Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you be mad?

Default Would you be mad?

Would you be mad if the chiefs draft Dan Williams with the fifth overall pick in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    If we take Dan Williams in at #5 overall, I'm serious that we better trade Dorsey, and get a first rounder for him.

If we traded him to the Texans for their #20 overall selection, then taking dan williams wouldn't hurt.

We might still get a player like Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Everson Griffen, or Mike Iupati.

If we take Dan Williams and keep dorsey, it just doesn't make good business sense. Having three top 5 picks on your defensive line? When you run a 3-4? In consecutive years?

Besides, the chance that Cody falls to us in the second is too good. If he isn't there, Cam Thomas will be.

Also, Dan Williams isn't a sure-fire prospect. There is talk that his play was vastly influenced by the overall talent on his defense.

Now, if we trade down to #9 with Buffalo, then I wouldn't be mad. I think it might be a solid pick. In the top ten, though, I still would prefer to draft a left tackle, so that Albert could move to his more natural position at guard.

Let's not forget that Waters could be done after this year.
    In case you didn't notice, without Doresy..we let an average back rush for a record amount in a single game.

Doresy stays.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kcallin View Post
    yes, very mad, Berry is a once in a decade type player, safetys are not near as deep as other areas we need to draft.
    You are basing this of pure speculation. Also, there are some very good safeties that I am not sure Berry will ever match up to,that were drafted in this decade.

As once stated. One of the best safeties in Chiefs history was signed to be our punter. There are very adequate safeties avaialble. A safety is only as good as the players in front of him.

To be honest, I won't be upset with any player the Chiefs pick, until I see them on the field. Some times, the better players are the ones who aren't the most talented because they developed the better work habit to get them where they are. There is theories, that drafting players from winning organizations develop players that can not handle adversity as they never faced it before.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    No one, especially not the Texans (who are going to draft RB or CB in the 1st), are trading a 1st for Dorsey. We probably can't get a 2nd rounder for him.
    The texans defensive line still needs to be upgraded. Slaton is good, he just couldn't hold onto the football. Cornerback is a legit option.

Dorsey is still worth a 1st round pick, absolutely.

We need the players on the DL. Does it really matter when we drafted them?

Yes, it does. Tying up huge guaranteed contracts in one position group is terrible. First of all, you don't know how they are all going to pan out. you need to give people a couple of years to see if they excel or don't. Magee could still turn out to be a good player. This is why there is a SALARY CAP. You have to actually manage your money and spread it around the whole team.

I agree with this. If we can move down, we need to do so. And I'd prefer a LT over Williams in the 1st. He'll, I'd love to spend our 1st on Baluga at #9, pick up an additional couple picks (probably a 3rd and a 5th), and spend our 2a on Ducasse at RT.

This is what I'm hoping for.

We could then start Baluga at LT, Albert at LG, Waters at C, Lilja at RG, and Ducasse at RT. *That's* a line!

Now you're talking, although I'm still hoping against all odds that Okung falls to us. come on, Clausen, kill it at your pro days!!!

We would then pray Cam Thomas would be there at 2b (or maybe package the Buffalo 3rd with 2b to move up and get him).

You don't have to pray. He'll be there. Seriously, who would he go to?

Let's say Miami takes Dan Williams.

San Diego is taking Cody, but I don't think they do it in the first round. they'll go with a big running back. It's a much bigger need, because it greatly affects ANOTHER one of their playmakers, sproles, and then that affects their whole offense.

Miami - no.
    Denver - signed Jamal Williams.
    Buffalo - this is the only possibility for me. This depends on the first round, but you have to assume that they need to get a tackle and a QB in this draft.

But San Diego has the 8th pick in the second round. if we don't take Cody at #36, then they'll grab him at #40. No one else will need a nose tackle until we pick at #50. boom. Cam Thomas.

But if the pick is Dan Williams, either at #5, #9, or elsewhere, it's still a good pick. We need a NT very badly, and Williams will be a great one.

you assume. He is not the best pick at either position, in my opinion. There is going to be a run on tackles, and the difference between the nose tackle we get at #5 and the nose tackle we get at #50 is no where near as big a gap as the difference between tackles at those spots.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 04-01-2010 at 01:54 PM.

This is why there is a SALARY CAP.
    No, there isn't.

The texans defensive line still needs to be upgraded. Slaton is good, he just couldn't hold onto the football. Cornerback is a legit option.

Dorsey is still worth a 1st round pick, absolutely.
    To us, maybe. But not to other teams. He's a smallish DT whose underachieved (so far as other teams think) for the past couple years. Why would they trade a pick for him, when we have one of the deepest drafts in years?

Yes, it does. Tying up huge guaranteed contracts in one position group is terrible. First of all, you don't know how they are all going to pan out. you need to give people a couple of years to see if they excel or don't. Magee could still turn out to be a good player. This is why there is a SALARY CAP. You have to actually manage your money and spread it around the whole team.
    Again, no salary cap anymore. Second, Magee, Dorsey, and Jackson aren't NTs. Their DEs. We need a big guy to eat space in the middle.

Now you're talking, although I'm still hoping against all odds that Okung falls to us. come on, Clausen, kill it at your pro days!!!
    Wouldn't that be nice?

You don't have to pray. He'll be there. Seriously, who would he go to?

Let's say Miami takes Dan Williams.

San Diego is taking Cody, but I don't think they do it in the first round. they'll go with a big running back. It's a much bigger need, because it greatly affects ANOTHER one of their playmakers, sproles, and then that affects their whole offense.

Miami - no.
    Denver - signed Jamal Williams.
    Buffalo - this is the only possibility for me. This depends on the first round, but you have to assume that they need to get a tackle and a QB in this draft.

But San Diego has the 8th pick in the second round. if we don't take Cody at #36, then they'll grab him at #40. No one else will need a nose tackle until we pick at #50. boom. Cam Thomas.
    Let's assume the Dolphins get Williams in Round 1.

I could see the Steelers picking a backup for Hampton, Denver drafting a backup for Williams (in fact, that would be my guess), Chargers needing a replacement for Williams, the Jets looking to backup Jenkins, Cleveland looking to backup Rogers (just arrested, BTW, for gun crime) or pretty much any team except the Pats (drafted Brace in 2009) looking to acquire Thomas before #50. I hope he drops, but it's awfully far from certain.

you assume. He is not the best pick at either position, in my opinion. There is going to be a run on tackles, and the difference between the nose tackle we get at #5 and the nose tackle we get at #50 is no where near as big a gap as the difference between tackles at those spots.
    Again, you're assuming Thomas will be there. I could see him, Cody, and Thomas all gone by 40 (Dolphins, then Browns, then Chargers), much less 50.

And Williams will be that good. He's big, plays mean, and will be *someone's* NT for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    No, there isn't.
    Well...crap. You got me there.

Then for pete's sake, take him at the top of the second round. Problem solved.

Unlike some Chiefs Fans I try to hold my judgement on a draft pick until a couple years down the road.

I will never be dissapointed in a pick, i know that. On the other hand, I was extremely satisfied with the Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson picks though, and both haven't really panned out yet

: /

However, Im thinking TJ is gonna start rockin' the t*ts off that bi*ch.... Dorsey is solid against the run i think..

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Unlike some Chiefs Fans I try to hold my judgement on a draft pick until a couple years down the road.

I will never be dissapointed in a pick, i know that. On the other hand, I was extremely satisfied with the Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson picks though, and both haven't really panned out yet

: /

However, Im thinking TJ is gonna start rockin' the t*ts off that bi*ch.... Dorsey is solid against the run i think..
    That's how we should start evaluating players. I want more players that can do that.

Resident Celebrity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast