Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you be mad?

Default Would you be mad?

Would you be mad if the chiefs draft Dan Williams with the fifth overall pick in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You could get a starting safety in the 3rd round of this draft.
    Yep. Which is why if the Chiefs don't get Berry in the first we can get one in a later round and still be fine.

Resident Celebrity

I would rather get an McClain, Okung, Bulaga, Berry, and even Joe Haden before getting Dan Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You could get a starting safety in the 3rd round of this draft.
    You can get a starting NT in the third round also.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    You can get a starting NT in the third round also.
    As bad as our NT's played last year, Baby Huey could start at NT. They probably could get him as a UDFA.

I'm fine with Dan Williams. NT is one of, if not the most, critical position on the defense.

Maybe, I would just hate to see us draft a DL after doing the same thing for years.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

If we take Dan Williams in at #5 overall, I'm serious that we better trade Dorsey, and get a first rounder for him.

If we traded him to the Texans for their #20 overall selection, then taking dan williams wouldn't hurt.

We might still get a player like Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Everson Griffen, or Mike Iupati.

If we take Dan Williams and keep dorsey, it just doesn't make good business sense. Having three top 5 picks on your defensive line? When you run a 3-4? In consecutive years?

Besides, the chance that Cody falls to us in the second is too good. If he isn't there, Cam Thomas will be.

Also, Dan Williams isn't a sure-fire prospect. There is talk that his play was vastly influenced by the overall talent on his defense.

Now, if we trade down to #9 with Buffalo, then I wouldn't be mad. I think it might be a solid pick. In the top ten, though, I still would prefer to draft a left tackle, so that Albert could move to his more natural position at guard.

Let's not forget that Waters could be done after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    If we take Dan Williams in at #5 overall, I'm serious that we better trade Dorsey, and get a first rounder for him.
    That would be tough IMO.

If we traded him to the Texans for their #20 overall selection, then taking dan williams wouldn't hurt.

We might still get a player like Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Everson Griffen, or Mike Iupati.
    No one, especially not the Texans (who are going to draft RB or CB in the 1st), are trading a 1st for Dorsey. We probably can't get a 2nd rounder for him.

If we take Dan Williams and keep dorsey, it just doesn't make good business sense. Having three top 5 picks on your defensive line? When you run a 3-4

The ? In consecutive years?
    We need the players on the DL. Does it really matter when we drafted them?

Besides, the chance that Cody falls to us in the second is too good. If he isn't there, Cam Thomas will be.

Also, Dan Williams isn't a sure-fire prospect. There is talk that his play was vastly influenced by the overall talent on his defense.
    Dan Williams is a tank and will be a great NT in the NFL. Obviously though, only time will prove that.

Now, if we trade down to #9 with Buffalo, then I wouldn't be mad. I think it might be a solid pick. In the top ten, though, I still would prefer to draft a left tackle, so that Albert could move to his more natural position at guard.

Let's not forget that Waters could be done after this year.
    I agree with this. If we can move down, we need to do so. And I'd prefer a LT over Williams in the 1st. He'll, I'd love to spend our 1st on Baluga at #9, pick up an additional couple picks (probably a 3rd and a 5th), and spend our 2a on Ducasse at RT.

We could then start Baluga at LT, Albert at LG, Waters at C, Lilja at RG, and Ducasse at RT. *That's* a line!

We would then pray Cam Thomas would be there at 2b (or maybe package the Buffalo 3rd with 2b to move up and get him).

But if the pick is Dan Williams, either at #5, #9, or elsewhere, it's still a good pick. We need a NT very badly, and Williams will be a great one.

I am definitely pulling for McClain if we have to choose at #5, but I see Williams as our leading candidate if we don't trade down.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast