Thread: Bills' Kevin Everett Has Voluntary Movement

Sweets Guest

Default Bills' Kevin Everett Has Voluntary Movement

Kevin Everett might walk again after all. The doctor who performed the spinal surgery on Everett told Buffalo TV station WIVB on Tuesday that Everett has voluntary movement of his arms and legs and as a result he is optimistic that Everett will walk again. Dr. Andrew Cappuccino told WIVB that Everett's sedation levels were lowered on Tuesday, allowing him to respond to verbal commands. WIVB also reported that Everett's latest MRI shows only a small amount of swelling on his spinal cord. On Monday, Cappuccino said that Everett sustained a "catastrophic" and life-threatening spinal-cord injury and was unlikely to walk again.

Source: ESPN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Kevin Everett might walk again after all. The doctor who performed the spinal surgery on Everett told Buffalo TV station WIVB on Tuesday that Everett has voluntary movement of his arms and legs and as a result he is optimistic that Everett will walk again. Dr. Andrew Cappuccino told WIVB that Everett's sedation levels were lowered on Tuesday, allowing him to respond to verbal commands. WIVB also reported that Everett's latest MRI shows only a small amount of swelling on his spinal cord. On Monday, Cappuccino said that Everett sustained a "catastrophic" and life-threatening spinal-cord injury and was unlikely to walk again.

Source: ESPN.com
    Excellent news. :)

Absolutely outstanding...God bless Mr Everett, his family and loved ones.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I'm so glad about this. I love football but this kind of thing really puts into perspective for me that it is a game, after all. May God bless him and his family.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I love the fact he could walk again
    :character00112:

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I'm so glad about this. I love football but this kind of thing really puts into perspective for me that it is a game, after all. May God bless him and his family.

Agreed; events like this really transcends the sport.