Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russel Okung in town

Default Russel Okung in town

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Pioli was there in 2000 - but did he make the pick? Or did Belichick make the pick and Pioli did what he had to do to sign him? Throughout The Belichick/Pioli 20-year partnership, it was Belichick that always hired Pioli - weather it be Cleveland, NY, or NE. Don't get me wrong - it was a great marriage. But we all know who the head of household was. So when it comes to Pioli's draft history and record of success, that really began in 2009 imho. A lot of what he did in NE was signing the players that his boss decided on (and maybe Pioli's input on the prospects signability) during the draft or FA...
    That being said, I think Pioli works on the trenches with his 1st pick (Baluga or Dan Williams-Okung probably gone). And I think He'll get us to the superbowl within three years.
    Sure. I didn't say it was Pioli pulling the trigger. Only that people who say Pioli's history shows we aren't getting a LT are incorrect. Teams in which Pioli's had a part in the decision-making process have gone OT when they've needed to.

And if the Lions don't pick Okung, he drops to #5 (Bucks pick McCoy and Skins pick Clausen). And I think the lure of Suh might just be too great for a guy like Schwartz to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Is this sarcasm? Come back 2 years from now after Jacksons tuteladge under Crennel and tell me he's a POS...
    Hell, look at 2009. Jackson was a 3-4 DE without a real NT. He had a good first year for a 3-4 DE. What did people think he was going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Sure. I didn't say it was Pioli pulling the trigger. Only that people who say Pioli's history shows we aren't getting a LT are incorrect. Teams in which Pioli's had a part in the decision-making process have gone OT when they've needed to.

And if the Lions don't pick Okung, he drops to #5 (Bucks pick McCoy and Skins pick Clausen). And I think the lure of Suh might just be too great for a guy like Schwartz to pass up.
    If Okung is there at 5, theres no doubt in my mind who we take...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Hell, look at 2009. Jackson was a 3-4 DE without a real NT. He had a good first year for a 3-4 DE. What did people think he was going to do?
    Agreed. I think he'll have a great year...
    SHUT IT

There is absolutely no way the Washington Redskins pass on Okung... he is the no.1 player on their board i would have to think. Chris Samuels just retired, which leaves an already weak offensive line for WASH even worse...

Plus they have like 100 million dollars invested in Albert Haynesworth alone.... they aren't hurting for a DT, but any team can use one.

I really think Shanarat wants to build the offense first, and try to salvage as much value out of Jason Campbell as he can, being a QB guru and all. Protecting the QB and running the football are what WAS is going to try to be doing... Okung can help them improve in both areas, and he is also the best LT in the draft, thus being excellent value at no.4 overall

We have a LT. Albert will solidify his position this season. I see us taking an O-lineman with one of our 2nd round picks, but not #5 overall.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    We have a LT. Albert will solidify his position this season. I see us taking an O-lineman with one of our 2nd round picks, but not #5 overall.
    Vladimir Ducasse at 2a. He can play any position on that line, but he would solidify RT if O'Callaghan can't keep up the pace.

Resident Celebrity

Isn't Brian Waters the guy who has been telling us hat our o-line is in good condition for each of the past three seasons?

I think he is just sticking up for a friend here, as he always seems to stick up for the o-line, regardless of the talent void.

Albert has been pretty piss-poor at LOT to this point.

But, if it were up to me, I think I would have to see how he does at the position that he once dominated and impressed people at, as opposed to the position that he has been pretty lame at.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Vladimir Ducasse at 2a. He can play any position on that line, but he would solidify RT if O'Callaghan can't keep up the pace.
    From what I saw at the Senior Bowl, Duccase really struggled when they tried him at OT. I doubt that he would start at RT for a couple of years.

Albert had a great rookie season, then he had to learn a new playbook (2 weeks before week 1), a different blocking scheme, and play at a new weight all at the most difficult position on the line. He struggled, but pulled it together mid-season. Not just because Charles began to run a muck, but Albert really stepped up his play. And its not all his fault, look how long Cassel holds on to the ball. Matt Light, for example, gave up 7.5 sacks playing with Cassell in 2008. Albert is good, and will prove it this year.

Ducasse would be an excellent pick in round 2. I also like Saffold.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast