Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russel Okung in town

Default Russel Okung in town

Resident Celebrity

I would be thrilled to see this happen. We have been neglecting our o-line for years and, coincidentally, we have sucked a** for the same number of years.

I feel like we were extremely lucky to have made it through the season with Cassel's career in tact.

We have been trying to play NFL football while allowing our QBs to be beaten like Michael Vick's dogs.

We need to take some initiative in making the QBs job fesible. Get blockers, and give our QB the chance to find recievers.

Make any excuses you want, but Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now. However, I doubt he has lost the ability to be a top-notch OG.

Let's find out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would be thrilled to see this happen. We have been neglecting our o-line for years and, coincidentally, we have sucked a** for the same number of years.

I feel like we were extremely lucky to have made it through the season with Cassel's career in tact.

We have been trying to play NFL football while allowing our QBs to be beaten like Michael Vick's dogs.

We need to take some initiative in making the QBs job fesible. Get blockers, and give our QB the chance to find recievers.

Make any excuses you want, but Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now. However, I doubt he has lost the ability to be a top-notch OG.

Let's find out.
    If he is still there when its the Chiefs turn to pick hes got to be the pick IMO. Yes even over Berry. Its a biger need then safety and would help not only the offense but the defense as well. Seeing that we could see the offense hold on to the ball and not go 3 and out so much. I think hes got to be the pick if he is still there when its the chiefs time to pick.

I would be very happy. I feel the offensive line is the weakest link by far. The chiefs made some movements to help, but nothing to solidify this line for the future.

Drafting Okung and moving Albert to RT or even a guard is a foundation for a solid line. There is a reason good lineman go faster than safeties in the drafts.

Brian Waters: Moving Branden Albert Would Be "Ridiculous" - Arrowhead Pride

We will NOT draft Okung at #5. Piloi has never done it and we have a capable and talented LT already. Yes that's right, Albert.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Brian Waters: Moving Branden Albert Would Be "Ridiculous" - Arrowhead Pride

We will NOT draft Okung at #5. Piloi has never done it and we have a capable and talented LT already. Yes that's right, Albert.
    When, exactly, did Pioli run a draft where his team had the 5th overall pick and a franchise QB who couldn't stay on his feet?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    When, exactly, did Pioli run a draft where his team had the 5th overall pick and a franchise QB who couldn't stay on his feet?
    Seriously. 2000 was Pioli's first with the Pats. The Patriots' first pick in 2000 was RT Adrian Klemm. In 2001, knowing that the Pats needed a LT, they drafted Matt Light in the 2nd round. He's been their LT for a decade. Pioli is perfectly willing to spend high picks on OL when a team needs them. He and Belicheck drafted so well that the Pats didn't often need them.

We Dont Need A Lt, We Need A Rt. Maybe Someone Like Ducasse In The Second Round. I Like That Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Seriously. 2000 was Pioli's first with the Pats. The Patriots' first pick in 2000 was RT Adrian Klemm. In 2001, knowing that the Pats needed a LT, they drafted Matt Light in the 2nd round. He's been their LT for a decade. Pioli is perfectly willing to spend high picks on OL when a team needs them. He and Belicheck drafted so well that the Pats didn't often need them.
    Pioli was there in 2000 - but did he make the pick? Or did Belichick make the pick and Pioli did what he had to do to sign him? Throughout The Belichick/Pioli 20-year partnership, it was Belichick that always hired Pioli - weather it be Cleveland, NY, or NE. Don't get me wrong - it was a great marriage. But we all know who the head of household was. So when it comes to Pioli's draft history and record of success, that really began in 2009 imho. A lot of what he did in NE was signing the players that his boss decided on (and maybe Pioli's input on the prospects signability) during the draft or FA...
    That being said, I think Pioli works on the trenches with his 1st pick (Baluga or Dan Williams-Okung probably gone). And I think He'll get us to the superbowl within three years.
    SHUT IT

unless the guy can start day one and be successfull..no way take em at #5 just like POS jackson last year

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    unless the guy can start day one and be successfull..no way take em at #5 just like POS jackson last year
    Is this sarcasm? Come back 2 years from now after Jacksons tuteladge under Crennel and tell me he's a POS...
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast