also doesnt tell you that Bob Sanders was the second safety picked in 2004 behind Sean Taylor. Bob Sanders was not picked untile #12 in the second round, mostly due to the fact that he is only 5'8". So lets remember that facts can be twisted in many ways. If you dont think so, then you exsplain to me how Ford, GM, and Dodge all have the #1 reselling truck. LOL Im not saying Berry is the answer, no one player is. But he may be the best player on the board when it is time to pick. If the Chiefs dont take him at 5 he will not get out of the top 10. One last note, the Cowboys picked Roy Williams at # 8 through trade with Kansas City. LOL JUST SAYING
    Doesn't anyone see the common thread here? The safeties picked high who did well were drafted by teams with good, established front sevens. The safeties picked high who did poorly were drafted by teams with bad front sevens.

A great safety (like Sanders, Reed, and Polamalu) can put you over the top. But he can't turn you into a winner.

I am not changing my mind, this pick would give us a SOLID secondary. That is so important because we have already beefed up the O Line and still would have two second round picks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast