Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: the sea of red

Default the sea of red

im a big believer that we must bring back our home field advantage next year. i have gone to several chiefs games in my life and even though the last three seasons have been dark i was at the chiefs cowboys game which was a amazing game but what i noticed was just how many cowgirl fans we let come into our home and act like they belong there... im a loud emotional person who will stick up for the red and gold anywhere and it was divided 50/50 at arrowhead... that should NEVER happen at our home we as fans play a huge part in communication we have to be loud and let other fans and teams know this is our home back off (and i dont mean act likea raiders fan andcut someone) be respectful at the same time never back down no matter what the odds are we bleed red and gold and this year the sea of red need to be heard and seen and felt teams used to be scared of us fans at arrowhead (again not that will cut them) but that were unified and loud as hell!!! im callin all chiefs fans to stand united and bring back our homefield advantage.

And the home.... of the...CHIEFS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    In all fairness, its hard to willingly buy a ticket when you know that were going to lose.
    Honest, cross my heart...I've never attended any game at Arrowhead with the thought that we would lose. I'm that blinded by love for my Chiefs I suppose, haha. That said, I might agree with someone in jest, if they say we're gonna lose a game, I may reply 'probably', but I don't actually believe it.

Tell me you absolutely believe that the Chiefs will beat the Colts next year.

Sure, I think they will win. But its down right odds that the Colts are going to beat us.
    Yes! There is no doubt in my mind that we will beat the Colts next year!!

Odd's mean nothing at all in the NFL...look how many upsets happen weekly. :)

So your telling me you thought the Chiefs were 100 % going to win against Philly, or the Giants? Those were all home games a was sure we were going to lose, because this team was terrible.
    I thought we would win both of those games! Like I said, I always think we're gonna win before the game...I'm a fool in love with my Chiefs, haha. I don't think the 2009 team was that terrible. There were games we barely lost, a couple we won statistically, but still took an 'L' in the L colunm. I don't believe our season record told the 'rest of the story'. I believe we were better than our record indicated, considering the unusual circumstances with last years team...including Coaching & GM transitions, firing the OC & throwing out the playbook, Bowe's suspension, dumping LJ, etc..

I never gave up before a game...my not giving up proved to be correct...look what happened in Denver the last game of the season! I wonder how many thought we'd lose that game before it began? haha There is ALWAYS a possibility we will win regardless of who our opponent is...so why think otherwise?

Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-15-2010 at 03:00 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Honest, cross my heart...I've never attended any game at Arrowhead with the thought that we would lose. I'm that blinded by love for my Chiefs I suppose, haha. That said, I might agree with someone in jest, if they say we're gonna lose a game, I may reply 'probably', but I don't actually believe it.

Yes! There is no doubt in my mind that we will beat the Colts next year!!

Odd's mean nothing at all in the NFL...look how many upsets happen weekly. :)

I thought we would win both of those games! Like I said, I always think we're gonna win before the game...I'm a fool in love with my Chiefs, haha. I don't think the 2009 team was that terrible. There were games we barely lost, a couple we won statistically, but still took an 'L' in the W/L colunm. I don't believe our season record told the 'rest of the story'. I believe we were better than our record indicated, considering the unusual circumstances with last years team...including Coaching & GM transitions, firing the OC & throwing out the playbook, Bowe's suspension, dumping LJ, etc..

I never gave up before a game...my not giving up proved to be correct...look what happened in Denver the last game of the season! I wonder how many thought we'd lose that game before it began? haha There is ALWAYS a possibility we will win regardless of who our opponent is...so why think otherwise?

It's hard to explain, and you just explained it!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Who wouldn't say that really? Throw out your love for the team for just one second if you would...pretend it's another team or something. ;) Would you really want to pay $100 to go watch a team that can't make a first down on several of their possessions and a defense that gives up big plays?

People go to watch sports because we love to see competition. When there is lack of competition and your team wins 1 out of every 5 games do you really want to go to every game week in and week out to see the QB throw 3 interceptions or fumble the ball a lot? $500 later you got to see one good game?

You can say that I'm not a "true" fan or whatever way you want to put it or make it seem like I'm some sort of second class fan. But I work hard for the money I make and I would expect a team that plays professionally in a competitive sport to keep games close win or lose. When I'm not seeing that yes I'll say that I'm not going to pay to go see that. If that makes me less than a true fan well...we'll agree to disagree. After all opinions are like a**holes and everyone's stinks but mine.
    This. If I didn't even like the team I wouldn't be here or I wouldn't watch them.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    it is!

I would be glad to go to any Chiefs home game! I live in Australia and to go to a game I'd have to travel thousands of miles. Honda (and everyone else here) already lives in america. For me it'd be amazing and extremely exciting to even go to a game if they win or lose (though I wouldn't be that happy if they lost, but I'd still be full of excitement for the fact that I would be at Arrowhead Stadium!
    I just love seeing someone from a younger generation have the true heart of a Chiefs fan as you do Aussie! I wish there were more younger fans with your spirit and loyalty towards the Chiefs!

REP!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, when they come out each week for a couple of seasons and aren't even able to compete, it can really effect one's willingness to pay absurd prices to a game in which your team is unlikely to give you alot to cheer for.

I don't think that anyone would deny that the feeling after watching a victory is quite different from the feeling after a loss. And the feeling after an ugly loss is even worse.

If you are going to see a game, everyone would rather see a game where their team at least played very competetively.

Who wants to tell their grandchildren the story of how they went to their first Chiefs game and watched them get humiliated?

The fun story is when you went to see them and they scored eight rushing TDs in a game, or they managed some great fourth quarter comeback.

It just isn't fun if the game was over before the first quarter was. And that was a legitimate worry with this team over the past three seasons.
    I agree, but...in reality there is so much to absorb when attending a Chiefs game for the very first time beyond whether the Chiefs win or lose. Most definitely winning is more exciting, but until you've attended games experiencing both a win & loss...you have nothing to compare.

I attended the Cleveland game with my Chiefs friend from Germany and his two sons...I felt badly that Arrowhead was half full & we lost as well, believing it affected their first experience negatively. Well, I was wrong to assume that, haha. They were in total awe of so much around them visiting Arrowhead for the first time, the game experience overall.

Although my friends sons have been raised by a dad who's a diehard Chiefs fan of 20 yrs...they weren't fans yet, not quite 'getting it'. Their dad has his 'Chiefs Room' and they watch games on TV...but it's not quite the same as attending a live game of course. The boy's are pre-teen age, and their first game experience at Arrowhead had them walking away new born Chiefs fans!

I was in awe of their overwhelmed excitement as we walked away from Arrowhead. The majority of fans were not enthusiastic to say the least following our terrible loss to Cleveland. It was only my friends second visit to Arrowhead, his first being a pre-season game 15 yrs ago...so he too was very happy. One wouldn't have known we lost the game if judging by dad & son's, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    You are a true chiefs fan ,If I had the money I would sent you and your family and a couple friends airline tickets, and chiefs tickets!

Lets get the SEA of RED back!!!!!!
    Same here! I just need to win the lottery, then will be able to bring Aussie and his family to Arrowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Wow thanks. One day I'll probably come over to the US and watch a game at Arrowhead!
    Heck, I'll be more excited about you attending your first Chiefs game than winning the game when that day happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

I buy a ticket to attend a CHIEFS GAME, AND THE GAME DAY EXPERIENCE! I watch CHIEFS FOOTBALL EVERY GAME DAY, that is on tv, or record if at work.

I NEVER EXPECT THE CHIEFS TO LOSE!.

I never expect to lose!
    REP!

I'm the same, for me it's every aspect of the game I look forward to enjoying at Arrowhead, including sharing good times with Chiefs friends...winning is a bonus, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    The day you do those here at the Chiefs Crowd will join you.
    I have a very good feeling when Aussie visits Arrowhead for the first time...that meeting Aussie in person, witnessing his excitement...will be priceless by comparison to any memory of winning the game that day, lol. I also have a feeling that ton's of Chiefs Crowd members will attend that game with their first priority being to welcome Aussie to Arrowhead, rather than the game itself a priority, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thats fair enough, but those same people should not complain about the lack of fans at the game either. Im there for the team, win lose or draw. Not supporting to the team is just adding to the problem.
    REP! I totally agree! It's so very frustrating for me to attend a game and see fan's not do what little they have the power to do with helping their team, such as participating as the 12th man (or woman, haha). Helping our defense becomes even more critical when our Chiefs are down, yet this is the time when the crowd particpates the least.

It's a good thing I'm not a violent person by nature, cause I'd be running around giving ton's of smacks upside the head when I witness lack of the 12th man. My hands are so sore & voice exhausted when I leave Arrowhead. It's a hypocrisy really to criticize players for not giving 100% when a critical fan does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    im a big believer that we must bring back our home field advantage next year. i have gone to several chiefs games in my life and even though the last three seasons have been dark i was at the chiefs cowboys game which was a amazing game but what i noticed was just how many cowgirl fans we let come into our home and act like they belong there... im a loud emotional person who will stick up for the red and gold anywhere and it was divided 50/50 at arrowhead... that should NEVER happen at our home we as fans play a huge part in communication we have to be loud and let other fans and teams know this is our home back off (and i dont mean act likea raiders fan andcut someone) be respectful at the same time never back down no matter what the odds are we bleed red and gold and this year the sea of red need to be heard and seen and felt teams used to be scared of us fans at arrowhead (again not that will cut them) but that were unified and loud as hell!!! im callin all chiefs fans to stand united and bring back our homefield advantage.

And the home.... of the...CHIEFS!!!!
    REP!

This. If I didn't even like the team I wouldn't be here or I wouldn't watch them.
    I know that. You're just a frustrated fan right now, and wearing that frustration on your sleeve, like many Chiefs fans are.

Have faith Honda...sometimes that's all we got, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

I have a very good feeling when Aussie visits Arrowhead for the first time...that meeting Aussie in person, witnessing his excitement...will be priceless by comparison to any memory of winning the game that day, lol. I also have a feeling that ton's of Chiefs Crowd members will attend that game with their first priority being to welcome Aussie to Arrowhead, rather than the game itself a priority, hahaha.
    I agree. It's not everyday you travel across the country to see your favorite team. I know I would do it, I know you would do it and almost every other Chiefs fan here would do it to see our beloved team, so there is no doubt in my mind that Aussie will one day in fact travel to come see the Chiefs play at Arrowhead. (And to see all the Chiefs Crowd members)

Resident Celebrity

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345