Thread: 2010 Nfl Mock Draft- Chiefs

Default 2010 Nfl Mock Draft- Chiefs

This is the way I think the Draft will turn out to be like. Not what i would want to do.

This is how I think Scott Pioli with go on Draft Night.

1. Dan Williams - People say that a NT is the most important position on a 3-4 Defense. Maybe thats true, but I think they could draft Cam Thomas in the second round. Then again this is what Pioli would do, not me.

2a-Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle - We need to generate a pass rush and both of these guys can rush the passer. I think if both are available then Pioli would go for Hughes. He is a better pass-rusher.

2b-Nate Allen - Nate Allen has had a consistent college career and i believe that he is an instant starter in this league. He can really help out immediately.

3-Brandon Spikes - I do believe that Brandon Spikes is almost as good of a player as McClaine. He would have been a top-10 pick had he come out last year.

4-Kyle Calloway - He can come in an compete right away for the starting RT position.
    I was thinking that he may go Jordan Shipley, but he wont fall that far down.

5a- Eric Olsen- a Notre Dame guy and he with also compete for a starting job right away.

5b- Myron Rolle or Larry Asanke - Who ever is avalaible. We need depth at Safety and Pioli will try to get just that.

5c- KR/PR - I think Pioli would want another NT for depth, but I think he would draft a KR/PR.

THAT IN MY MIND IS THE MOST LIKELY OUTCOME OF THIS YEARS DRAFT.

I would be actually very Happy with this outcome. We could eventually have 5 starters this year.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    This is the way I think the Draft will turn out to be like. Not what i would want to do.

1. Dan Williams - People say that a NT is the most important position on a 3-4 Defense. Maybe thats true, but I think they could draft Cam Thomas in the second round. Then again this is what Pioli would do, not me.

2a-Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle - We need to generate a pass rush and both of these guys can rush the passer. I think if both are available then Pioli would go for Hughes. He is a better pass-rusher.

2b-Nate Allen - Nate Allen has had a consistent college career and i believe that he is an instant starter in this league. He can really help out immediately.

3-Brandon Spikes - I do believe that Brandon Spikes is almost as good of a player as McClaine. He would have been a top-10 pick had he come out last year.

4-Kyle Calloway - He can come in an compete right away for the starting RT position.

5a- Eric Olsen- a Notre Dame guy and he with also compete for a starting job right away.

5b- Myron Rolle or Larry Asanke - Who ever is avalaible. We need depth at Safety and Pioli will try to get just that.

5c- KR/PR - I think Pioli would want another NT for depth, but I think he would draft a KR/PR.

That is an extremely possible draft. I do think we go WR, CB, TE (my bet), or even QB instead of SS and KR/PR at 5b and 5c (and I think Shipley drops much farther than you think).

I also think we probably trade down a couple times to pick up extra picks, even if not in the 1st round.

All in all, this is probably the most realistic mock I've seen assuming we don't trade any.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post

I'd be surprised if any of these 3 guys are available at these spots in the draft. Can't complain if it did though! Kindle would be the most likely to make it to us though IMO out of the 3. I'm thinking the Eagles look hard at Nate Allen in the pick right after our 2a. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Vikings took Kindle though. As far as Hughes, he's projected round 1. I could see the Pats moving to get him.

That would be a sensational value draft imo.

I have a couple of issues with this mock:

1. Dan Williams never visited the Chiefs. not saying that completely rules him out, but it certainly doesn't seem likely they'll take him #5 overall without a more in-depth meeting.

2. Sergio Kindle is the first 3-4 OLB off the board, at the very least the second after Brandon Graham. He is gone by the 23rd pick for sure.

3. You have four defensive players in the first 3 rounds, and frankly one of our biggest weaknesses - wide receiver - isn't addressed. We led the league in drops, and I imagine that is going to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

1. Dan Williams never visited the Chiefs. not saying that completely rules him out, but it certainly doesn't seem likely they'll take him #5 overall without a more in-depth meeting.

2. Sergio Kindle is the first 3-4 OLB off the board, at the very least the second after Brandon Graham. He is gone by the 23rd pick for sure.

3. You have four defensive players in the first 3 rounds, and frankly one of our biggest weaknesses - wide receiver - isn't addressed. We led the league in drops, and I imagine that is going to be addressed.
    In my opinion, Dan Williams NOT visiting with the Chiefs makes him the frontrunner.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Um, Jason Pierre-Paul is the 1st 3-4 OLB off the board. By a long shot.