Thread: Goodell Determines Pats Violated League Rules

Hybrid View

Sweets Guest

Default Goodell Determines Pats Violated League Rules

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.
    NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.
    Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.
    The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.
    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.
    The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.
    Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Dirty Cheaters
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Dirty Cheaters
    What he said.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    What he said.
    What he said Canada said. :p

I think a more appropriate punishment rather than the draft picks I keep hearing about, is to penalize them on the salary cap. That hits them on the bottom line, and restricts their competitive ability...much like the NCAA taking away scholarships.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.
    Well they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well they have now.
    No kidding...that's like your mom sending you to your room until dad gets home, and then talking to him on the phone downstairs about your upcoming punishment.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    No kidding...that's like your mom sending you to your room until dad gets home, and then talking to him on the phone downstairs about your upcoming punishment.

Heh! The media; gotta love 'em.