Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall

Default Brandon Marshall

If The Broncos Are Just Looking For A Top 40 Pick For Marshall
    Then Why The Hell Aren't We In The Trade Discussion.
    This Man Is A Recieving Machine. He Had A 103 Catches In 15 Games With An Average Qb.
    The Best Reciever In This Draft Is No Where As Good As Brandon Marshall.
    I Would Give Up Our Second Round Pick For Him.
    Would You?

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    would have been nice if kc would have gotten boldin
    Yeah, Marshall is younger and hasn't had the same injury history as Boldin though. I'd love to have either though. Marshall's best days could be still to come.

Most of Marshall's problems have been contract related. If Denver were to trade him to us, obviously Pioli would know a raise would be due, and I'm sure they'd give it to him. Once he gets his money, he'd shut up and play like the beast that he is.

That being said, no way Denver trades him to us, plus I think they gave him a 1st round tender anyway. Unless they are willing to work out a separate deal I don't see them basically dumping him on a division rival for a 2nd rounder. They'll either take the 1st rounder or welcome him back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Most of Marshall's problems have been contract related. If Denver were to trade him to us, obviously Pioli would know a raise would be due, and I'm sure they'd give it to him. Once he gets his money, he'd shut up and play like the beast that he is.

That being said, no way Denver trades him to us, plus I think they gave him a 1st round tender anyway. Unless they are willing to work out a separate deal I don't see them basically dumping him on a division rival for a 2nd rounder. They'll either take the 1st rounder or welcome him back next season.
    I guess all the domestic abuse charges involving his girl friend are contract related?

Isn't Marshall known to be pretty good at dropping passes?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Isn't Marshall known to be pretty good at dropping passes?
    Probably not as well known for it as D Bowe is. I'm guessing that Marshall had 50 or so more catches than Bowe last year. I would take Marshall over Bowe any day of the week and twice on Sunday's!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Probably not as well known for it as D Bowe is. I'm guessing that Marshall had 50 or so more catches than Bowe last year. I would take Marshall over Bowe any day of the week and twice on Sunday's!

I know. You think Bowe is the worst player ever. You trash hm every time his name comes up. It's cool.

But Marshall brings the same problems and then some.

While he was not AS BAD in '09, about dropping passes, but he still had an issue with it. And he led the NFL in that stat in '08, according to iWon - NFL League Stats

His numbers are clearly better than Bowe's. But they aren't so much better than Bowe's to say all that.

Not to mention that Marshall has had the advantage of playing in Denver, where they have not had the offensive failures that we have been having. And he hasn't had Tony Gonzales garnering all the QB attention like Bowe had.

And, with Marshall's "LJ" attitude, there is a certain amount of risk involved with him.

So far, I'll sick with Bowe.

Note to Denver: Please send Marshall to the Raiders or Cowboys. I love watching either of those teams implode.

Thanks...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I would rather have anybody on my team that Brandon F'n Marshall... a woman beater, mouth off, poor sport, psychocase drama queen. He is a good receiver though. But not worth the headache...Not even close...
    I kind of agree. I mean there is a reason the Donkies are shopping him. He is close to being a TOLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I know. You think Bowe is the worst player ever. You trash hm every time his name comes up. It's cool.

But Marshall brings the same problems and then some.

While he was not AS BAD in '09, about dropping passes, but he still had an issue with it. And he led the NFL in that stat in '08, according to iWon - NFL League Stats

His numbers are clearly better than Bowe's. But they aren't so much better than Bowe's to say all that.

Not to mention that Marshall has had the advantage of playing in Denver, where they have not had the offensive failures that we have been having. And he hasn't had Tony Gonzales garnering all the QB attention like Bowe had.

And, with Marshall's "LJ" attitude, there is a certain amount of risk involved with him.

So far, I'll sick with Bowe.
    First things first, Idon't think Bowe is the worst EVER but I certainly do not buy into the hype that most here do. Next, if you continue to worry about guys with a few off the field problems, you won't have enough teams in the NFL to play an entire season. Third and most important, according to NFL Stats: Player, the numbers in 2009 are not even close! In the last 3 years Marshall has over 3700 yds receiving. Bowe, again not close. Gimme Marshall over Bowe everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I guess all the domestic abuse charges involving his girl friend are contract related?
    Forgot about those...lol

Maybe he was pissed off about his contract and took it out on his girl.

Seriously though, you are right, I forgot all about that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast