Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

Default My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

I've never done this before so be understanding in your criticism...

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - we take a playmaker on defense an add an immediate starter to an area of severe weakness for this team last year

2a. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama - I do believe he falls this far. And if he does, I think Pioli snatches him up quickly.

2b. Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass - Sounds like this guy can play RT or either guard position which would provide us with some much needed depth behind Waters, Lilja, and O'Callahan. Could even push O'Callahan for the starting RT job.

3. Jordan Shipley, WR/KR, Texas - Chiefs fill a huge need here. This guy has great hands and could be a great slot WR for us and provide some KR/PR relief for Jamaal Charles. Some mock drafts had Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida falling this far and beyond but I have a hard time believing that will be true.

4. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson - Would be drafted higher if not for some injury concerns, but this guy could be the understudy to Vrabel for a year (or more) as well as rotate in on passing downs to help pressure the QB opposite Tamba Hali.

5a. Larry Asante, S, Nebraska - giving some much needed depth to our safeties as really Jarrad Page is our only real starting quality safety (McGraw is good backup/special teams guy, but not a solid starter). This pick could be Darell Stuckey, S, Kansas if he's not off the board.

5b. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA - college standout who has the talent to push Brandon Carr for the #2 corner spot, but at least provide good depth with our 4th round pick from last year Donald Washington.

5c. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon - big physical runner to complement Charles and provide some attitude to our offense (yep he's the guy who punched the Boise State idiot last year).

Needs not addressed by this mock are ILB and another OL, but can you really expect to fill all your needs in one draft?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Buluga- RT
    Davis ? work habits and maturity
    Campbell- Al Davis pick, bust waiting to happen.
    Saffold- RT, maybe OG
    Charles Brown could end up being the best OT in this draft.
    Agree with that 100%. I love Charles Brown, and I think if we really want to go LT, it would be in our best interest to draft another position at 5 and trade back into the 1st round to take Brown.

great draft i love the 1st three picks but after that not so much of a fan

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this...how would you rank our need at TE?

Obviously, we all miss Tony G, but I just don't think offense needs a stud TE. We need a good run blocker with decent hands to catch bailout passes or middle screens. I think (a healthy) Cottam and Pope should fill that role ok. Basically, I'm just saying I don't think we should use a draft pick on a TE...unless somebody like Grisham drops big time, but its unlikely. I've seen a lot of mocks with us taking a TE. Walterfootball.com has us taking Rob Gronkowski from Arizona with 2b. I'd rather us grab a WR that can KR as well to fill two positions of need (slot and KR/PR since Charles won't be able to do as much of that). So I'm looking at guys like Golden Tate, Marty Gilyard, or Jordan Shipley...I'm sure there's others too. I think there will be some decent TE's that don't get drafted too that we could sign as free agents.

Just my opinion, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post
    Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this...how would you rank our need at TE?

Obviously, we all miss Tony G, but I just don't think offense needs a stud TE. We need a good run blocker with decent hands to catch bailout passes or middle screens. I think (a healthy) Cottam and Pope should fill that role ok. Basically, I'm just saying I don't think we should use a draft pick on a TE...unless somebody like Grisham drops big time, but its unlikely. I've seen a lot of mocks with us taking a TE. Walterfootball.com has us taking Rob Gronkowski from Arizona with 2b. I'd rather us grab a WR that can KR as well to fill two positions of need (slot and KR/PR since Charles won't be able to do as much of that). So I'm looking at guys like Golden Tate, Marty Gilyard, or Jordan Shipley...I'm sure there's others too. I think there will be some decent TE's that don't get drafted too that we could sign as free agents.

Just my opinion, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.
    I would like to see the second coming of Jason Dunn. A back-up tight end who is a beast at run blocking. We can probably accomplish that in the 4th round if not lower. I think our current tight ends are not great run blockers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123