Thread: CHIEFS PLAYOFF 2010 mock

Hybrid View

Default CHIEFS PLAYOFF 2010 mock

Let me start by saying yes we have had consecutive losing seasons and yes we have many holes to fill but the chiefs having 4 picks in top 100 and 3 in top 50 is a very good start I now give you the chiefs playoffs 2010 mock

1st round.. pick 5) Eric Berry S

We have possibly the worst safetys in the league Lets be honest here the guy is a stud i believe he will solidify the secondary for years to come and we haven't had a real safety since the Reggie Tongue days

2nd round.. pick 36) Terrence Cody DT

Controversial pick because of weight and work ethic issues but i believe he will be the next best NT in the league he is a true 3..4 NT and is the much needed run stopper and 2 gap NT the chiefs need to make glen dorsey and tyson jackson (previous 1st round picks ) prevail and will the addition of shaun smith the chiefs have themselfs a good 1 2 punch

2nd round.. pick 50) Brandon Spikes ILB

I think Brandon Spikes running a slow 40 is the best thing for the chiefs. I have been watching this guy since early college and he is the real deal he will be the run stuffing thumper to the chiefs d and a very vocal player. He had a few character issues but if anyone can fix that it is romeo crennel.

3rd round.. pick 68) Mike Johnson G

Very high value at this point who will eventually take over waters spot at rg and will add more depth the the chiefs o line for this year and may evan compete for a spot

4th round. pick 102) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    Cb

i feel like this guy can be an upgrade to carr and add more depth at the cb position

REST OF DRAFT is basically a toss up because no one can predict what is going to happen that late but we should get a C and oline and a slot reciever

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE
    Last edited by charlesIII; 04-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.

If that happened it would be a very good draft!

Cody is probably not going to be there at 2a. I would love for him to be there, but it's probably not gonna happen unfortunately. If things went down this way, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Cody is probably not going to be there at 2a. I would love for him to be there, but it's probably not gonna happen unfortunately. If things went down this way, I can't say I'd be disappointed.
    I agree but we can still hope.

I'm not familiar enough with NCAA football to know talent among the players, therefore am also not that knowledgeable to voice a logical opinion...with exception of Eric Berry. I totally agree with taking him in the first round, and for the reasons you state. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with NCAA football to know talent among the players, therefore am also not that knowledgeable to voice a logical opinion...with exception of Eric Berry. I totally agree with taking him in the first round, and for the reasons you state. :)
    Anyone that agrees that they should take Eric Berry at #5 gets rep!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Anyone that agrees that they should take Eric Berry at #5 gets rep!

Well, the credit for my agreeing belongs to you Aussie. Your interest and support of Berry led me to do my own research on him, so I could make a fair assessment as to whether or not I agreed with taking Berry at #5. My conclusion was I do agree with you, and many other Chiefs fans for that matter, haha.

So Aussie, REP to you for initiating my interest in Berry, and the Draft some as well.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Well, the credit for my agreeing belongs to you Aussie. Your interest and support of Berry led me to do my own research on him, so I could make a fair assessment as to whether or not I agreed with taking Berry at #5. My conclusion was I do agree with you, and many other Chiefs fans for that matter, haha.

So Aussie, REP to you for initiating my interest in Berry, and the Draft some as well.
    Thanks Connie Jo! And in just over 12 days we are going to find out who the Chiefs DO pick up with their 1st round pick. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by charlesIII View Post
    Let me start by saying yes we have had consecutive losing seasons and yes we have many holes to fill but the chiefs having 4 picks in top 100 and 3 in top 50 is a very good start I now give you the chiefs playoffs 2010 mock

1st round.. pick 5) Eric Berry S

We have possibly the worst safetys in the league Lets be honest here the guy is a stud i believe he will solidify the secondary for years to come and we haven't had a real safety since the Reggie Tongue days

2nd round.. pick 36) Terrence Cody DT

Controversial pick because of weight and work ethic issues but i believe he will be the next best NT in the league he is a true 3..4 NT and is the much needed run stopper and 2 gap NT the chiefs need to make glen dorsey and tyson jackson (previous 1st round picks ) prevail and will the addition of shaun smith the chiefs have themselfs a good 1 2 punch

2nd round.. pick 50) Brandon Spikes ILB

I think Brandon Spikes running a slow 40 is the best thing for the chiefs. I have been watching this guy since early college and he is the real deal he will be the run stuffing thumper to the chiefs d and a very vocal player. He had a few character issues but if anyone can fix that it is romeo crennel.

3rd round.. pick 68) Mike Johnson G

Very high value at this point who will eventually take over waters spot at rg and will add more depth the the chiefs o line for this year and may evan compete for a spot

4th round. pick 102) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    Cb

i feel like this guy can be an upgrade to carr and add more depth at the cb position

REST OF DRAFT is basically a toss up because no one can predict what is going to happen that late but we should get a C and oline and a slot reciever

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE
    I want to add, that although I can't offer a logical opinion on your Mock Draft, I can offer one on your overall post, haha. Nice post, well thought out and articulate!

REP! :)

If and its a big if to me right now Cody is still there at 2a I think the draft could happen this way for the chiefs. As long as Pioli goes against his way and picks berry with the 5th pick. I could also see us tradeing out to get an extra 1st rounder and getting berry and Cody that way.