Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

Default My shot at a Chiefs mock draft

I've never done this before so be understanding in your criticism...

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - we take a playmaker on defense an add an immediate starter to an area of severe weakness for this team last year

2a. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama - I do believe he falls this far. And if he does, I think Pioli snatches him up quickly.

2b. Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass - Sounds like this guy can play RT or either guard position which would provide us with some much needed depth behind Waters, Lilja, and O'Callahan. Could even push O'Callahan for the starting RT job.

3. Jordan Shipley, WR/KR, Texas - Chiefs fill a huge need here. This guy has great hands and could be a great slot WR for us and provide some KR/PR relief for Jamaal Charles. Some mock drafts had Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida falling this far and beyond but I have a hard time believing that will be true.

4. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson - Would be drafted higher if not for some injury concerns, but this guy could be the understudy to Vrabel for a year (or more) as well as rotate in on passing downs to help pressure the QB opposite Tamba Hali.

5a. Larry Asante, S, Nebraska - giving some much needed depth to our safeties as really Jarrad Page is our only real starting quality safety (McGraw is good backup/special teams guy, but not a solid starter). This pick could be Darell Stuckey, S, Kansas if he's not off the board.

5b. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA - college standout who has the talent to push Brandon Carr for the #2 corner spot, but at least provide good depth with our 4th round pick from last year Donald Washington.

5c. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon - big physical runner to complement Charles and provide some attitude to our offense (yep he's the guy who punched the Boise State idiot last year).

Needs not addressed by this mock are ILB and another OL, but can you really expect to fill all your needs in one draft?

Good mock IMO. I'd take Berry at #5 and I think Cody in round 2a is a good choice.

Those would be a good first three picks (Berry, Cody, Ducasse). I would disagree with Shipley in the 3rd (he's a 4th/5th round prospect). I think if we go WR, we go with the best hands in the draft - Andre Roberts.

Here's how I *want* it to go:

1. Brian Baluga (LT)
    2a. Terrence Cody (NT)
    2b. Vladamir Ducasse (RT)
    3. Chad Jones (S)
    4. Doren Dickerson (TE)
    5a. Ted Larsen (C)
    5b.Jamar Cheney (ILB)
    5c. Rahim Alem (OLB/DE)

I do agree that Shipley in the 3rd may be a reach but my question is why has this guy's stock fallen so much? I remember him being projected as high as the 2nd round earlier...did he just not have stellar combine/pro day workouts, because this guy's on the field production is very high up there in my opinion. He may not have the perfect size/speed but this guy seems to get it done and with his leadership would seem to be a fit for the "right 53".

Great picks though I'm still not completely sold on Berry. I don't think Ducasse will make it to 2b and it will be a stretch for Cody to make it to 2a, but if they do it'd be one hell of a draft for KC.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Great picks though I'm still not completely sold on Berry. I don't think Ducasse will make it to 2b and it will be a stretch for Cody to make it to 2a, but if they do it'd be one hell of a draft for KC.
    I hope this year's draft is better than last year's for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I hope this year's draft is better than last year's for the Chiefs.
    Whether we get either one of those players listed or not, it should be better due to the fact the draft is much deeper.

Resident Celebrity

Here's my wish
    1. S Berry, Tenn
    2a.DT Cody, Bama
    2b.ILB Washington, TCU
    3. OG Johnson, Bama
    4. ILB Spikes, UF
    5a. WR Price Ohio
    5b. OLB Selvie USF
    5c. S Chancellor VT

Spikes will drop because of his 40, but I'm sure he will still be wanted.

Selvie will drop due to his injury history

Price has soft hands and looks smooth running routes at SR Bowl

Getting 2 ILB's, a starter at S and DT from day 1 and as the draft is so deep, all of these player could be starters within 3 years. At least 4 starters in 2 years, probably bold but it looks good to me

IMO the Chargers take Cody in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    IMO the Chargers take Cody in the 1st.
    Everybody and their mother expects the Chargers to go Ryan Matthews (RB) at 28. Not Cody.

Cody has a better shot of going to the Cowboys at 27 or the Vikings at 30. I'd wager he slips right to us at 36. The question is whether we pick him or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast