Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BW's comments on BA

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I agree w/ Brian Waters

100 %

Albert is a very capable LT, it's difficult when you have to learn a new playbook every year, switching through QB's every year, no running game, bad WR's, and no help w/ other offensive linemen
    not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I agree w/ Brian Waters

100 %

Albert is a very capable LT, it's difficult when you have to learn a new playbook every year, switching through QB's every year, no running game, bad WR's, and no help w/ other offensive linemen
    Seriously guys. The play book for an offensive lineman isn't that complicated. It is the same stuff they have seen since high school. Plain and simple he was getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Seriously guys. The play book for an offensive lineman isn't that complicated. It is the same stuff they have seen since high school. Plain and simple he was getting beat.
    Really!! I think you would be surprised at difference between blocking schemes and even different coaches.

naive
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I think my nineteen year old would disagree with you here. He would tell you that the difference just between high school and JUCO is nearly infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think my nineteen year old would disagree with you here. He would tell you that the difference just between high school and JUCO is nearly infinite.
    There is a pretty limited amount of assignments for o-linemen as compared to most other positions.

Most changes in assignment will be dictated after the whistle, based on which defender is where.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Really!! I think you would be surprised at difference between blocking schemes and even different coaches.
    Obviously I can not speak for the NFL level, or even Division 1 college ball, but it wasn't that difficult for me going from High school to college and I was moved from Tackle, to guard to center back to center in college and finished at guard. I think I experienced a bunch in my 7 years. Yes, just seven years. I was moved to Guard in college because I was exceptional at pulling. I struggled as a pulling center. The biggest problem for me, was adjusting to a stunt when I was trapping a gap. Sometimes, the guy I was supposed to block wasn't there, so who do I search out. In my opininon this required the most study as the blocking schemes were complex when pulling.

I did not play LT so I can not speak for LT. Center was the most difficult in my opinion, but that was about technique and having a guy trying to cave in my face as I am worried about getting the snap off okay.

So as Naive as I you all may think I am. My personal experience says different. I would have to think a player as good and as experienced as an NFL player is paid to be These type of ajustments should be natural to them by now. If they can't handle it. Maybe they shouldn't be in the NFL.

All I am saying is that people are making excuses for players and ignoring reality. They guy struggled and was often just beat straight up. But you can blame the scheme, the Coach, losing weight, or what ever...

I am tired of losing, and I am tired of excuses. Do or Do not....

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am guessing the real difference he is seeing, is the difference in talent and expectations of the coach. I am guessing the actual responsibility is the same, but executing those responsibilities are a little more complicated because of the talent he is facing.

Obviously I can not speak for the NFL level, or even Division 1 college ball, but it wasn't that difficult for me going from High school to college and I was moved from Tackle, to guard to center back to center in college and finished at guard. I think I experienced a bunch in my 7 years. Yes, just seven years. I was moved to Guard in college because I was exceptional at pulling. I struggled as a pulling center. The biggest problem for me, was adjusting to a stunt when I was trapping a gap. Sometimes, the guy I was supposed to block wasn't there, so who do I search out. In my opininon this required the most study as the blocking schemes were complex when pulling.

I did not play LT so I can not speak for LT. Center was the most difficult in my opinion, but that was about technique and having a guy trying to cave in my face as I am worried about getting the snap off okay.

So as Naive as I you all may think I am. My personal experience says different. I would have to think a player as good and as experienced as an NFL player is paid to be These type of ajustments should be natural to them by now. If they can't handle it. Maybe they shouldn't be in the NFL.

All I am saying is that people are making excuses for players and ignoring reality. They guy struggled and was often just beat straight up. But you can blame the scheme, the Coach, losing weight, or what ever...

I am tired of losing, and I am tired of excuses. Do or Do not....
    It was really nice of your HS and College coaches to keep searching for a position you could play. Too bad they couldn't, mayby you could have went to the NFL and seen one of those playbooks and not be guessing like the rest of us. LOL
    Calm down dude. All they are saying is that things are constantly changing. Yes he has to keep up. Albert did a great job the last half of the season against some great talent. For that matter he played better than Waters. But I dont hear anyone wanting to give him the boot. Peace and Love baby - Peace and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    It was really nice of your HS and College coaches to keep searching for a position you could play. Too bad they couldn't, mayby you could have went to the NFL and seen one of those playbooks and not be guessing like the rest of us. LOL
    Calm down dude. All they are saying is that things are constantly changing. Yes he has to keep up. Albert did a great job the last half of the season against some great talent. For that matter he played better than Waters. But I dont hear anyone wanting to give him the boot. Peace and Love baby - Peace and Love
    Let's put it this way, I would not lose any sleep if he were on the bench or was to go to another team. Not impressed. This year will seal his fate one way or another.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast