Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Canada! Where are you? I have an idea!

Default Oh Canada! Where are you? I have an idea!

Okay...so there's this relay game thing called a "Flip Cup Contest"...ever heard of it? hahaha

Well, I hadn't until I was asked to join a "Flip Cup Team" for the contest they're having on the upcoming Kid Rock Chillin The Most Cruise.

Near as I can tell from the description and video's...it's a contest that involves judge(s) putting some beer in plastic cups, they decide how much goes in each contestants cup. Each team member then has to drink the beer in their cup, put the empty cup on the table and then flip it up so it's standing. They have to keep flipping until it's standing upright. Once they accomplish this then it moves to the next team member. It's a relay race sorta thing.

So...we're talking about it on Facebook, and thought this might be a fun thing to do for the Chiefs Crowd 49er's get together this Fall. You're the organizer so it's your call!

If we do form Chiefs Crowd Flip Cup Teams & have a contest...Tammie and I want to be on the same team and go up against the Canadians! LOL! That was her idea, hahaha.

In the video & description it appears there are 6 members to a team, but we wouldn't necessarily have to stick with that rule, we could drop it to however many it worked out for the number of Chiefs Crowd members that were attending the 49'ers tailgating get together, and of those who wanted to participate.

I know some don't drink beer...maybe one of those could be a judge that put the beer in the cups, which again is at their discretion as to how much beer is put in the cups each time.

Okay...so what do you think...yeh or neh?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I say this could be a disaster, so I am going to take pictures!
    Maybe even video! Then post them on the interwebbie thing. I see lots of potential consumption of beer in this game. So it will work.

I think it could be a disaster too!! Im In!!

Let me think on the idea of how to put teams together and I will get back to you!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh boy...do you want us to remember the game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yes, now what other questions do you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Its only American beer, its not like there is alcohol in it or anything!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

How many teams do we want? Maybe we should shorten the number of players per team. Go in teams of 3 or 4. Then I can have Team Canada!! Im excited, I like beer!! I think I like it more now than I used too. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!!

This seems fun.

Resident Celebrity

LOL Well, I'm glad y'all think it sounds like fun, and I needed a few laughs & happy thoughts tonight also!...which the replies accomplished, haha.

Those who organized the 'Flip Cup Team' I'm on for the cruise, assured me I would not be binge drinking...so I dunno, I'll let ya know after the cruise what happened, hahaha. If the judges take it easy on how much beer they put in my cup, no worry, if not...well, hopefully we're eliminated quickly. It's a sudden death elimination of teams. There are 36 teams I believe on the cruise.

As far as how many teams are formed for a Chiefs Crowd 'Flip Cup Contest'...and how many on each team...I think you can go with the flow & make up your own guidelines...don't see why not.

There are lots of utube video's showing Flip Cup contests...I guess it's a popular game, they even have a world tournament, lol.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    This seems fun.
    You don't drink beer...you gonna be a judge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast