Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

Default My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

I've never done this before so be understanding in your criticism...

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - we take a playmaker on defense an add an immediate starter to an area of severe weakness for this team last year

2a. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama - I do believe he falls this far. And if he does, I think Pioli snatches him up quickly.

2b. Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass - Sounds like this guy can play RT or either guard position which would provide us with some much needed depth behind Waters, Lilja, and O'Callahan. Could even push O'Callahan for the starting RT job.

3. Jordan Shipley, WR/KR, Texas - Chiefs fill a huge need here. This guy has great hands and could be a great slot WR for us and provide some KR/PR relief for Jamaal Charles. Some mock drafts had Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida falling this far and beyond but I have a hard time believing that will be true.

4. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson - Would be drafted higher if not for some injury concerns, but this guy could be the understudy to Vrabel for a year (or more) as well as rotate in on passing downs to help pressure the QB opposite Tamba Hali.

5a. Larry Asante, S, Nebraska - giving some much needed depth to our safeties as really Jarrad Page is our only real starting quality safety (McGraw is good backup/special teams guy, but not a solid starter). This pick could be Darell Stuckey, S, Kansas if he's not off the board.

5b. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA - college standout who has the talent to push Brandon Carr for the #2 corner spot, but at least provide good depth with our 4th round pick from last year Donald Washington.

5c. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon - big physical runner to complement Charles and provide some attitude to our offense (yep he's the guy who punched the Boise State idiot last year).

Needs not addressed by this mock are ILB and another OL, but can you really expect to fill all your needs in one draft?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Everybody and their mother expects the Chargers to go Ryan Matthews (RB) at 28. Not Cody.

Cody has a better shot of going to the Cowboys at 27 or the Vikings at 30. I'd wager he slips right to us at 36. The question is whether we pick him or not.
    I don't see any RB but Spiller going in the 1st. They can always go after the kid from Ole Miss or Gerhart in later rounds.

Cody, Williams, and Cam Thomas are probably the only 3 NTs that can step in and start in the NFL, and I doubt they pass on one when they have a glaring hole at NT.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    I don't see any RB but Spiller going in the 1st. They can always go after the kid from Ole Miss or Gerhart in later rounds.

Cody, Williams, and Cam Thomas are probably the only 3 NTs that can step in and start in the NFL, and I doubt they pass on one when they have a glaring hole at NT.
    The Chargers have no bigger need than RB. They're going RB. Either Spiller (if he drops past the Seahawks, and I don't think he does) or Matthews.

Disagree if you want, but that's what's going to happen.

Disagree if you want, but that's what's going to happen.
    Lol...

Ya my pick's in the second could totally not even be plausible but if those players are there I would think Pioli would take a good hard look at em at least.

Everybody and their mother expects the Chargers to go Ryan Matthews (RB) at 28. Not Cody.

Cody has a better shot of going to the Cowboys at 27 or the Vikings at 30. I'd wager he slips right to us at 36. The question is whether we pick him or not.
    If he is there the chargers will grab him.

Cody and Berry in the same draft would be money. Most of the picks do need to be used on defense for sure.

Is Trent Williams on our radar at 5? Sounds like Bulaga has some major doubters, and I keep seeing Williams drafted higher and higher in lots of mocks.

It would kinda be cool if the top 5 was all Big 12 players btw...

I actually saw that Mayock thinks Williams may be taken by the Skins, leaving Okung to us. That would ve so money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I actually saw that Mayock thinks Williams may be taken by the Skins, leaving Okung to us. That would ve so money.
    Before the combine a lot of the scouts were saying Trent Williams was a RT only. Just shows how fickle these so called experts are. There are a lot of tackles in this draft but I'm not real high on any of them. Last years group was a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Before the combine a lot of the scouts were saying Trent Williams was a RT only. Just shows how fickle these so called experts are. There are a lot of tackles in this draft but I'm not real high on any of them. Last years group was a lot better.
    I don't know if you can say that lasts years group was "a lot better"...

jason smith - unknown
    Eugene Monroe - average
    Blindside - Good season protecting the Right side
    Andre Smith - Also a RT

I actually think Okung and Williams will be better pros than Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith (injuries)

After that you still have:
    Byran Bulaga Iowa
    Anthony Davis Rutgers
    Bruce Campbell Maryland
    Charles Brown USC
    Roger Saffold Indiana

All these guys have a shot at going in the 1st round... I mean this draft could be similar to the 2008 draft in terms of depth at the O-line where 8 OTs got drafted in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    I don't know if you can say that lasts years group was "a lot better"...

jason smith - unknown
    Eugene Monroe - average
    Blindside - Good season protecting the Right side
    Andre Smith - Also a RT

I actually think Okung and Williams will be better pros than Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith (injuries)

After that you still have:
    Byran Bulaga Iowa
    Anthony Davis Rutgers
    Bruce Campbell Maryland
    Charles Brown USC
    Roger Saffold Indiana

All these guys have a shot at going in the 1st round... I mean this draft could be similar to the 2008 draft in terms of depth at the O-line where 8 OTs got drafted in the 1st round.
    Buluga- RT
    Davis ? work habits and maturity
    Campbell- Al Davis pick, bust waiting to happen.
    Saffold- RT, maybe OG
    Charles Brown could end up being the best OT in this draft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast