Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes to jets for 5th round pick

Default Santonio Holmes to jets for 5th round pick

why couldent we or why didnt we make a run at Santonio holmes if they were only asking a 5th rounder

Holmes is already facing a 4-game suspension, and has also recently stated his love for smoking pot (very Ricky Williamsish of him). His legal troubles (present and probably future). Plus, he is on the last year of his contract and I'm sure being a super bowl MVP, he is going to command a lot of money. The Jets are a team that is maybe 1-2 players away from competing for a super bowl, the Chiefs unfortunately are not. They can afford to give away a pick for 1 year of help. Also, I don't beleive the Steelers shopped him very hard, so the Chiefs may not have even been in the loop regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Holmes is already facing a 4-game suspension, and has also recently stated his love for smoking pot (very Ricky Williamsish of him). His legal troubles (present and probably future). Plus, he is on the last year of his contract and I'm sure being a super bowl MVP, he is going to command a lot of money. The Jets are a team that is maybe 1-2 players away from competing for a super bowl, the Chiefs unfortunately are not. They can afford to give away a pick for 1 year of help. Also, I don't beleive the Steelers shopped him very hard, so the Chiefs may not have even been in the loop regarding this.
    Yep. If we traded for Holmes, we'd basically be renting him for 12 games in 2010. And given his problems off the field, it's more trouble than it's worth for those 12 games.

The Chiefs completely cut a player that was simlilar but in a better situation than Holmes, (LJ) and most of the fan base was okay with it.

Why wouldn't Pittsburgh be happy getting a 5th. This is a very risky trade for the JETS...

Quote Originally Posted by charlesIII View Post
    why couldent we or why didnt we make a run at Santonio holmes if they were only asking a 5th rounder
    two words, Larry Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Chiefs completely cut a player that was simlilar but in a better situation than Holmes, (LJ) and most of the fan base was okay with it.

Why wouldn't Pittsburgh be happy getting a 5th. This is a very risky trade for the JETS...
    Meh.. Holmes is a pot head in his prime, LJ is a washed-up woman beating narcissistic idiot. Give me the pot head any day.

But like everyone said, there would be no point in trading anything for Santonio Holmes unless we knew we would be able to lock him up long-term, which we probably wouldn't.

The interesting thing is there was a certain draft day where Chiefs fans were crying out for us to draft Holmes, and when it was announced that we took Tamba Hali instead, Chiefs fans let out a collective "WTF?" I'm sure feeling a lot better about that pick today.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    The Steelers have gotten rid of him cause his off the field troubles.

I am suprised at this though, cause big ben has had more. DUI, Riding a motorcyle without a helmet and DL. Several women have accused him of rap and sexual assult.
    Holmes had one year left on his contract, Big Ben on the other hand is in the middle of a monster deal. Plus his position is a little harder to replace and a little more important.

Somebody was saying that the purpose of this move might in part be to teach Ben that his position isn't locked.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by SalinaChiefsFan View Post
    Nothing worse than being accused of rap.
    lol, I was in a hurry when I typed that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

im pissed because i now feel that the jets are going to draft terrence cody with their pick and i was hoping to get him with our 2a pick

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    two words, Larry Johnson
    who?

HMMMMM....

Glad Pioli don't think like the OP. :)

Jets' new WR Holmes suspended 4 games by NFL - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Not even Jet for a day before he is suspended.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast