Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns DL Shaun Rogers arrested for airport gun possession

Default Browns DL Shaun Rogers arrested for airport gun possession

What the heck was he thinking? From Rotoworld.com:

"Browns DL Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday for gun possession at Hopkins airport in Cleveland.
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms, so it's not an April Fool's attempt. Rogers was preparing to board a plane when officers discovered the loaded weapon in his carry-on bag. Rogers told the officers that he forgotten the gun was there. We're assuming he was not planning to use the gun on the plane, but that leaves unexplained why he was carrying a loaded weapon in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    What the heck was he thinking? From Rotoworld.com:

"Browns DL Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday for gun possession at Hopkins airport in Cleveland.
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms, so it's not an April Fool's attempt. Rogers was preparing to board a plane when officers discovered the loaded weapon in his carry-on bag. Rogers told the officers that he forgotten the gun was there. We're assuming he was not planning to use the gun on the plane, but that leaves unexplained why he was carrying a loaded weapon in the first place."
    He probably just forgot. Happened to Barry Switzer too if I remember correctly.

I guess he's never been to an airport.

Resident Celebrity

WOW ummm smart guy he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    He probably just forgot. Happened to Barry Switzer too if I remember correctly.
    You gotta be a real idiot to "forget" that you have a loaded gun in your carry on bag.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You gotta be a real idiot to "forget" that you have a loaded gun in your carry on bag.
    Shaun Rogers is a 350 lb. NT who has been hit in the head for the past couple decades. No one's going to confuse him with a rocket scientist.

The guy probably flies at least a couple of times a week. He forgot he had a gun, or he forgot to check it. It's not a big deal.

Shaun Rogers is a 350 lb. NT who has been hit in the head for the past couple decades. No one's going to confuse him with a rocket scientist.

The guy probably flies at least a couple of times a week. He forgot he had a gun, or he forgot to check it. It's not a big deal.
    I have smoked pot for the last 21 years and some may say Im no rocket scientist, but when I go to the airport, I make damn sure there is no weed in my carry on.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I have smoked pot for the last 21 years and some may say Im no rocket scientist, but when I go to the airport, I make damn sure there is no weed in my carry on.

You're no rocket scientist!

A beer scientist.. YES!

Resident Celebrity

...This!

The first problem I have with this is why was the gun loaded to begin with? That in itself is being a negligent & irresponsible gun owner IMO.

Secondly, I have a problem with his negligence not knowing the location of his gun. If he's so forgetful (or dense)...that he doesn't know where his gun is, especially when loaded...then he shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in the first place.

I understand all too well, that mistakes happen, and there are times in life we become stressed, preoccupied, rushed...but to forget about having a loaded gun, or not even knowing where your gun is at...is unexcusable.

My mind has been very preoccupied, stressed, & overwhelmed at times during the last year with many life changes & transition occurring at once. I use to never be forgetful, disorganized in thought, nor unable to remain focused...but I have often become such in the last year. Still, I don't forget where my gun is at, and I sure as heck don't forget to unload it, or leave the magazine in if I've no justified reason for keeping it loaded. It's simply a matter of habitually being responsible as a gun owner knowing the location of ones gun, and whether or not it's loaded.

All that explained...I've owned a 9MM semi automatic Ruger for security purposes the last 10 yrs or so. I live in the country...my neighbors are rattlesnakes, bobcats, mountain lions, etc.. As well, rural crime is the fastest growing crime in America second only to internet crime...my county is rated #2 for the fastest growing rural crime rate in Kansas. My gun is a necessary & justified friend, serious biz.

Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-02-2010 at 02:55 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast