Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: McClain to vist.

Default McClain to vist.

Alabama LB Rolando McClain Visiting At Least Four Teams - Arrowhead Pride

I wouldn't mind getting him. I don't care for the idea of drafting a OL in which we can get one in the second round just as good. Mainly cause we have just as many holes to fill and fix in other places.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    McClain won't make it past 15th overall. Just won't.
    Remember last draft, when people thought ILBs like Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis would be definite top-15 picks? Yeah, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Remember last draft, when people thought ILBs like Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis would be definite top-15 picks? Yeah, me too.
    Definitely a good point, kudos. I just don't think he'll fall that far. Too many 3-4 teams in need of skills like his.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Definitely a good point, kudos. I just don't think he'll fall that far. Too many 3-4 teams in need of skills like his.
    I think it depends on Denver. If Denver takes McClain (and I think its 50/50 they do), then he goes at #11. However, if Denver picks someone else (Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, or maybe even Berry), then McClain starts freefalling. Dolphins picked up Dansby in FA, 49ers and Seahawks don't need a LB, the Giants and Titans are both going DE, Pittsburgh is going OL, Falcons don't need a ILB, Texans go RB or S, and the Bengals have Maualuga. The Packers at #23 would be the next logical spot for him. If they pass, I think he drops to the Cards at #27.

I think it depends on Denver. If Denver takes McClain (and I think its 50/50 they do), then he goes at #11. However, if Denver picks someone else (Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, or maybe even Berry), then McClain starts freefalling. Dolphins picked up Dansby in FA, 49ers and Seahawks don't need a LB, the Giants and Titans are both going DE, Pittsburgh is going OL, Falcons don't need a ILB, Texans go RB or S, and the Bengals have Maualuga. The Packers at #23 would be the next logical spot for him. If they pass, I think he drops to the Cards at #27.
    The Giants would love to have him, they have to replace Pierce.

If McClain is available for the Steelers I don't think they pass on him.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The Giants would love to have him, they have to replace Pierce.
    The Giants will almost certainly take a MLB in the first three rounds, but I'd bet my bottom dollar (not saying much) they go DE in the 1st. Osi is hurt too much and Kiwanuka is getting unreliable.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by partysan View Post
    Very true. Everybody is smarter and able to pick the right guy a full year later.
    Hi there!
    Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    That is defintely true, thats why I dont like the idea of reaching for DAn Williams because i know he's gonna take a couple years to get used to the level of play in the NFL.
    However, as we saw last year with Clay Mathews, Orakpo, and Brian Cushing Linebackers usually make an immediate impact and generally the transition is very easy for them.
    The difference between Dan Williams and Cam Thomas is not the same as the difference between McClain and Sean Lee.
    McClain will be an instant playmaker, run stopper, leader, and pro bowler.
    I'd add Maualuga to that list. IMO he was the main reason the Bengals turned around as they did.
    McClain won't make it past 15th overall. Just won't.
    Either pick would have worked and we could traded up for either with the right deal. I really wish we got one of the USC Trojans or Laurinatis last year. Maybe McClain is the direction we should head this off-season?
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345