Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I am going to make a bold prediction.

Default I am going to make a bold prediction.

You can call me crazy or what ever...

But I think Berry will fall to the second round.
    Here is why.

1. Rams - They need more things than just a QB.

2. Lions - Stronger need than safteies at hand, like OL and DL

3. Bucs - They need a DL or OL.

4. Redskins - Need help at OL so they can have a successful offense.

5. Chiefs - Scott has rules when drafting.

6. Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck is always on the run. There looking at an OL, and if they were going to draft a saftey, it would be Taylor Mays; due to the connection with Pete Carrol.

7. Browns - They are looking at QB issues first.

8. Raiders - Al Davis doesn't understand the draft. Nuff said.

9. Bills - QB? They have a decent secondary.

10. Jaguars - My guess is they would pick a corner, not a saftey.

11. Donks - MCDainels is an offensive kind of guy. I bet they boot Marshall and draft a WR.

12. Dolphins - Lost Joey Porter, looking for replacement.

13. 49ner's - Probably going to be a front 7 kind of guy.

14. Seahawks - same really

15. NYG - Not really sure what they need. But they might look toward LB or DT.

16. Titans - Vince needs some help at WR, and they could use a DT as well.

Ok, so I could go on with this, but you get my drift. Most other teams need a saftey that bad. We don't even need one THAT bad. Not that we don't need one.

Point is I think Berry is going to fall to the second round.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Im just watching Path to the draft on NFL network and Bucky brooks is saying that Eric Berry would be perfect for the Chiefs and that he'd make a real difference to the team!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Exactly but what I can't believe is that some people actually DON'T want him drafted at #5 when Safety is the position in most need! It's unbelievable!!!!
    No doubt we need a safety - probably two of them. But successful teams are built with strong lines. The best safties in the world don't mean squat unless the players in front of them are capable of stuffing the run and getting to the QB. Our D was ranked 30 out of 32 teams last year. Not real impressive. The front 7 MUST be fixed if we are to be competitive in the long term. And don't forget we need at least 2 starting OL - probably 3. Get the lines fixed first. Anything else is considered a luxury pick in our situation (imho).
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No doubt we need a safety - probably two of them. But successful teams are built with strong lines. The best safties in the world don't mean squat unless the players in front of them are capable of stuffing the run and getting to the QB. Our D was ranked 30 out of 32 teams last year. Not real impressive. The front 7 MUST be fixed if we are to be competitive in the long term. And don't forget we need at least 2 starting OL - probably 3. Get the lines fixed first. Anything else is considered a luxury pick in our situation (imho).
    Berry at #5 and a LB in the 2nd round.

Berry at #5 and a LB in the 2nd round.
    The need is OL 1st round NT 2nd round or vice versa...
    SHUT IT

The need is OL 1st round NT 2nd round or vice versa...
    They've made 2 OL signings, so I think they won't draft a Offensive lineman in the 1st. And they just signed NT Suan Smith so I still say Eric Berry in the first round and maybe a LB in the 2nd.

They've made 2 OL signings, so I think they won't draft a Offensive lineman in the 1st. And they just signed NT Suan Smith so I still say Eric Berry in the first round and maybe a LB in the 2nd.
    Shaun Smith is a backup at best - not the future of the team. Lilja and Casey are mid 30's and a stopgap until our lines are built. Thats it. Just like Curry last year, Berry won't be picked by Pioli. No positional value that high. Sorry aussie...
    SHUT IT

What I think right now:

1st - Eric Berry

2nd (a/b) - LB

3rd - Maybe a WR like Jordan Shipley

Shaun Smith is a backup at best - not the future of the team. Lilja and Casey are mid 30's and a stopgap until our lines are built. Thats it. Just like Curry last year, Berry won't be picked by Pioli. No positional value that high. Sorry aussie...
    I agree with you that Shuan Smith is a backup but I think Lilja is here to stay if he can be productive.

I just think that Eric Berry is such a great Safety and it's a very important position right now in terms of need that it's a no brainer to draft him.

Exactly but what I can't believe is that some people actually DON'T want him drafted at #5 when Safety is the position in most need! It's unbelievable!!!!
    Im my opinion, it would be nice to have an elite safety, but not necessary at the stage of rebuilding that we are. We have too many other holes to fill.

A safety's primary goal is to defend the pass. Our biggest problem was run defense. We sucked in pass defense too, dont get me wrong. But part of our problem was that we were always playing the run, and we left ourselves vulnerable to the pass.

A safety isnt going to help in run defense and isnt going to improve our run defense a whole lot and make our DL/LBs look any better. However, a good DL/LB IS going to make our secondary look better. They will be able to stop the run without blitzing and bringing the safeties any closer to the line of scrimmage. They can put pressure on the opposing QB, only giving him a couple seconds to throw, making him less accurate and making it easier for the CBs and Safeties to get picks.

All that having been said, do I think there is a DL or LB worthy of taking in the top 5? I dont think so. I think we would have to reach on Dan Williams if we wanted to go defense. As a doctor, McClain's history of Crohns makes me really hesitant to consider him.

I think Okung and maybe Bulaga are worthy of the pick, but I am not sure he is going to be a big upgrade over B. Albert.

At this point my number one choice would be if we traded down. After that, I dont have a strong preference.

I agree with you that Shuan Smith is a backup but I think Lilja is here to stay if he can be productive.

I just think that Eric Berry is such a great Safety and it's a very important position right now in terms of need that it's a no brainer to draft him.
    And Curry was a great linebacker at Wake Forest. But Pioli don't think that way. He will build our lines with our top 2-3 picks...
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast