View Poll Results: Who is the selection at number 5? (Please see current mock below)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Berry

30 54.55%
  • Rolando McClain

6 10.91%
  • Trent Williams

1 1.82%
  • Bryan Bulaga

15 27.27%
  • Jason Pierre Paul

0 0%
  • Dan Williams

3 5.45%
  • Derrick Morgan

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do you guys take at 5?

Default Who do you guys take at 5?

1.St. Louis (1-15) – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    2.Detroit (2-14) – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    3.Tampa Bay (3-13) – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    4.Washington (4-12) – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
    5.Kansas City (4-12) – ?

(Assuming you guys stay at 5). Right now, I have you guys slated as taking Rolando McClain. As great of a player as Berry is, McClain fits your system so well, and you guys know better than me how much of a system guy Pioli is.

You guys reserve the right to change my opinion though;).

Thanks!!
    Last edited by PhinsRock; 04-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Why would he play RT when he is a left. That doesn't make sense. We would move Albert someone else. Albert isn't quite the LT were looking for.
    Why would Albert play RT when he is a LT? Albert already has a year of the system under his belt and did VERY well the last half of the season once he got it. With this entire off-season to work on his technique he will be a beast next year, mark my words.

If we move Albert and replace him with a new LT then we will have 4 starting lineman learning a new system/position next year. That is what doesn't make sense.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I say we take Tebow at 5!!!! Just kidding, I believe we will take Baluga. But Id take Tebow with one of our seconds if hes still available!!
    RIP My son. I will miss you eternally!!!

[QUOTE=Chieffaninfl;186365]I say we take Tebow at 5!!!! Just kidding, I believe we will take Baluga. But Id take Tebow with one of our seconds if hes still available!![/QUOTE]

I would address all the other needs before I even thought about takeing on a project QB. I don't think we even consider takeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Take a look at the votes. Who do the fans want? Eric Berry!

Yep!!!!!!!! BERRY, BERRY,BERRY!!!!!!!!

If Clausen is still there at the #5 spot,I think we will do better trading for a couple extra picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Why would Albert play RT when he is a LT? Albert already has a year of the system under his belt and did VERY well the last half of the season once he got it. With this entire off-season to work on his technique he will be a beast next year, mark my words.

If we move Albert and replace him with a new LT then we will have 4 starting lineman learning a new system/position next year. That is what doesn't make sense.
    Albert was a guard. We really should should move him back there, but he needs to not be an LT, its going to be hard for him like it was last year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Albert was a guard. We really should should move him back there, but he needs to not be an LT, its going to be hard for him like it was last year.
    Brian Waters begs to differ. :)

Oh, and I voted for Dan Williams. I'm officially on the draft Williams, trade up for Charles Brown and hopefully trade down for an extra pick or two train.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    If we drafted a LT they would move Albert to a Guard position. Which would make our line better. But why spend LT money on a Guard problem. Trade down to 10th or farther IF Possable. Take Iupoti, still fix the problem and spend #10 guard money instead of a #5 left tackle money. The reason noone realises how well Albert was playing the last half of last year is because when they watched the game their eyes were glued on Charles.
    You're not "spending LT money on a Guard position". You're spending on a LOT + OG positions.

Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now, regardless of rather or not he was serviceable for a couple of games at the end of the season... again.

It's all about how much trust the staff has in Albert's ability to play LOT at a much higher level than he has so far.

If they believe that he is a whole lot better than he has shown, then they won't draft a LOT at #5.

But, even if they believe that he will be "good enough", or "servicable" at LOT, then it would be a great idea to draft a guy to challenge, with the hopes of getting someone who can really be a "good" LOT and still gain the highest ranked OG entering the draft two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post

Why would he play LOT when he is a OG?

Better to get the players in their best positions now, than to make-do with their half-assed abilities for several years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Brian Waters begs to differ. :)

Oh, and I voted for Dan Williams. I'm officially on the draft Williams, trade up for Charles Brown and hopefully trade down for an extra pick or two train.
    At this point, no one should care what Brian Waters thinks or says.

His credibilty is not were it should be and he hasn't preformed like a probowler since 2007.

He needs to step up his game.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Albert is going to be fine if they leave him at LT. He was a rookie two years ago, re-learning the LT position and his first NFL offensive system. Last year, he lost a ton of weight, was forced to focus on technique and had to learn an ENTIRELY NEW offensive system ONE FULL WEEK before the season started. He had a rough first half of the season as would ANY 2nd year player put in the same position. He had a MUCH better 2nd half of the season and a lot of it was credit to Albert himself and not a result of any external factors. It took a few games to learn a new system and to hold a HORRIBLE coaching decision over his head is ludicrous. Branden Albert is the Kansas City Chiefs' LT of the present and of the future. The reason the franchise won't show their commitment to him is because Pioli and Haley don't want to tip their hat to what they will and won't be looking for on draft day. Quite frankly, it's working because its got all of you and the so-called experts believing we need a new LT. You can rest assured that the Chiefs will NOT be taking an offensive lineman with their pick in the first round.

The Chiefs WOULD like another play-maker in the secondary but they aren't drafting Berry at #5. With Jarrad Page coming back healthy, the Chiefs won't be in need of another FREE safety. They need a STRONG safety. Those can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If it were MY decision, I wouldn't take McClain at #5 for health reasons I've expressed in other posts. However, if those matters don't concern Pioli as much as they do me, I think the decision is between the ILB McClain and NT Dan Williams. If the D-line is suppose to be the foundation of your defense, you have to believe one build entirely of overall top 5 picks will be the envy of the league. However, a born leader like McClain doesn't come around often. I think Williams will be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Albert is going to be fine if they leave him at LT. He was a rookie two years ago, re-learning the LT position and his first NFL offensive system. Last year, he lost a ton of weight, was forced to focus on technique and had to learn an ENTIRELY NEW offensive system ONE FULL WEEK before the season started. He had a rough first half of the season as would ANY 2nd year player put in the same position. He had a MUCH better 2nd half of the season and a lot of it was credit to Albert himself and not a result of any external factors. It took a few games to learn a new system and to hold a HORRIBLE coaching decision over his head is ludicrous. Branden Albert is the Kansas City Chiefs' LT of the present and of the future. The reason the franchise won't show their commitment to him is because Pioli and Haley don't want to tip their hat to what they will and won't be looking for on draft day. Quite frankly, it's working because its got all of you and the so-called experts believing we need a new LT. You can rest assured that the Chiefs will NOT be taking an offensive lineman with their pick in the first round.

The Chiefs WOULD like another play-maker in the secondary but they aren't drafting Berry at #5. With Jarrad Page coming back healthy, the Chiefs won't be in need of another FREE safety. They need a STRONG safety. Those can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If it were MY decision, I wouldn't take McClain at #5 for health reasons I've expressed in other posts. However, if those matters don't concern Pioli as much as they do me, I think the decision is between the ILB McClain and NT Dan Williams. If the D-line is suppose to be the foundation of your defense, you have to believe one build entirely of overall top 5 picks will be the envy of the league. However, a born leader like McClain doesn't come around often. I think Williams will be the pick.

Well said. And I wouldn't mind McClain or Williams at #5. I believe both are very effective picks.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast