Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I am going to make a bold prediction.

Default I am going to make a bold prediction.

You can call me crazy or what ever...

But I think Berry will fall to the second round.
    Here is why.

1. Rams - They need more things than just a QB.

2. Lions - Stronger need than safteies at hand, like OL and DL

3. Bucs - They need a DL or OL.

4. Redskins - Need help at OL so they can have a successful offense.

5. Chiefs - Scott has rules when drafting.

6. Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck is always on the run. There looking at an OL, and if they were going to draft a saftey, it would be Taylor Mays; due to the connection with Pete Carrol.

7. Browns - They are looking at QB issues first.

8. Raiders - Al Davis doesn't understand the draft. Nuff said.

9. Bills - QB? They have a decent secondary.

10. Jaguars - My guess is they would pick a corner, not a saftey.

11. Donks - MCDainels is an offensive kind of guy. I bet they boot Marshall and draft a WR.

12. Dolphins - Lost Joey Porter, looking for replacement.

13. 49ner's - Probably going to be a front 7 kind of guy.

14. Seahawks - same really

15. NYG - Not really sure what they need. But they might look toward LB or DT.

16. Titans - Vince needs some help at WR, and they could use a DT as well.

Ok, so I could go on with this, but you get my drift. Most other teams need a saftey that bad. We don't even need one THAT bad. Not that we don't need one.

Point is I think Berry is going to fall to the second round.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

interesting...anyone else notice bulaga isnt even in casserlys mock?

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    You can built up our DL all you want but that won't keep us out of the bottom 6 or 8 without some playmakers down the field, just like you can built up the OL and without a good WR you might as well stayed home on the pottie......

It takes all 11 men on the field to step up and become playmakers to get to the super bowl.

Last year IMO our weakest spot was safety, I held my breath and cringed every time opponents went deep, and usually those plays gave all mominun to those teams......

Imagine teams fearing to go deep, knowing there ball could get intercepted on every throw.

btw did u ever wonder how we lost those games we were leading in..... teams got behind and had to play catchup ,and figured out it was sooooo easy.

You do realize we had the second fewest sacks in the league last year right? We also gave up the 2nd most rushing yards. Safety is not even close to our biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    You can call me crazy or what ever...

But I think Berry will fall to the second round.
    Here is why.

1. Rams - They need more things than just a QB.

2. Lions - Stronger need than safteies at hand, like OL and DL

3. Bucs - They need a DL or OL.

4. Redskins - Need help at OL so they can have a successful offense.

5. Chiefs - Scott has rules when drafting.

6. Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck is always on the run. There looking at an OL, and if they were going to draft a saftey, it would be Taylor Mays; due to the connection with Pete Carrol.

7. Browns - They are looking at QB issues first.

8. Raiders - Al Davis doesn't understand the draft. Nuff said.

9. Bills - QB? They have a decent secondary.

10. Jaguars - My guess is they would pick a corner, not a saftey.

11. Donks - MCDainels is an offensive kind of guy. I bet they boot Marshall and draft a WR.

12. Dolphins - Lost Joey Porter, looking for replacement.

13. 49ner's - Probably going to be a front 7 kind of guy.

14. Seahawks - same really

15. NYG - Not really sure what they need. But they might look toward LB or DT.

16. Titans - Vince needs some help at WR, and they could use a DT as well.

Ok, so I could go on with this, but you get my drift. Most other teams need a saftey that bad. We don't even need one THAT bad. Not that we don't need one.

Point is I think Berry is going to fall to the second round.

Cleveland would take Berry in a heartbeat if he fell to them, as would Seattle if he fell to them at their 2nd pick, and San Fransisco would love to have him.

Aside from that, Arizona lost their starting safety, and Indy has to be ready to look to the future since Bob Sanders can't stay healthy.

In short, there's no way Berry makes it past Cleveland.

You can built up our DL all you want but that won't keep us out of the bottom 6 or 8 without some playmakers down the field,
    Right. It's all about the guy who really isn't involved in half of the plays on defense.

just like you can built up the OL and without a good WR you might as well stayed home on the pottie......

It takes all 11 men on the field to step up and become playmakers to get to the super bowl.
    No. Having 11 "playmakers" on defense would produce the worst defense around.

"Playmakers" can't make plays when they are blocked, or if a QB is not being pressured.

Last year IMO our weakest spot was safety, I held my breath and cringed every time opponents went deep, and usually those plays gave all mominun to those teams......

Imagine teams fearing to go deep, knowing there ball could get intercepted on every throw.

btw did u ever wonder how we lost those games we were leading in..... teams got behind and had to play catchup ,and figured out it was sooooo easy.

Like I've said over and over, Mike Brown was a stud. We turned him into a dud.

I'd rather not do that to our top pick this year.

Fill-in the front part of the defense, so the job of the DBs is at least feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You do realize we had the second fewest sacks in the league last year right? We also gave up the 2nd most rushing yards. Safety is not even close to our biggest problem.
    No one who supports picking Berry realizes this. I have no idea what they think a free safety is, but they seem to think free safeties stop the run and sack the QB, while at the same time prevent the long ball and make interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Cleveland would take Berry in a heartbeat if he fell to them, as would Seattle if he fell to them at their 2nd pick, and San Fransisco would love to have him.

Aside from that, Arizona lost their starting safety, and Indy has to be ready to look to the future since Bob Sanders can't stay healthy.

In short, there's no way Berry makes it past Cleveland.
    I thought so too, but don't be too sure about Cleveland. With Shaun Rogers's legal troubles, picking Dan Williams isn't that unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    No one who supports picking Berry realizes this. I have no idea what they think a free safety is, but they seem to think free safeties stop the run and sack the QB, while at the same time prevent the long ball and make interceptions.
    You mean they don't?

lol
    This draft is SOOOO deep with DL, LB's and OL.
    Berry has to be the pick. Yes i agree with you guys that we need to build the front 7 but why pass on a guy like berry who is the most pro ready and probably the best player in the draft? to reach for a OL, LB, or NT, that we can get just as good a quality with our 2 pics in round 2.

You take the sure fire player (berry in my mind) and build around him. Just like you do on offense you take a franchise QB (cassel) and you build around him.

Berry at 1
    Then if you guys want NT, we could go possibly Cody or cam thomas. at 2a possibly even 2b. (also keep in mind the shaun rogers issue and romeo crennel connection now)
    oh but you guys want a LB? oh ok then we can go
    Washington from TCU, Hughes from TCU, Graham from michigan might still be there. Griffin from USC might still be there, Kindle most likely not. Witherspoon most likely not. the kid from Penn state will be there in 2nd round.
    You guys want OL? oh there is an abundance of good tackles. we could get in the 2nd round.
    1 of which is the kid i hope the chiefs get. Washington, probably 1 of the best tackles in the draft but slide down cause of a mistake he made when 16 and has to register as a sex offender.

Take the best player, and build around him when you have a Defensive draft like this that coaches are saying they have never seen this amount of skill in a draft before.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Like I've said over and over, Mike Brown was a stud. We turned him into a dud.
    Really now? I'm 100% certain he did that to himself.

Go back and look thru our games, how many we lost by a TD or less. Then those games you re-watch and watch the tackle in open field that mike brown missed for a TD. Or the TWO he missed just in the cowboys game on Miles Austin.

Here is a nice read on MR Stud that we turned into a Dud.
    Chiefs S Mike Brown Does Not Look Like the Bears S Mike Brown - Mike Brown - Zimbio

There's a reason Mike Brown went unsigned for much of free agency, until we finally signed him to a cheap 1 year deal. Just like Mike Goff and Bobby Engram, he's just not the same player he was 2 years ago. The Bears safeties aren't good. They wouldn't have cut Brown if he was still a stud.

Brown was one of the worst starting safeties in the league last season. I literally sat there one game watching him backpeddle for 20 yards before finally trying to make a tackle on a guy in the open field right in front of him. Good players play well no matter what. Troy Polamalu would not be a scrub on the Chiefs.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast