View Poll Results: Who is the selection at number 5? (Please see current mock below)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Berry

30 54.55%
  • Rolando McClain

6 10.91%
  • Trent Williams

1 1.82%
  • Bryan Bulaga

15 27.27%
  • Jason Pierre Paul

0 0%
  • Dan Williams

3 5.45%
  • Derrick Morgan

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do you guys take at 5?

Default Who do you guys take at 5?

1.St. Louis (1-15) – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    2.Detroit (2-14) – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    3.Tampa Bay (3-13) – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    4.Washington (4-12) – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
    5.Kansas City (4-12) – ?

(Assuming you guys stay at 5). Right now, I have you guys slated as taking Rolando McClain. As great of a player as Berry is, McClain fits your system so well, and you guys know better than me how much of a system guy Pioli is.

You guys reserve the right to change my opinion though;).

Thanks!!
    Last edited by PhinsRock; 04-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Um, Cleveland at #7? They need a QBOTF, as Delhomme is a one year/two year band-aid, not a long term starter. If Clausen drops to #7, I'd be shocked if the Browns pass on him.
    Not saying it's not possible, could be him "tricking" other GMs, but it seems very unlikely:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...st-to-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not saying it's not possible, could be him "tricking" other GMs, but it seems very unlikely:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...st-to-say.html
    Yeah, I saw that too. I think Holmgren is way too savvy a guy to show his cards this early. I think its a smokescreen for his legitimate interest in him.

Um, Cleveland at #7? They need a QBOTF, as Delhomme is a one year/two year band-aid, not a long term starter. If Clausen drops to #7, I'd be shocked if the Browns pass on him.
    Holmgrem is a fool for paying Delhomme 7 mil. He sucked as a gm in Seattle also. Shouda stuck to coaching. Oh, well. He'll assure Clevelands continued demise...
    SHUT IT

Yeah, I saw that too. I think Holmgren is way too savvy a guy to show his cards this early. I think its a smokescreen for his legitimate interest in him.
    I'm more saying that I don't think Buffalo is set on Clausen, I see it less likely that they trade up for him, let alone take him at 9. If the Browns were to take him, I don't think Buffalo is terribly upset. They are kind of like the Chiefs, they can benefit from a lot of players. I also wouldn't be surprised if Campbell draws some interest from teams, but it's still to be seen if the Redskins will part with him. He's a pretty legitimate QB in my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm more saying that I don't think Buffalo is set on Clausen, I see it less likely that they trade up for him, let alone take him at 9. If the Browns were to take him, I don't think Buffalo is terribly upset. They are kind of like the Chiefs, they can benefit from a lot of players. I also wouldn't be surprised if Campbell draws some interest from teams, but it's still to be seen if the Redskins will part with him. He's a pretty legitimate QB in my opinion though.
    Good points. I guess the reason I keep thinking Buffalo is that Buffalo has two gigantic problems most franchises don't - they're losing money and they're losing their fanbase. A big name rookie QB would help with the 2nd, which would help with the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Holmgrem is a fool for paying Delhomme 7 mil. He sucked as a gm in Seattle also. Shouda stuck to coaching. Oh, well. He'll assure Clevelands continued demise...
    Eh, the Delhomme move isn't that bad. Sure he's older and INT-prone. But he's a fantastic locker room guy (his Panthers coaches were crying after they cut him!) and a decent bridge to the next generation. It's a lot like Pennington with the Dolphins - they may be overpaying a bit, but it'll help in both the long and short terms.

Good points. I guess the reason I keep thinking Buffalo is that Buffalo has two gigantic problems most franchises don't - they're losing money and they're losing their fanbase. A big name rookie QB would help with the 2nd, which would help with the 1st.
    I would love for them to trade up with the Chiefs though! We'd be able to acquire an extra pick at the least and still get Baluga or D. Williams at 9. Highway robbery if you ask me

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I voted for Berry if he is there! Although, I would rather trade down and let Pioli do his magic with more draft picks. I think we could fill alot of holes in this draft. You all have to remember overall we are a young team. We load up in this draft no telling what happens next year!

Eh, the Delhomme move isn't that bad. Sure he's older and INT-prone. But he's a fantastic locker room guy (his Panthers coaches were crying after they cut him!) and a decent bridge to the next generation. It's a lot like Pennington with the Dolphins - they may be overpaying a bit, but it'll help in both the long and short terms.
    7 mil way too much though for a fantastic locker room guy. At some point they will need to get someone who can win some games...
    SHUT IT

Berry and McClain are the only two names I'm familiar with.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast