Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I am going to make a bold prediction.

Default I am going to make a bold prediction.

You can call me crazy or what ever...

But I think Berry will fall to the second round.
    Here is why.

1. Rams - They need more things than just a QB.

2. Lions - Stronger need than safteies at hand, like OL and DL

3. Bucs - They need a DL or OL.

4. Redskins - Need help at OL so they can have a successful offense.

5. Chiefs - Scott has rules when drafting.

6. Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck is always on the run. There looking at an OL, and if they were going to draft a saftey, it would be Taylor Mays; due to the connection with Pete Carrol.

7. Browns - They are looking at QB issues first.

8. Raiders - Al Davis doesn't understand the draft. Nuff said.

9. Bills - QB? They have a decent secondary.

10. Jaguars - My guess is they would pick a corner, not a saftey.

11. Donks - MCDainels is an offensive kind of guy. I bet they boot Marshall and draft a WR.

12. Dolphins - Lost Joey Porter, looking for replacement.

13. 49ner's - Probably going to be a front 7 kind of guy.

14. Seahawks - same really

15. NYG - Not really sure what they need. But they might look toward LB or DT.

16. Titans - Vince needs some help at WR, and they could use a DT as well.

Ok, so I could go on with this, but you get my drift. Most other teams need a saftey that bad. We don't even need one THAT bad. Not that we don't need one.

Point is I think Berry is going to fall to the second round.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I would say there's a very decent chance he falls out of the top 10, which is where he would have to get drafted to not be the highest paid safety.

I have no idea who the Chiefs first round pick will be, but I'm about 97.62% sure it won't be Berry.
    Just don't see Pioli using a #5 pick on a safety.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Exactly but what I can't believe is that some people actually DON'T want him drafted at #5 when Safety is the position in most need! It's unbelievable!!!!
    Well, alot of people are very high on Jared Page. Personally, I am not sure I have ever seen a Safety play worse than him.

But Mike Brown was a stud with Chicago, and a major playmaker.

But, without a solid defensive front, Mike brown showed us what happens to a great playmaking Safety.

I sincerely doubt that The Chiefs believe that their defensive front is strong enough to help a SS not look like trash right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I have no idea who the Chiefs first round pick will be, but I'm about 97.62% sure it won't be Berry.
    Just don't see Pioli using a #5 pick on a safety.
    That's very specific

i will be disappointed if we draft an offensive lineman with the 5th overall pick. we have a good enough line for the time being. lets pick up OL in the later rounds and develop them under our veterans. jamaal charles makes all of their jobs easier, including matt cassel's.

we need the young talent on defense NOW. i like berry, and if it were my choice thats who it would be. but i won't be upset if we go DT or LB. who cares what # pick we have, pick up the player who makes the biggest impact. who cares if its a reach if it works?
    Last edited by toyotapower; 04-03-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It BETTER BE our DL. 30th ranked defense last year - 30th! If you want a consistant playoff team, line MUST be fixed. If it takes 3 more drafts to fix it - so be it. Doesn't matter what we drafted last year if the problem still isn't fixed!!!!!Need a NT first and foremost. Then an OLB and then an ILB (or 2). After the front 7 is fixed, Pioli will target safeties and CB's. Just the way it is...

You can built up our DL all you want but that won't keep us out of the bottom 6 or 8 without some playmakers down the field, just like you can built up the OL and without a good WR you might as well stayed home on the pottie......

It takes all 11 men on the field to step up and become playmakers to get to the super bowl.

Last year IMO our weakest spot was safety, I held my breath and cringed every time opponents went deep, and usually those plays gave all mominun to those teams......

Imagine teams fearing to go deep, knowing there ball could get intercepted on every throw.

btw did u ever wonder how we lost those games we were leading in..... teams got behind and had to play catchup ,and figured out it was sooooo easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post

Imagine teams fearing to go deep, knowing there ball could get intercepted on every throw.

btw did u ever wonder how we lost those games we were leading in..... teams got behind and had to play catchup ,and figured out it was sooooo easy.

the polamalu effect. they went from super bowl champs to out of the playoffs in one year because he was injured. teams finally threw deep on them because they weren't worried about him coming out of no where and picking them off. and he has magnificent hair.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    the polamalu effect. they went from super bowl champs to out of the playoffs in one year because he was injured. teams finally threw deep on them because they weren't worried about him coming out of no where and picking them off. and he has magnificent hair.
    He uses Head and shoulders, it does seven great things for his hair and scalp.
    Chiefs in 2011

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

If the Chiefs dont take Berry at #5 there is no way he will drop to the 2nd round! From what I have read about him is that he could possibly switch to CB. If that is true any team looking for a CB would take him if he is the playmaker everyone says he is.

just like you can built up the OL and without a good WR you might as well stayed home on the pottie......
    I take it you don't remember the Chiefs from 2002-2007. We had no deep threat at all. Great OLs, and Eddie Kennison was our best WR.

Teams aren't going to throw long if they can rush for 4.5 YPC against our DL.

It's because our defense got tired from being on the field most of the game and getting gouged on the ground. Not because of our play strong frickin' safety.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast