Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first mock draft... what do you guys think?

Default My first mock draft... what do you guys think?

Assuming no trades (though I'm sure we'll end up w/10 or 11 picks total this year):

1) Dan Williams NT

2a) Jerry Hughes OLB

2b) Marshawn Gilyard WR/KR

3) TJ Ward SS

4) Javier Arenas CB/KR

5a) Tony Moeaki TE

5b) Eric Olsen OC

5c) Selvish Capers RT

If not these particular players, I like the positional picking.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I highly doubt Hughes is available past the 1st round. Maybe someone like Nate Allen for 2a? Safety is so deep and he's one of the "elite" guys in my opinion, he's just overshadowed by Berry, Mays, and Thomas. That leaves us with looking for an OLB/pass rusher in the 3rd.

I would be very disapointed to see more D Line with a top five pick.

I think your first three picks would be great, if they came to pass. But I think both of your second rounders will be gone by the time we pick. Also, as much as I like Ward and Arenas, we need OL much more than CB/KR or even SS. If we don't get OL in the first two rounds, we need to go OL in the 3rd and 4th.

I could see Hughes being there at 2a, and he would be the perfect pick to help our pass rush tremendously. I'm also a big fan of Nate Allen as Ryo mentioned though.

Gilyard I'm not the biggest fan, but it's not bad. I think you can get the same player in Shipley 2 rounds later, or Andre Roberts who I love.

I definitely agree with all the positions though. If Okung isn't there at 5, I do like Dan Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I could see Hughes being there at 2a, and he would be the perfect pick to help our pass rush tremendously. I'm also a big fan of Nate Allen as Ryo mentioned though.

Gilyard I'm not the biggest fan, but it's not bad. I think you can get the same player in Shipley 2 rounds later, or Andre Roberts who I love.

I definitely agree with all the positions though. If Okung isn't there at 5, I do like Dan Williams.
    Andre Roberts would fit this team so well. He's Anquan Boldin Part 2. And he never drops the ball. His only disadvantage is that he isn't very fast, but our offense isn't going to be built on speed as much as timing and skill.

I like Gilyard's potential to be a top-flight KR/PR, in addition to being a good receiver. But if we don't pick him in round 2, Roberts would be the perfect pick in Round 3.

I like Nate Allen too, I just have this feeling he'll be gone, or someone too good to pass up will be available over him, like Hughes. I like ward at safety because he's a solid tackling machine and he's still a good value in the 3rd. I REALLY want to see us pick up an offensive skill position with one of our first 3 picks. We need more offensive playmakers. I would LOVE golden tate, but no way he's there at our 2a. There will also be a plethora of good lineman in the 3-5 rounds. The only linemen I would use a high pick on would be ducasse or saffold in the 2nd.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I like Nate Allen too, I just have this feeling he'll be gone, or someone too good to pass up will be available over him, like Hughes. I like ward at safety because he's a solid tackling machine and he's still a good value in the 3rd. I REALLY want to see us pick up an offensive skill position with one of our first 3 picks. We need more offensive playmakers. I would LOVE golden tate, but no way he's there at our 2a. There will also be a plethora of good lineman in the 3-5 rounds. The only linemen I would use a high pick on would be ducasse or saffold in the 2nd.
    I think we might all get excited for the draft. I bet Tate might make it into the 2nd round. I don't think there is anyway he gets past the Bucs though (who pick before us). They seriously have nobody at WR though.

At this point, a mock draft is really point less. Come back April 22nd
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    At this point, a mock draft is really point less. Come back April 22nd
    Mock drafts are good. They're kinda like chips and salsa at a Mexican Restaurant.. They give you a taste of what you're waiting for and they keep you busy.

Resident Celebrity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast