Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the sea of red

Default the sea of red

im a big believer that we must bring back our home field advantage next year. i have gone to several chiefs games in my life and even though the last three seasons have been dark i was at the chiefs cowboys game which was a amazing game but what i noticed was just how many cowgirl fans we let come into our home and act like they belong there... im a loud emotional person who will stick up for the red and gold anywhere and it was divided 50/50 at arrowhead... that should NEVER happen at our home we as fans play a huge part in communication we have to be loud and let other fans and teams know this is our home back off (and i dont mean act likea raiders fan andcut someone) be respectful at the same time never back down no matter what the odds are we bleed red and gold and this year the sea of red need to be heard and seen and felt teams used to be scared of us fans at arrowhead (again not that will cut them) but that were unified and loud as hell!!! im callin all chiefs fans to stand united and bring back our homefield advantage.

And the home.... of the...CHIEFS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    The day you do those here at the Chiefs Crowd will join you.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, when they come out each week for a couple of seasons and aren't even able to compete, it can really effect one's willingness to pay absurd prices to a game in which your team is unlikely to give you alot to cheer for.

I don't think that anyone would deny that the feeling after watching a victory is quite different from the feeling after a loss. And the feeling after an ugly loss is even worse.

If you are going to see a game, everyone would rather see a game where their team at least played very competetively.

Who wants to tell their grandchildren the story of how they went to their first Chiefs game and watched them get humiliated?

The fun story is when you went to see them and they scored eight rushing TDs in a game, or they managed some great fourth quarter comeback.

It just isn't fun if the game was over before the first quarter was. And that was a legitimate worry with this team over the past three seasons.
    Thats fair enough, but those same people should not complain about the lack of fans at the game either. Im there for the team, win lose or draw. Not supporting to the team is just adding to the problem.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thats fair enough, but those same people should not complain about the lack of fans at the game either. Im there for the team, win lose or draw. Not supporting to the team is just adding to the problem.
    Same here. (Even though I can't be at the game)

i went to the cowboys game did anything think we had a snow balls chance in hell to compete?? and we took them to overtime even though they lost it was well worth a four hour drive one way to be with others who bleed red and gold theres no other place id rather be then at arrowhead rain snow sun dosent matter and fair enough that when the team isnt winning its hard to justify paying to go but guess what its a bussiness if the fans stop going teams tend to move like it or not remember los angelos will kill for a team and i dont wanna end up like thd jags just tryin to get anyone into the door. our team needs the atmospher we creat to thrive off of other teams need to be scared we help the team win shannon sharpe (the only donkey i like) admited to being scared s$&tless each time he came to arrowhead we as fans must bring back the power to arrowhead the teams lookin better its the light after the storm we can see it we as fans must stand up unite and show the nfl were here and stay the f$&ck out of our home at arrowhead drive

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    i went to the cowboys game did anything think we had a snow balls chance in hell to compete?? and we took them to overtime even though they lost it was well worth a four hour drive one way to be with others who bleed red and gold theres no other place id rather be then at arrowhead rain snow sun dosent matter and fair enough that when the team isnt winning its hard to justify paying to go but guess what its a bussiness if the fans stop going teams tend to move like it or not remember los angelos will kill for a team and i dont wanna end up like thd jags just tryin to get anyone into the door. our team needs the atmospher we creat to thrive off of other teams need to be scared we help the team win shannon sharpe (the only donkey i like) admited to being scared s$&tless each time he came to arrowhead we as fans must bring back the power to arrowhead the teams lookin better its the light after the storm we can see it we as fans must stand up unite and show the nfl were here and stay the f$&ck out of our home at arrowhead drive
    I agree here too. Nothing better than having opponents hating to come and play here.

But the team has to be able to be competetive. If they are eliminated from the playoffs, midway through the season, then fans will find it difficult to be enthusiastic.

I am finally seeing some things that make me think that this team may actually be improving. So, maybe we will get some of that crowd back, win a few games early, and get that stadium filled back up with loud-mouths.

But, if there are alot of early disapointments, then we may be looking at this same problem again.

vary true

First off, I love going to Chiefs games! With that said, my problem is that last season by the time we got to the Denver game I was walking around and heard the Chiefs ticket office selling two tickets for $35. As a season ticket holder I literally heard my brain go click..done buying season tickets. As long as I can go out and buy a ticket for less than the price of a season ticket I won't be a season ticket holder.

Why is that significant? Because season ticket holders (for the most part) mean that we'll have a sea of red and gold cheering for our team. I simply can't and won't pay sticker price for something I know I can get for half off. I will always root for the Chiefs but the fundamental problem with that scenario is that until the Chiefs get back to the sellout crowds and buying season tickets means you start clear up in the nose bleed section and you work your way down... I don't think til then will we see the stadium returned to its former glory of the most feared venue to play.

I was a season ticket holder for the last 4 years. I considered it a privilege to be able to own my own seats at Arrowhead. I couldn't always sell my tickets, and I definitely have lost a ton of money on games I can't attend or sell (I live 9 hours from KC). Yes, I hate that they have sucked the last 3 years, but I believe things will get better eventually. I'll support the Chiefs as much as I can.

That said, I did get rid of my season tickets this year. I'm getting married in August and currently shopping for a house (actually putting an offer in today!). My fiance told me she didn't want me to get the tickets this year mainly b/c of this other stuff we have coming up, and I agreed, mostly because I can only make it to 1-2 games a year. I guess the real question is, The Chiefs or my Fiance

I got my season tickets from a fan that jumped off the band wagon and apparently hit his head because the price for tickets was dirt cheap. As a true fan, I will always support this team. Yes, I do get frustrated with losing seasons, but soon we will have the sweet taste of victory again and it will be all the sweeter for those of us who sat through these bad seasons!
    RYFO- I did not ask my wife if I could buy the tickets because she bleeds red and gold like I do. These are things we covered before we got married, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I got my season tickets from a fan that jumped off the band wagon and apparently hit his head because the price for tickets was dirt cheap. As a true fan, I will always support this team. Yes, I do get frustrated with losing seasons, but soon we will have the sweet taste of victory again and it will be all the sweeter for those of us who sat through these bad seasons!
    RYFO- I did not ask my wife if I could buy the tickets because she bleeds red and gold like I do. These are things we covered before we got married, lol.
    Oh mine does too...It's a lot easier for you to justify it when you can go just about every week (living in Olathe). I will miss having my own seats, I had moved to the lower level so fast! But I think it's for the best that I'll just be buying single game tickets.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast