Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall

Default Brandon Marshall

If The Broncos Are Just Looking For A Top 40 Pick For Marshall
    Then Why The Hell Aren't We In The Trade Discussion.
    This Man Is A Recieving Machine. He Had A 103 Catches In 15 Games With An Average Qb.
    The Best Reciever In This Draft Is No Where As Good As Brandon Marshall.
    I Would Give Up Our Second Round Pick For Him.
    Would You?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    First things first, Idon't think Bowe is the worst EVER but I certainly do not buy into the hype that most here do. Next, if you continue to worry about guys with a few off the field problems, you won't have enough teams in the NFL to play an entire season. Third and most important, according to NFL Stats: Player, the numbers in 2009 are not even close! In the last 3 years Marshall has over 3700 yds receiving. Bowe, again not close. Gimme Marshall over Bowe everyday!
    Well, you can have him. Just not on The Chiefs.

While 2009 was a total mess for Bowe, he was definitely 'in the same ballpark' as Marshall the prior two seasons.

Especially if you consider that he was not the team's primary target, and his offense has been broken for his entire career, so far.

The biggest problem with our WRs, according to most, is dropped passes. You aren't going to fix that with Brandon Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, you can have him. Just not on The Chiefs.

While 2009 was a total mess for Bowe, he was definitely 'in the same ballpark' as Marshall the prior two seasons.

Especially if you consider that he was not the team's primary target, and his offense has been broken for his entire career, so far.

The biggest problem with our WRs, according to most, is dropped passes. You aren't going to fix that with Brandon Marshall.
    No worries, JMO. I simply think Marshall has much more talent than Bowe that's all. Curious as to what people's opinion of Bowe will be when/if he has another 600-700 yd receiving year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    No worries, JMO. I simply think Marshall has much more talent than Bowe that's all. Curious as to what people's opinion of Bowe will be when/if he has another 600-700 yd receiving year.
    As-is, I have some problems with Bowe. Nowhere near the same level that most have with him. But I do have my worries.

I think Todd Haley alienated him, and made an enemy of him. But there are always two sides to the story. And Bowe may well have "given up" on learning/doing his job properly.

Now, with a coaching staff to minimize his interaction with Haley, thus buffering any animosity between the two, he should be able to get his head back in the game.

However, even without the addition of a coaching staff, it is his responsibility to do his job. If you are having problems with whatever coaches you have, then you have to own up to your part of that and get your job done.

Should he have another low-production season, then I probably won't be able to back him very much. But I may anyway, as the fanbase tends to be extreme in their judgments of players.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As-is, I have some problems with Bowe. Nowhere near the same level that most have with him. But I do have my worries.

I think Todd Haley alienated him, and made an enemy of him. But there are always two sides to the story. And Bowe may well have "given up" on learning/doing his job properly.

Now, with a coaching staff to minimize his interaction with Haley, thus buffering any animosity between the two, he should be able to get his head back in the game.

However, even without the addition of a coaching staff, it is his responsibility to do his job. If you are having problems with whatever coaches you have, then you have to own up to your part of that and get your job done.

Should he have another low-production season, then I probably won't be able to back him very much. But I may anyway, as the fanbase tends to be extreme in their judgments of players.
    I think Charlie boy is a good OC and should put the offense in position to do some good things if the O line is much improved.

If this happens, it will be a crucial year for Bowe to show his worth. If he cuts down on the drops, everything will stay the course but IMO, if he has the same amount as last season he will be on the chopping block. When given a little time, I think Cassell is more than capable to get the ball down the field but dropped passes can bring down an offense reeeeaaaalllll fast!

Overall though, to this point I have been happy with the offseason. I do wish they would address the left side of the line as I think it was the main problem with the offense last year.

i think why everyone is so hard on bowe is because weve never had a reciever with so much potential on the chiefs hes been productive but we want more i believe he does to i dont think haley and him are fighting haleys tuff we know this no one knows it better then bowe i think hes gonna be a pro bowler this season a year with haley and cassel plus with weis hell be great in his system im excited i do like marshall but bowe and chambers ill be happy we need to draft a wr to to give us youth and another play maker id love having golden tate in the second

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Regarding the off the field problems with Marshell? Remember Rison? He had his freaking house burnt down and a very bad relationship with left-eye. Off field issues are only important if they continue. Rison came here and made a difference. Jared Allen was sent packing since he was 1 more dwi/issue away from a 1 year suspension. LJ was sent packing since he was a jack*ss since his 2nd year. We have seen the so called bad apples come and go. Marshell would not be a bad addition to the team if he gets his head on straight. That is always the question in these matters with so-called problem players. Although, we would have to give up the #5 pick. In return we should get their 1st, 2nd and a later round IMO. That is if they have a 1st or 2nd! I did not look at their draft before typeing this! JMO though

PS.....Look out! Is T.O not still out there atm for hire?
    Last edited by jtandcrew; 04-10-2010 at 03:34 AM.

Jared wanted out. It wasn't cause of his DUI.

He hated King Carl.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Jared wanted to stay. We wouldn't offer him a deal. We offered to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    PS.....Look out! Is T.O not still out there atm for hire?
    im going to pretend i didnt hear that.

In all honesty. We also have to look at the QB for some of the performance of our wide outs. He can throw a pretty hard to catch ball. He throws lasers, not rainbows.

And lets not forget we lead the league last year in dropped balls. so yes the QB needs help too. Lookn at a good wideout is a good subject. I just think Marshall may cost too much.

I would honestly love to see this guy here, Julian Edelman

he stepped in awesome when Welker was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    And lets not forget we lead the league last year in dropped balls...

What's puberty got to do with it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast